Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 14, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #6,886 of 18,821
I also love the sound of Mojo which is why I'm reluctant to return it yet and hoping that it all eventually works out. ZX300 certainly looks interesting though lacking streaming abilities. Any other alternatives that you guys could recommend?

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #6,887 of 18,821
I just pulled the trigger on Hugo 2, I hope it is as good as they say.

It will be used mainly as a static system and mojo for ugh, whatever.

I love it.

It may be closest I come to DAVE.

My wife will love the Go Figure app w Poly as the dust settles, but I’ll dive right in to Hugo 2’s “poly”, 2Go.

Mojo and Hugo 2 are great tools to enhance our enjoyment of music.

This week a very long flight ( weather cancellations & delays) meant 12 hours of Hugo 2 listening. (I brought charging brick). I used blue tooth in flight. I’m looking forward to SD card.
The Mojo Poly sound is great. My wife has 250 gb of music with her to choose from.

You’ll love it.

Congrats !

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #6,888 of 18,821
I also love the sound of Mojo which is why I'm reluctant to return it yet and hoping that it all eventually works out. ZX300 certainly looks interesting though lacking streaming abilities. Any other alternatives that you guys could recommend?
DX200, has streaming and supports offline downloads, also no RF

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #6,889 of 18,821
Hi all,

Although I don't have a Poly yet, I've been following this thread with great interest. Regarding wifi dropouts, I observed something yesterday that might be of relevance to those who are reading this thread. When I work out at home on my elliptical, I typically listen to music stored locally as FLAC files on my Samsung S6 using the Poweramp app (which is great). Yesterday, since I was getting tired of my locally stored music, I decided to use the Android Roon app to connect to my Roon core in order to access some locally stored albums in my Roon library (i.e. not Tidal). My Roon core is a Win7 system that has a hardwired connection to my router (a top-end Asus model, connecting on the 2.4GHz band), and my Roon library is stored on a Drobo NAS also hardwire-connected to my Router. Playback from this system is flawless from the core itself, and also on my Bose Soundlink Air system on a different floor of the house (via Airplay wifi; stable connection -- never any dropouts).

Anyway, when I tried to play music from my Roon library wirelessly using my Samsung S6 as a Roon endpoint, I experienced frequent and intermittent wifi dropouts, which was quite aggravating. I eventually went back to Poweramp since the wifi dropouts were so bad. And this was while being on the same floor as the router in an adjoining room.

It made me think of this thread. Is it possible that some of the people experiencing dropouts and blaming it on the Poly may in fact be having a problem instead with Roon itself, especially when using a mobile phone as an endpoint? It would be relatively easy to test this by removing Poly from the chain and seeing if the dropouts still occur.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #6,890 of 18,821
Hi all,

Although I don't have a Poly yet, I've been following this thread with great interest. Regarding wifi dropouts, I observed something yesterday that might be of relevance to those who are reading this thread. When I work out at home on my elliptical, I typically listen to music stored locally as FLAC files on my Samsung S6 using the Poweramp app (which is great). Yesterday, since I was getting tired of my locally stored music, I decided to use the Android Roon app to connect to my Roon core in order to access some locally stored albums in my Roon library (i.e. not Tidal). My Roon core is a Win7 system that has a hardwired connection to my router (a top-end Asus model, connecting on the 2.4GHz band), and my Roon library is stored on a Drobo NAS also hardwire-connected to my Router. Playback from this system is flawless from the core itself, and also on my Bose Soundlink Air system (via Airplay wifi; stable connection -- never any dropouts).

Anyway, when I tried to play music from my Roon library wirelessly using my Samsung S6 as a Roon endpoint, I experienced frequent and intermittent wifi dropouts, which was quite aggravating. I eventually went back to Poweramp since the wifi dropouts were so bad. And this was while being on the same floor as the router in an adjoining room.

It made me think of this thread. Is it possible that some of the people experiencing dropouts and blaming it on the Poly may in fact be having a problem instead with Roon itself, especially when using a mobile phone as an endpoint? It would be relatively easy to test this by removing Poly from the chain and seeing if the dropouts still occur.

I experience cut outs/connection cuts without using roon, on different networks with different dlna/mpd apps on differentt devices ,
Maybe a new firmware will help

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #6,891 of 18,821

I'm not sure I understand. The ZX300 can be used as a USB-DAC for streaming. That's kind of just like the Mojo. Poly holds the promise of allowing us to cut the cord from streamer to player.

I'm still hoping that Mojo/Poly will get sorted out but if it doesn't a ZX300 is in my future. Yesterday I was working around the house an wanted some music so I plugged my Audeze iSIne LXs into the cipher cable and thence to man iPhone 6s+ using OnkyoHD player. Turned it on, put it in my pocket and enjoyed excellent background entertainment. There are lots of ways to skin this cat.

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #6,892 of 18,821
I'm not sure I understand. The ZX300 can be used as a USB-DAC for streaming. That's kind of just like the Mojo. Poly holds the promise of allowing us to cut the cord from streamer to player.

