1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474
Next

Last
  1. Peter Hyatt

I did not realize, with your incessant posting , that you were not an actual poly customer.

Thanks for stating it plainly.

It makes things so much clearer.

Peter.

2. dontfeedphils
    Oh Peter, you're welcome! = )

Hope you have a great day!

NaiveSound and keithmarsh like this.
  3. Priaptor
    Now that the proverbial horses are out of the barn, my take is those of us who own the MojoPoly will have to learn to deal with reality instead of “promises” as we now finally know.

Personally I will live with it until some other product comes out that does what I want as the MojoPoly falls short, no matter how good it sounds when “working”.

It sucks but I’m fed up with all of this and will find work around to the best of my ability. Someone once turned me on to the following:

ECONOMIC HAPPINESS=(REALITY/EXPECTATIONS)

No matter how much it sucks it’s time to apply the same to MojoPoly and reduce our expectations no matter what was promised.

4. TokenGesture
    Oh well there is always Glider which (beta 8) is now working pretty consistently

5. NaiveSound
    I would of liked Bluetooth control or SD card so to save battery on wifi/Hotspot modes..

As my poly always dies before mojo

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Amberlamps likes this.
  6. beemarman
    I love my poly (when it works) the sound is probably the best I've heard from my current headp
    That's the problem. Glider even in beta doesn't always work for me.

Using iphone x, when I pause the music and then come back 10 minutes later I have to reset everything as glider refuses to reconnect to poly for some reason. Also I still get dropouts when using Glider.

Only thing that has worked for me in the past is Tidal, but even that is giving me problems now.

7. TokenGesture
    Sorry to hear that. I do get problems still but much more stable these days
    Make sure to message Joe at Glider he is super responsive and genuinely wants to get this thing singing

8. tomi1976
    Hi there,
    I have been following this thread for about twenty pages, I think I might need some advice.

My idea in buying the mojo and poly was, I get a pretty decent DAC/amp and with adding the Poly, I upgrade it to a fully funtional DAP with supreme audio quality.

Now, it was not ment to work like a AK, there is no display, it was always a usage intended like using a mobile phone to browse through archives and actual playback funtionality.

My trouble with the Poly was the setup and losing configuration and in the short amount of time (mid to end november) using it pushing the reset pin, it actually broke.

My question is: if the app is out, will it be possible to enjoy the mojo/poly, playback with third party apps, switching of modes, to roon usage, streaming, and playback from a sd card, even though the browsing will be done by third party apps.
    And in a reliable way.

What is the main problem of the app not providing full sd card control, if I can do that with another app using hotspot mode? Is battery usage that much worse? Is it drop outs? Is it other expectations and built up frustration?

I have been that much disappointed, I have unopened and unregistered poly and mojo lying around I dont want to open before I get the feeling if I can use it as a DAP, at home aswell as if outside.
    If that will be the case, and may it not be by full sd card control by the gofigure ap, but some other way, thats fine.
    If I will keep not knowing whether the devices will work or not or for how long, I will have to ask for assistence how I can return and get refunded and if thats not possible, I got a mojo/poly, brand new, for sale.

Cheers,
    Tomi

9. NaiveSound
    To me it's that Bluetooth won't control sd card. With any app

10. Gr8h8m
    Hi Tomi - for me it's a matter of battery efficiency for both Poly and my phone. Using WiFi merely to cue up and play files stored on the Poly's own SD is massively inefficient and a huge battery drain.

NaiveSound and SteveOliver like this.
  11. ubs28
    See, you did promise Bluetooth control would be included with the Gofigure App.

FictionMan likes this.
  12. ubs28
    Again you confirm that the Gofigure app would allow to control the SD cards in situation in a plane for example.

Where did you say you could use the Poly in a limited way threw playlist only? :p

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    FictionMan likes this.
  13. ubs28
    We can use Bluetooth control with the Gofigure App? :p

14. ubs28
    Ok, I will stop now digging up some old history since I don't care anymore as for flights I'm happy with the Bose QC35 II so far. So I don't think I will use the Poly on flights anymore (not that my Poly works since it doesn't power on most of the time)

15. FictionMan
    @Matt Bartlett and @Mojo ideas

Nice when all else fails blame your customers.

Also it has been about 9 business days since I’ve heard any more about my replacement Poly from Tom.

First

Back
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474
Next

Last