1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453
455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464
Next

Last
  1. BluebirdCRM
    Ah I see your point. It has been mentioned earlier that the Android development of GoFigure is 6 weeks behind the iOS version. I haven't gotten an update on this lately but I assume this is still the case.

2. headmanPL
    You should have included a spoiler alert before that post :ksc75smile:

SteveOliver, Gr8h8m and NaiveSound like this.
  3. NaiveSound
    Vegas odds would favor that

Gr8h8m likes this.
  4. ubs28
    This is exactly my biggest concern that I have about this Chord app they are working on in silence. I have no clue what they are working on and in theory they can deliver something like this.

I will return my Poly if the app is going to be like that as I don't think I should rely on 3rd party apps like Glider & AK connect to use this $1000+ device. The people at Astell & Kern must be laughing if this will be the case.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    NaiveSound likes this.
  5. NaiveSound
    Same here , but first I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks,because Android app...

6. jarnopp
    Chord has always said they had intended Poly to operate via 3rd party apps, as app development is not their core competency and would provide greater flexibility and choice. Witness what @joe28 has done with Glider! If the Chord app just looks like the Poly login screen and can perform those functions (Roon, network, hotspot, etc.) without the pin, I will be happy. SD card control would be nice, but I wouldn't expect artwork and fancy sorting, etc., so why wouldn't a 3rd party app be better anyway? And, we've all got them. Your $1000 phone doesn't work as well without them, either.

Edit: And the Android version can do the same thing. :beerchug:

7. BluebirdCRM
    Hello

I have been using the GoFigure beta app. Micr
    Ok it looks a little different than that. I have been testing the GoFigure app for them. Here are a few things that it does.

-You have the capability to control everything that you can already do on the Config Page but with a nice interface.
    -There is a setup wizard
    -You can see info on the Poly such as Serial Number/IP Address/Firmware Version, SD Card free space etc....
    -You can see Battery status, Charge status, If in Hotspot Mode or WiFi Mode.
    -Also there is a spot where you can play MPD playlists. So if you have made Playlists in MPDeluxe or M.A.L.P you can see them and play them in GoFigure. This is great if you just want to jump in a play something quick. Full folder browsing is probably too much for the low energy bluetooth technology that GoFigure and Poly are using to handle.

But the best part of GoFigure is the ability to configure the Poly with out the need for WiFi. GoFigure and Poly talk to each-other using a low energy type of Bluetooth called BLE. This is similar to Near Field Communications. When GoFigure is launched it turns on BLE on your Mobile device. When GoFigure is near Poly they will see each other. This negates the need for the Sim Card Tool and allows interaction with Poly no matter what your WiFi situation might be.

8. ubs28
    Interesting. I don’t really agree with that philosophy as a company should be able to support their own hardware better than a 3rd party developer. So far, I like the app from Astell & Kern the most and they never even taken a look at the Poly. Imagine what a company like Astell & Kern could have produced in terms of app if they made an app 100% dedicated to the Poly + Mojo.

But maybe I’m expecting too much from Chord.

innocentblood and NaiveSound like this.
  9. NaiveSound

All those are really really good and awesome

I sure wish we could control sd playback via Bluetooth.

I'd love to Guinea pig a beta APK and provide feedback

10. Amberlamps
    Too funny, imagine if that was it and apple rejected it, coder shamed...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  11. maxh22
    Do you think we could see some screenshots? They say a picture tells a thousand words:grin:

NaiveSound likes this.
  12. jarnopp
    Maybe. A&K is owned by iRiver, which (guessing here) is a much bigger company than Chord. I like the A&K app, also, but don't know what it took to develop, resource-wise.

13. Signal2Noise
    You're not happy just guinea pigging Poly like the rest of us? :)

Amberlamps and NaiveSound like this.
  14. styks
    I made a comment earlier controlling myself, but I've been lying here getting more annoyed by the minute.
    How dare you Peter, mention cancer and war in an angry reply like that! I've lost friends in war and been injured badly myself, also my mother had cancer! .... And you say don't whine as if I, or anyone for that matter, hasn't experienced enough hardship in life to know the difference between real pain and whining over a product thats irritating folks, to put it mildy. And, you don't know violence until you've been up real close to it! .... If you have then you should know better. If you were a squady in my squad and spoke in such a manner you wouldn't have been on report, I'd have decked you! ..... HOW DARE YOU! .... If you can't reply with consideration or thought, even if you are angry, then keep your damn fingers off the keyboard.

Sorry to the rest of you guys for blowing off, I couldn't hold that in.

15. Amberlamps
    I am sitting here, no I shall rephrase that, I am lying in bed listening to Eric Clapton unplugged and looking at the net.

I keep going back to certain websites and looking at Hugo 2, ok I know their is dissent among the ranks regarding Poly, but this isnt about poly, well it is, but in a superficial way.

Poly’s problem will in no way shape or form interfere with my decision on whether to buy one or not.

As mentioned I am thinking about buying Hugo 2, but my quandry is, do I buy it in silver or black?

You may think thats an easy question, but I hear their is a poly like addon for hugo 2, what colour will that be ? It would be annoying to buy Hugo2 in silver to find the addon only comes in black or vice versa.

So my question is, what colour will it be or will it be released in both silver and black so owners of hugo2 will be able to get a matching colour to their hugo ?

It would be nice to know before I make a decision, mainly so I can either get an all silver hugo/poly like streamer or an all black one.

I just like things to match each other, no harm in that.

First

Back
444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453
455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464
Next

Last