Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #6,841 of 18,815
Chord is doing some serious damage to their otherwise stellar reputation. They better start doing some damage control before this spirals out of control instead of passing the buck to apple.

I have been through his process before with other HiFi companies. They are not passing the buck I can assure you. This is process with Apple can be a pain.

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #6,843 of 18,815
You can stream spotify to Mojopoly over wifi or using telephone hot spot mode over Airplay using spotify app.

Ah, I don't think I'd twigged this, thank you; I'd just been sat there waiting for Mojopoly to become an end point in Spotify.

But I'm having a little difficulty parsing the sentence – are you saying to use Airplay in both use cases? So with my general Spotify use case (sat at desk wanting to get Spotify from computer to Mojopoly), I'd break out my mighty Configuration Pin, switch Mojopoly from Roon mode to 'Other', and then Airplay from my computer to Mojopoly?

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #6,844 of 18,815
I have been through his process before with other HiFi companies. They are not passing the buck I can assure you. This is process with Apple can be a pain.

Chord posted this on the 14th November:

"The app is in with Apple for approval we will advise."

This was 12 weeks ago!

If they are not passing the buck then why would they have posted this misleading information?

If the app was submitted 12 weeks ago then why Apple have not had asked for the unit then?

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #6,845 of 18,815
Hello. There are two different kinds of Bluetooth one is what we have all been using to playback audio with. The other is called BLE. This is what GoFigure is using not the crappy bluetooth you are describing. Also Chord I don't think has ever described GoFigure as a full playback application. From my point of view they have always described its has limited playback capability which is why we focused on other apps like 8Player, Glider, Bubble etc.... The point of GoFigure is to allow you to change the configuration of Poly very easily and without the Sim Card Tool. Its very nice to be able to switch back and forth between Roon and Other Modes or Hotspot to WiFi mode or to just hop into it and tap a playlist. Really it changes the experience quite a bit for me.
Oh come on, full bluetooth SD card control without WiFi has been trailed on this very thread :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #6,846 of 18,815
Ah, I don't think I'd twigged this, thank you; I'd just been sat there waiting for Mojopoly to become an end point in Spotify.

But I'm having a little difficulty parsing the sentence – are you saying to use Airplay in both use cases? So with my general Spotify use case (sat at desk wanting to get Spotify from computer to Mojopoly), I'd break out my mighty Configuration Pin, switch Mojopoly from Roon mode to 'Other', and then Airplay from my computer to Mojopoly?
I use spotify app which I have in my Iphone. I did not tried it with the computer. But it should work if both computer and mojopoly will be on the same wifi network. Then mojopoly should be visible as seperate rendered in the spotify app on the computer. i can check at home for you later today.

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #6,847 of 18,815
And the User manual I read online and the one in the box in November says:

A free app to configure your Poly is available for iOS and Android devices. GoFigure allows you to configure your networks, change playback modes, and more.

But we all know that's not true :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #6,848 of 18,815
Chord posted this on the 14th November:

"The app is in with Apple for approval we will advise."

This was 12 weeks ago!

If they are not passing the buck then why would they have posted this misleading information?

If the app was submitted 12 weeks ago then why Apple have not had asked for the unit then?
Also, android is known to be easier to get apps approveda but chord didn't bother yet

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #6,849 of 18,815
Oh come on, full bluetooth SD card control without WiFi has been trailed on this very thread :frowning2:

FYI here is Matt's earlier reply

Ok to clarify the app uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) to control playback of music stored on the SD card. It does not need WiFi.
I will find out who gave out the incorrect information tomorrow and give them more training.

We are working on the different use cases and fixing the problems that have been identified in the firmware before we release the app. Some of these fixes have meant changes to the app code as well hence the delay.

I hope that helps to clear this up.

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #6,850 of 18,815
Then mojopoly should be visible as seperate rendered in the spotify app on the computer. i can check at home for you later today.

I'm with you. On the iPhone app, it appears as a thing to Airplay to inside the Spotify app. And on the Mac, I can Airplay to Mojopoly from the 'Sound' bit of System Preferences. Airplay hadn't really figured in my Poly use so far, so thanks for the pointer (although I tend not to use the sodding SIM Pin unless I have to – I'm honestly at the point where if I have to go through several minutes of hassle just to listen to Spotify quick, then I won't bother).

[EDIT: example - just trying to put my Poly back into Roon mode, and the bloody thing seems to have died. P Status light was flashing crazy colours, now isn't displaying anything at all. It's a mess, it really is.]

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #6,852 of 18,815
. Also Chord I don't think has ever described GoFigure as a full playback application. From my point of view they have always described its has limited playback capability which is why we focused on other apps like 8Player, Glider, Bubble etc.....

Yes our app will be able to control playback of music stored on the SD card..

I bought the Poly thinking the GoFigure app would control SD playback through Bluetooth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back