Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 15, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #6,916 of 18,757
Hey don't involve me, I ain't got anything to do with it! :)
I was just agreeing that this thread can be quite an unpleasant read, that's all.
Not even seen the post in question. ..... I've nowt against you matey, may be I should've read back more before replying, appologies!

Sorry dude! I wasn't intending to involve you or saying anything against you - I only saw the other response when you replied to it! :ksc75smile:

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #6,919 of 18,757
@BluebirdCRM @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett @ChordElectronics

Does anyone plan on answering the following question that's been asked (but not answered) multiple times?

From the beginning, the "GoFigure" app has promised us an easy way to configure the Poly using the app, but just as important, full control of SD card playback. Then @BluebirdCRM claimed that this feature had never been promised (it has, multiple times, from the very beginning).

So is it another broken promise, or will "GoFigure" have full SD card playback control?

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #6,920 of 18,757
My Poly has been working OK for a few weeks now, but since yesterday it’s been touch and go on whether it’s going to work or not. It’s so annoying when you ready to commute to work and it refuses to work.

The current issue I’m facing is very strange.

The poly hotspot is working, I can connect without issue. But no matter what app I use, I’m not getting any sound out of my headphones.

I can see it in Airplay, I can select it, and it shows as it’s playing on the phone Tidal app, but no sound at all from the my headphones. I get the same problem when using glider.

I’ve turned my phone off and on twice, I’ve re-rebooted poly, but still doesn’t work.

Has anyone come across this before? I’m due to swap my poly over because of the power issue. I’m hoping this would resolve the current issue.

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #6,921 of 18,757
@BluebirdCRM @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett @ChordElectronics

Does anyone plan on answering the following question that's been asked (but not answered) multiple times?

From the beginning, the "GoFigure" app has promised us an easy way to configure the Poly using the app, but just as important, full control of SD card playback. Then @BluebirdCRM claimed that this feature had never been promised (it has, multiple times, from the very beginning).

So is it another broken promise, or will "GoFigure" have full SD card playback control?

I agree. I really don't want to have to rely on other apps as I've never got them to work 100%. Broken promises again.

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #6,922 of 18,757
Frustration has obviously reached crescendo level. I totally understand as I was one of those who long ago expressed my frustrations and took lots of heat for it.

Having said the above, I don’t think Chord are filled with evil people or an evil company, just got in over their head, made promises they didn’t realize they couldn’t meet and like other companies before them, when met with a problem are learning that they could have and should have dealt with it much differently. I see them caving under the pressure making promises time wise that they were hoping they could meet and obviously couldn’t.

I am hoping Chord is moving forward and “will” have an operational product that does all they claimed it could do in the next few days INCLUDING playing SD card music via GoApp as promised and that we don’t experience a slew of problems that never get fixed.

I can say, I bought a product from a reputable company years ago, I rather not name the company, but was the first to implement network rendering with a plug in card to their DAC. Despite multiple promises it never worked as advertised and unfortunately Version II came out and Version I never worked as promised. Like Mojo, the base product worked just fine but the life changing plug in card never worked and those of us early adopters were basically ignored. They obviously lost me as a customer. I hope Chord doesn’t follow the same path.

I have chosen, despite being offered my money back to stick with MojoPoly as when it does work it is a great product. Chord did respond to me, put me on “the list” for my USA dealer to exchange my Poly that doesn’t turn on, but I am still waiting and have had no contact from Chord that arrangements have been made as those in Europe have had their units replaced. Next few weeks will tell us IF Chord can deliver and IF it does what was promised including playing from an SD via GoFigure.

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #6,923 of 18,757
I wanted to inform people that Apple really do ask for the hardware for certification sometimes. See this thread regarding the Auralic ARIES hardware being requested by Apple to check how it works with their Lightning DS app
https://community.auralic.com/t/lightning-ds-bug-in-ios-11-0-1/898/14

We recently submitted new version of Lightning DS for Apple review, they now request us to send a machine to their headquarter. We did that but not sure how long it will take for them to review the new version.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #6,925 of 18,757
My Poly has been working OK for a few weeks now, but since yesterday it’s been touch and go on whether it’s going to work or not. It’s so annoying when you ready to commute to work and it refuses to work.