I'm still hoping that Mojo/Poly will get sorted out but if it doesn't a ZX300 is in my future. Yesterday I was working around the house an wanted some music so I plugged my Audeze iSIne LXs into the cipher cable and thence to man iPhone 6s+ using OnkyoHD player. Turned it on, put it in my pocket and enjoyed excellent background entertainment. There are lots of ways to skin this cat.
Ahh by streaming I meant via WiFi. Yes I realise its a USB-DAC. Sorry, should have been clearer!

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #6,893 of 18,821
Poly’s problems will be solved sooner rather than later and everyone will be whole again.

We know chord are doing their best to replace faulty polys, those with power problems, and we know they are a ball hair away from having the ios version released and the droid version is only a few weeks behind that.

Its now in apples court, and now we are dealing with an anally retentive company, one who obsesses over fonts and who are trying to kill the 3.5mm jack.
That should tell you all that you need to know about apple.

Chord are now at their mercy regarding gofigures ios release date, once its released by apple it will probably only/hopefully be a few days later before the droid version gets released.

It will soon be old news and poly owners will quickly forget about the release glitches and this thread will either die or start a new happier chapter.

If I really thought chord was messing us all about, I would not of went and bought a hugo 2.

I know its been said before, but good things really do come to those who wait.

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #6,894 of 18,821
Agreed. I had just bought a Mojo in October to use with my Andromeda on the go. A lot of the reason I decided on the Mojo was because I planned on adding a Poly as well.

Nope, not after all this. Going to sell the Mojo and go with a tried and true DAP, probably ZX2.

Chord seem to be blaming Apple but the fault lies 100 percent with Chord for delay after delay.
They deserve all the criticism because they launched a product too early and sold a lot on false promises.
I cannot be the only one who has gone from an admirer of Chord to someone who wouldnt buy a Chord product again. I just don't believe in them anymore.

I have yet to see Chord actually blame Apple for everything. They have simply stated that GoFigure is delayed once again due to Apples approval process. There is no disputing the fact that Apple has a long and tough app approval program. This has been known for years. I should also know as I have worked for Apple before. When an App interfaces with networking technology and a physical product it will get more attention from Apple. I have no issue with your being upset about the experience so far. Its hasn't gone perfectly I know that. But please lets not speculate or throw conjecture out there against some very nice people trying to make a very cool product that many of you currently own.
Seriously come on dude. They stated over 3 months ago they already submitted the app to apple. my son develops apps for iOS and know very well the process.

I only give you information based on what I know and my personal experience working for Apple, Auralic and with NAIM. I am sorry if you felt I was trying to mislead you. I am not.

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #6,895 of 18,821
They have simply stated that GoFigure is delayed once again due to Apples approval process.

Thanks. Just to clarify- how is GoFigure ‘once again’ delayed by Apple?

Apparently Chord pulled the original app submission due to firmware issues, so how were Apple to blame then?

I just think this is still being misleading.

Also, for the last couple of years App Store approval times have been:

Within 24 hours: 50% of submissions
Within 48 hours: 90% of submissions

Approval times were long early on but this just isn’t the fact anymore.

Again, it’s pretty misleading to state that App Store approval times are ‘long’.

App approval times based on submissions in the last 14 days:
http://appreviewtimes.com/

Here you can see (based on actual data) approval times have been 2 days over the last couple of weeks.

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #6,897 of 18,821
If you look at the pictures and job descriptions of Chord’s team you can see that they do not seem to employ anyone with any responsibility for or competence in software design, development or testing. They are evidently not strong in this area. You need to be realistic about what you can expect from them.

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/our-team/

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #6,898 of 18,821
Has anyone experimented with any of the following:

* MPDroids tasker plugin. or other "automated" control approaches for MPD? I'd be interested in some auto play functionality when poly is first booted, maybe if the phone's hotspot mode is on then send a play command to mpdroid 30 seconds later? Many MPD implementations seem to also have a web control API too (e.g. 192.168.2.999/control?play), I wonder if anyone's tried sniffing these endpoints? I plan to try at some point...
* Expanding Poly's microSD slot to a full SD, using something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-SD...533754?hash=item1a43604aba:g:1ngAAOSwsYpaP7ub - would it fit inside the case? I guess the bit coming out of the microsd slot would look weird but can anyone confirm?
* A way of carrying poly that is not just in a pocket. The UK's 3 weeks of summer is only 4 months away and for those 3 weeks I wont have a jacket pocket to carry mojopoloy in... 1st world problems

For those using Android, I can thoroughly recommend a smart watch for control. I recently bought a skagen watch, it's a brilliant way to control Poly's playback on the go!

I'd sincerely appreciate only replies relating to these subjects rather than comments about poly not working. I understand and sympathise with any people struggling, but ideally this post wouldn't be a catalyst for yet more of those kinds of posts...

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #6,900 of 18,821
* A way of carrying poly that is not just in a pocket. The UK's 3 weeks of summer is only 4 months away and for those 3 weeks I wont have a jacket pocket to carry mojopoloy in...
A bag like this is just big enough for either:
  • a Hugo 2
  • Mojo + iems + shanling M1
so I suspect that you could get a mojo + poly in there, but it would be wise to measure first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back