Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #6,826 of 18,774
I just pulled the trigger on Hugo 2, I hope it is as good as they say.

It will be used mainly as a static system and mojo for ugh, whatever.

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #6,828 of 18,774
I've not read about Spotify integration in a while. Apologies if I've missed it. It's in the manual as a thing that the unit should have. Any updates please, Chord? At the moment, when I want to do a try-before-I-buy on an album (which generally what I use Spotify for), I just hoik my headphones out my Mojopoly and pop them straight into my laptop. First-world problems, I know, but it's not why I've got a grand's worth of DAC sat on my desk. Thanks!

[EDIT: good lord, music piped straight out my laptop sounds awful. So that's why I've got a grand's worth of DAC sat on my desk! Like others in this thread – lusting after a Hugo 2 at the moment. But waiting until I've got funds for that and a pair of Focal Clears all at once.]

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #6,829 of 18,774
I am a new Poly owner and my experience has been okay thus far. Working well on home WiFi, no success setting up a personal hotspot for travel. Question - loaded SD card with a couple hundred GB of music and installed in Poly. Gilder recognized and synced with Poly. None of my HD tracks files show in Glider. I also frequently see a timed out response. Suggestions?

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #6,830 of 18,774
I am a new Poly owner and my experience has been okay thus far. Working well on home WiFi, no success setting up a personal hotspot for travel. Question - loaded SD card with a couple hundred GB of music and installed in Poly. Gilder recognized and synced with Poly. None of my HD tracks files show in Glider. I also frequently see a timed out response. Suggestions?

First check: you've got your SD card formatted correctly? Needs to be ExFAT I think (first time I tried it, it didn't work, for precisely that reason – daily driver is a Mac, which half-explains it).

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #6,832 of 18,774
Check if HD tracks did not landed in the unknown folder in Glider. Contact Joe28 from Glider - he is very responsive and helps with the issues. Also check if you run latest Poly firmware (ends with 1.0.17).

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #6,833 of 18,774
You spoke of going violent for a minor prodigy delay that is not life survival. You then wrote you couldn’t hold back. How about some perspective such as life ruining events to make you see how a product not lining up to your expectations is not worth losing control. As a fellow human being, I dare.

You condemn me for speaking my mind, by speaking your mind yet tell me what I can or can’t post?

I think a little self awareness might help. In spite of what a generation says, we are not entitled to electronics product.

Next, beyond your taunts and insults are real people. Chord is a company of humans who cannot help but be impacted by the incessant insults (sometimes personal) hurled at them.

We are privileged to have its CEO and engineer post here. I don’t want to lose it.

Take a deep breath, don’t break anything and consider not railing on them. It doesn’t make GO Figure happen any faster.

For your own sake, find a healthy outlet for your anger that doesn’t negatively impact others.

We are all waiting for Poly fix.

Peter

Ive not had a go at you ever, ive not insulted you or Chord, admittedly i may have had a laugh at your expense but that's hardly having a go is it? I take issue with you talking about CANCER and WAR when talking about a guys getting annoyed with Chord. I didn't mention violence you did. You should think when you type, what the hell has CANCER and WAR got to do with these discussions. I've know men like you, man up and apologise. ..... You can post and think what you like, of course you can, but keep words like that out of your comments! .... You insult and hurt people who've had first hand experience of Caner and War, Ive seen War and the oppressed and done my bit to help them, have you? ....... I'll reply no more, so write as you will but if you start behaving and commenting like that again, just because you get angry I'll report it. Have some respect, Its inappropriate and wrong, and you know it, which is why you reply so agressively.
As I said reply as you will, I'm done with you, NOT Chord, just you!

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #6,835 of 18,774
I've not read about Spotify integration in a while. Apologies if I've missed it. It's in the manual as a thing that the unit should have. Any updates please, Chord? At the moment, when I want to do a try-before-I-buy on an album (which generally what I use Spotify for), I just hoik my headphones out my Mojopoly and pop them straight into my laptop. First-world problems, I know, but it's not why I've got a grand's worth of DAC sat on my desk. Thanks!

[EDIT: good lord, music piped straight out my laptop sounds awful. So that's why I've got a grand's worth of DAC sat on my desk! Like others in this thread – lusting after a Hugo 2 at the moment. But waiting until I've got funds for that and a pair of Focal Clears all at once.]
You can stream spotify to Mojopoly over wifi or using telephone hot spot mode over Airplay using spotify app. It works flawlessly for me (the most stable connection and no issues with finding mojopoly as rendered in airplay). Spotify connect is in the manual and should be probably incorporated in the Gofigure app at some stage but I do not remember it being mentioned recently as part of the Gofigure app upcoming ability.