The current issue I’m facing is very strange.

The poly hotspot is working, I can connect without issue. But no matter what app I use, I’m not getting any sound out of my headphones.

I can see it in Airplay, I can select it, and it shows as it’s playing on the phone Tidal app, but no sound at all from the my headphones. I get the same problem when using glider.

I’ve turned my phone off and on twice, I’ve re-rebooted poly, but still doesn’t work.

Has anyone come across this before? I’m due to swap my poly over because of the power issue. I’m hoping this would resolve the current issue.

This exact thing has happened to me before when using my iPhone as a hotspot. No sound from Tidal or Glider. I can’t recall exactly what seemed to work, but force closing the apps, rebooting iPhone and Poly (make sure p-status light goes out) seemed to work, IIRC. I think it may be some apps interacting poorly with Poly, but once everything gets reset you should be ok.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #6,926 of 18,757
This exact thing has happened to me before when using my iPhone as a hotspot. No sound from Tidal or Glider. I can’t recall exactly what seemed to work, but force closing the apps, rebooting iPhone and Poly (make sure p-status light goes out) seemed to work, IIRC. I think it may be some apps interacting poorly with Poly, but once everything gets reset you should be ok.

I got it working by detaching the poly from Mojo and re-attaching it again. Very strange as I know it's going to happen again, and that solution probably wouldn't fix it next time.

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #6,927 of 18,757
I’m currently facing difficulty “seeing” Poly. I can’t connect it via airplay. Ability to read my SD card and appear as server is still inconsistent. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it doesn’t.

I have restarted at least 4 times. I tried disconnecting mojo and poly. Turn-on mojo. Then, plug them together. Still cannot connect to poly.

I had issue getting Poly to turn-on just before this happen. My mojo is M0355XX, Poly is P0222XX. Using latest poly firmware. iOS is 11.2.5

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #6,928 of 18,757

4rM2hbS.png

DOES GOFIGURE HAVE A DEDICATED MUSIC PLAYER BUILT IN?

GoFigure, as the name suggests, is purely and simply a configuration app - a direct alternative to manually using the pin. The main features are that you can change modes, add WiFi networks, view battery status, stored WiFi networks, and other system information.

Whilst a very basic shuffle type player does exist within the interface, offering play/pause and skip track functionality for playing back set MPD playlists loaded onto the Micro SD Card, it is limited. This function is not a direct replacement for the services/apps that you currently use for music playback, those services/apps have tailored user interfaces for navigating your stored music files, music discovery, and/or streaming. This is the specification we have been working to since before GoFigure was announced.

The Quick Play function is shown in its entirety below:

CP36toc.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #6,929 of 18,757
So i'm going to have to make a playlist for each album i see, i wonder how it will deal with that. :deadhorse: Thanks for the screenshot, finally something concrete about the app.
If only the poly would boot up in a timely manner in the 1st place :/ It has been couple of weeks at least since i contacted my retailer, and they haven't received any info from Chord yet about the power on issue replacements :/

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #6,930 of 18,757
4rM2hbS.png

DOES GOFIGURE HAVE A DEDICATED MUSIC PLAYER BUILT IN?

GoFigure, as the name suggests, is purely and simply a configuration app - a direct alternative to manually using the pin. The main features are that you can change modes, add WiFi networks, view battery status, stored WiFi networks, and other system information.

Whilst a very basic shuffle type player does exist within the interface, offering play/pause and skip track functionality for playing back set MPD playlists loaded onto the Micro SD Card, it is limited. This function is not a direct replacement for the services/apps that you currently use for music playback, those services/apps have tailored user interfaces for navigating your stored music files, music discovery, and/or streaming. This is the specification we have been working to since before GoFigure was announced.

The music player function is shown in its entirety below:

CP36toc.jpg

lol, nice. So you're able to say you didn't *completely* break that promise, just significantly under-delivered.

Myself and many others recall "full SD card playback control" being touted as a main feature from the get go. I'm sorry, but you guys need some serious project management help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back