1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468
Next

Last
  1. fordski
    I believe there was another post later that said they removed the app from the Apple approval process as they wanted to complete the firmware updates and then resubmit the app for approval.

2. fordski
    Darn, with all the activity on the thread today I thought for sure the GoFigure app had been released.

3. keithmarsh
    The thing that I find hard to understand is that the 'Hardware Compatibility' section of the Apple App Store Review Guidelines refers to Apple hardware - not 3rd party devices.

My company has designed and built many iOS apps that work in conjunction with other devices (like set-top boxes, smart watches, children’s toys etc) and we (or even our clients) have never had a request to hand the hardware over to Apple.

Usually you will build a test mode that simulates the hardware - this allows the Apple review team to check that the software follows the guidelines. You can also provide a video demonstrating the interaction with the hardware.

It's a different story it you have a device that needs to be MFi certified. You are then required to hand over the device.

On the Mojo forum (I think) Chord actually state that the reason you need a CCK to use Mojo is so that they don't have to hand over a Mojo to apple for certification (and reveal their algorithms).

I'm not saying that Apple wouldn't have asked for the device. I just think it's very unusual if they have considering it's not an 'Apple Certified' device.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    FictionMan likes this.
  4. Amberlamps

Everybody loves a freebie, including apple employee’s it seems.

5. miketlse
    One probably important differentiator, is that Rob Watts is not a Chord employee, and he retains the IPR to the DAC code.
    Chord cannot hand over their DAC designs to Apple for fear that they will decrypt the DAC code, and release their own version of Mojo etc.

In contrast, Poly is not a DAC, and Rob Watts is not responsible for the code, so Chord are free to physically hand over a Poly for Apple to test, even if it may seem a bit unusual.

fordski likes this.
  6. Mightygrey
    This should have been project managed well before the Poly's premature release. This process with Chord/Poly has turned out to be a pain...and I'm an Android user, so not overly optimistic about development on that front...

headmanPL and NaiveSound like this.
  7. StevieDvd
    Apple with have a job using the Poly if they don't have a Mojo to connect it to. :)

I'm more worried that the Apple legal team are studying the pin to see if it infringes any Apple design.

8. miketlse
    Especially if they suspect that it was sourced from Samsung.

9. cheznous
    Chord seem to be blaming Apple but the fault lies 100 percent with Chord for delay after delay.
    They deserve all the criticism because they launched a product too early and sold a lot on false promises.
    I cannot be the only one who has gone from an admirer of Chord to someone who wouldnt buy a Chord product again. I just don't believe in them anymore.

FictionMan and dontfeedphils like this.
  10. dontfeedphils
    Agreed. I had just bought a Mojo in October to use with my Andromeda on the go. A lot of the reason I decided on the Mojo was because I planned on adding a Poly as well.

Nope, not after all this. Going to sell the Mojo and go with a tried and true DAP, probably ZX2.

11. ubs28
    Be happy that Apple does some quality control :p

And ofcourse Apple would need the Poly to see if the App works like advertised and doesn't crash or has too many bugs.

12. AudioBear
    I know absolutely zero about getting an app certified and not that much more about electronics and networking but, as long as we are speculating, let me ask those of you who have submitted apps to Apple whether 1) Apple could have concerns about security. Poly allow users to login without passwords and it can log-on to networks with a password -- could there be security concerns with how this is done? and 2) because Poly is controlled by iOS devices is it possible Apple wants to find out if iOS and Poly play nice together and fix iOS if they have glitches? It wouldn't surprise me if some of Poly's problems like being dropped or noise are due to iOS operations. Maybe one of the Apple app approvals people has a Mojo and has been reading this forum. Just asking.

13. styks
    I thought I read in a recent post there was someone on here beta testing?

14. AudioBear
    @BluebirdCRM said that a while back and more recently he reported what GoFigure is like a few pages back, I should add that John Franks said Chord was using beta testers for the app several weeks ago--maybe around the time of the 1.0.6 firmware update or one of those.

15. styks
    With my very limited knowledge I did think about security also. I did wonder if the chap next door could access poly while it's in hotspot mode and pinch my music or even access my system? Is that possible?

First

Back
448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468
Next

Last