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #6,836 of 18,774
Interesting. I don’t really agree with that philosophy as a company should be able to support their own hardware better than a 3rd party developer. So far, I like the app from Astell & Kern the most and they never even taken a look at the Poly. Imagine what a company like Astell & Kern could have produced in terms of app if they made an app 100% dedicated to the Poly + Mojo.

But maybe I’m expecting too much from Chord.

I believe Chord has been open from the start about 3rd Party development. If you wanted an app from Chord built from the ground up the price of Poly would be higher. Software development isn't cheap. UPnP/DLNA is designed
So even Firefox has essentially provided you with a GoCheckGoFigureApp app.

Something tells me Apple wouldn't care about this. Apple likely don't even know what a "Poly" is. Does Apple go to the Fart App devs and tell them "make sure it really sounds like a fart"? If this were the case there would be ZERO negative reviews in the App Store because Apple makes sure everything is 100%.

This is how Apple works. They approve every app and sometimes require more testing when networked hardware is involved. I know this as I have worked with other companies like Auralic and Naim who have built UPnP/DLNA products with apps.. They have had to go through the same process and everytime there is a redesign of the app they have to go through the process again.. This is normal behavior from Apple with these kinds of App's. Flatulence App's may be treated differently.

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #6,837 of 18,774
I think it would be wise of Chord to open up GoFigure to a beta. Not necessarily me but some of the more savvy user here. Jeremy L.( sp) comes to mind along with some others here. Things that might be caught by Apple (if that is indeed where the app is) would be caught, and we could FINALLY GET THE FREAKING THING. They could PM the candidate and do a NDA and use the legion of invested people they have.

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #6,838 of 18,774
If they're now rowing back on previously promised full bluetooth SD card playback control then I'll be seriously considering returning the lot as its the one usage method I need. What's the point of being able to configure it without WiFi if you'll have to be always connected to WiFi to use it at all? While playlists can be useful I also don't understand how Bluetooth could be implemented for crappy compressed playback but SD file browsing would be "too much"? The thought of making up and browsing however many playlists to cover every different album on a 128Gb SD card doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

Hello. There are two different kinds of Bluetooth one is what we have all been using to playback audio with. The other is called BLE. This is what GoFigure is using not the crappy bluetooth you are describing. Also Chord I don't think has ever described GoFigure as a full playback application. From my point of view they have always described its has limited playback capability which is why we focused on other apps like 8Player, Glider, Bubble etc.... The point of GoFigure is to allow you to change the configuration of Poly very easily and without the Sim Card Tool. Its very nice to be able to switch back and forth between Roon and Other Modes or Hotspot to WiFi mode or to just hop into it and tap a playlist. Really it changes the experience quite a bit for me.

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #6,839 of 18,774
Hello. There are two different kinds of Bluetooth one is what we have all been using to playback audio with. The other is called BLE. This is what GoFigure is using not the crappy bluetooth you are describing. Also Chord I don't think has ever described GoFigure as a full playback application. From my point of view they have always described its has limited playback capability which is why we focused on other apps like 8Player, Glider, Bubble etc.... The point of GoFigure is to allow you to change the configuration of Poly very easily and without the Sim Card Tool. Its very nice to be able to switch back and forth between Roon and Other Modes or Hotspot to WiFi mode or to just hop into it and tap a playlist. Really it changes the experience quite a bit for me.

As far back as I can recall they've touted "GoFigure" as having SD playback control. Another broken promise it seems. Now I'm really not going to be an owner of a Poly. Time to start looking into nice DAPs, sell off this Mojo.

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #6,840 of 18,774
I think it would be wise of Chord to open up GoFigure to a beta. Not necessarily me but some of the more savvy user here. Jeremy L.( sp) comes to mind along with some others here. Things that might be caught by Apple (if that is indeed where the app is) would be caught, and we could FINALLY GET THE FREAKING THING. They could PM the candidate and do a NDA and use the legion of invested people they have.
They did make an offer but it has not been realised here, the first we have heard of it is from @BluebirdCRM who is a dealer/distributor of Chord I believe. Some of us here are in the software industry and have been testing for years so a beta would not faze us. Though I do tend to find a lot of defects which might delay the app so I'll hold back and submit the when it's officially released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back