1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464
466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475
Next

Last
  1. tomi1976
    Oh and one further question: In some post I read about a serial number suggesting, some part of the production of polys is prone to power problems, drop outs, not charging, that sort.
    My serial starts with P0208
    Is that bad? Will I need yet another replacement?
    Thank you and cheers
    Tomi

2. NaiveSound
    I definetly have a power problem with my poly as it dies before my mojo, always.

But chord doesn't release the serial numbers affected

3. Mojo ideas
    Of course Polys SD can be controlled through your WiFi or its own WiFi hot spot or your phones Hot spot or with Chord’s GoFigure configuration App via Bluetooth BLE control of set up playlists on your SD within Poly but note the Bluetooth control is limited because of the slow nature of BLE if you have been confused by the the last few pages of comments please contact info@chordelectronics.co.uk to arrange help in fixing your unit and helping you with advice.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Peter Hyatt likes this.
  4. mmwwmm
    So at the end we’ll need to use wifi instead bluetooth to have full SD playback control?? Frankly i fell just cheated by Chord.

ubs28 likes this.
  5. Priaptor
    Is there anything stopping you?

The content and happy thread maybe a little empty and slow but go ahead.

6. ubs28
    Yes, we are cheated. When you think it cannot get worse, they will proof you wrong :p

But honestly, I was kinda expecting a stunt like this. Hence why I was worried about the Gofigure app they were developing in secret without any of us having a look.

7. supervisor
    yes it will be me and @Peter Hyatt and the other POLYFANS

TKpurple likes this.
  8. StevieDvd
    Please explain the totally secure hotspot comment, can we now lock down the wifi hotspot with a password? And for those who forget it can we reset Poly or is the reset done via the unsecure Bluetooth app?

ZappaMan likes this.
  9. ZappaMan
    Just trying to make a helpful suggestion... maybe chord could tweak the poly so that third party developers could write the software.

To be honest, I know very little about programming with Bluetooth, so I’ve no idea what the particular challenges are.

Whippler likes this.
  10. ZappaMan
    When people talk about full sd support - what are you actually asking for ?

Vs what are chord providing ?

What’s bits are missing ?

What existing app cover those missing parts?

No point in chord reproducing working functionality that’s already available via other apps - for the cost of £5 from the App Store?

We can be pragmatic can’t we? Probably - as is usual - I don’t understand the full picture

TKpurple likes this.
  11. LeeMark
    I have been following the thread and the anger over the potential lack of ability to control the SD card by bluetooth. I have been using my iPhone as a hotspot to use Poly and control the SD card, and like this because in general bluetooth quality is lower than the Wifi. I have had minimal issues with Poly and Glider except for the need to plug in the charger to kickstart Poly, which I have heard is fixed in the newer versions (I am in the queue to get my replacement).

Thank being said, I have two questions which may beanie so please tell me if I am wrong

1. Isn't the quality of the sound streaming by Bluetooth worse than the quality using wifi?
    2. What DAPS allow control by bluetooth of the music on the DAP and on an SD card in the DAP? I would think that would be the type of DAP most of these other people want.

I love the sound of Poly/Mojo so i, it is better than any portable DAC I have ever had. What saddens me is that until Poly came out (likely a little prematurely) I never heard a word of criticism of Chord. I bet they regret their rollout of Poly as much as we do and if they had to do it over again, they would have waited.

My 2 cents.

NYanakiev likes this.
  12. Whippler
    Library data isn't going to be much, 227bytes per song for extended id3 tags and ofc it should ignore cover art since that is going to be bit big over bluetooth. But 5000 songs ends up being about 1.2MB.. that isn't too bad...

NaiveSound likes this.
  13. Muzslya

And which side are you on?

RobinTim likes this.
  14. audionewbi
    The dropouts is really making having internal SD card storage pointless. I haven’t finished listening to one song without drop out.

I can’t seem to upgrade the firmware either.

But I do like the idea of poly, once the current issues are fixed i will certainly review mine.

Would love to see royalty offers from chord for the Hugo 2 and 2Go. I love my chord Hugo, mojo is perhaps bit of a love hate.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  15. supervisor
    someone who can no longer take the incessant whining... I have ZERO issues with my Poly (at home w/ Roon, commuting to work w/ iPhone mobile hotspot via Tidal or Glider SD card, at work w/ Audirvana) except for the power-on issue, and I have a replacement on the way.

this thread is good for keeping up with the updates etc., but seriously the parade of complainers has become untenable.

Rscotth, McCol, headmanPL and 3 others like this.
First

Back
455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464
466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475
Next

Last