Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #6,811 of 18,748
I am sitting here, no I shall rephrase that, I am lying in bed listening to Eric Clapton unplugged and looking at the net.

I keep going back to certain websites and looking at Hugo 2, ok I know their is dissent among the ranks regarding Poly, but this isnt about poly, well it is, but in a superficial way.

Poly’s problem will in no way shape or form interfere with my decision on whether to buy one or not.

As mentioned I am thinking about buying Hugo 2, but my quandry is, do I buy it in silver or black?

You may think thats an easy question, but I hear their is a poly like addon for hugo 2, what colour will that be ? It would be annoying to buy Hugo2 in silver to find the addon only comes in black or vice versa.
So my question is, what colour will it be or will it be released in both silver and black so owners of hugo2 will be able to get a matching colour to their hugo ?
It would be nice to know before I make a decision, mainly so I can either get an all silver hugo/poly like streamer or an all black one.
I just like things to match each other, no harm in that.

Prototypes where shown on Hugo2 thread with both Black and Silver colour. Its hard to imagine that only one colour would be supported with 2go. Both colours are the same despite the claims that black sounds bettter:)

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #6,812 of 18,748
I am sitting here, no I shall rephrase that, I am lying in bed listening to Eric Clapton unplugged and looking at the net.

I keep going back to certain websites and looking at Hugo 2, ok I know their is dissent among the ranks regarding Poly, but this isnt about poly, well it is, but in a superficial way.

Poly’s problem will in no way shape or form interfere with my decision on whether to buy one or not.

As mentioned I am thinking about buying Hugo 2, but my quandry is, do I buy it in silver or black?

You may think thats an easy question, but I hear their is a poly like addon for hugo 2, what colour will that be ? It would be annoying to buy Hugo2 in silver to find the addon only comes in black or vice versa.

So my question is, what colour will it be or will it be released in both silver and black so owners of hugo2 will be able to get a matching colour to their hugo ?

It would be nice to know before I make a decision, mainly so I can either get an all silver hugo/poly like streamer or an all black one.

I just like things to match each other, no harm in that.

My guess is it will be black, if the Hugo choice is black or silver though, it'd make sense to make either option available from the start, who knows for sure. .... Possibly a Chord rep will spill the beans and make that choice easy for you..

Feb 13, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #6,813 of 18,748
Hello

I have been using the GoFigure beta app. Micr

Ok it looks a little different than that. I have been testing the GoFigure app for them. Here are a few things that it does.

-You have the capability to control everything that you can already do on the Config Page but with a nice interface.
-There is a setup wizard
-You can see info on the Poly such as Serial Number/IP Address/Firmware Version, SD Card free space etc....
-You can see Battery status, Charge status, If in Hotspot Mode or WiFi Mode.
-Also there is a spot where you can play MPD playlists. So if you have made Playlists in MPDeluxe or M.A.L.P you can see them and play them in GoFigure. This is great if you just want to jump in a play something quick. Full folder browsing is probably too much for the low energy bluetooth technology that GoFigure and Poly are using to handle.

But the best part of GoFigure is the ability to configure the Poly with out the need for WiFi. GoFigure and Poly talk to each-other using a low energy type of Bluetooth called BLE. This is similar to Near Field Communications. When GoFigure is launched it turns on BLE on your Mobile device. When GoFigure is near Poly they will see each other. This negates the need for the Sim Card Tool and allows interaction with Poly no matter what your WiFi situation might be.
If they're now rowing back on previously promised full bluetooth SD card playback control then I'll be seriously considering returning the lot as its the one usage method I need. What's the point of being able to configure it without WiFi if you'll have to be always connected to WiFi to use it at all? While playlists can be useful I also don't understand how Bluetooth could be implemented for crappy compressed playback but SD file browsing would be "too much"? The thought of making up and browsing however many playlists to cover every different album on a 128Gb SD card doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

Feb 13, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #6,814 of 18,748
TKpurple, styks.

Thank you gentlemen for the info you provided.

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #6,815 of 18,748
If they're now rowing back on previously promised full bluetooth SD card playback control then I'll be seriously considering returning the lot as its the one usage method I need. What's the point of being able to configure it without WiFi if you'll have to be always connected to WiFi to use it at all? While playlists can be useful I also don't understand how Bluetooth could be implemented for crappy compressed playback but SD file browsing would be "too much"? The thought of making up and browsing however many playlists to cover every different album on a 128Gb SD card doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

The Apple Watch works this way too, no? BLE to connect to the iPhone and have functionality without having to be connected to WIFI...

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #6,816 of 18,748

I bought the Poly exactly for the same reason. Just SD playback controlled by Chord app as promised. If SD playback control from goFigure app is not supported then I’ll return my unit for sure.

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #6,817 of 18,748
The Apple Watch works this way too, no? BLE to connect to the iPhone and have functionality without having to be connected to WIFI...
I think that it may be different things to use Poly dedicated playlists straight from the Poly app level and manage SD card using third party apps via blutooth connection instead of wifi. Time will tell..

Feb 13, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #6,818 of 18,748
On Twitter yesterday I asked if GoFigure had been cancelled and the response came back (8 hours later) as:

upload_2018-2-13_11-13-59.png

I wonder if that prompted the official reply message! I don't use Facebook so can't say if that was a prior announcement or not.

And today a further tweet saying :

upload_2018-2-13_11-13-6.png

At least Apple will have a few spare config pins :)

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #6,819 of 18,748
The 'Fan' is seriously getting up to speed.

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #6,821 of 18,748
So now there isn't any Bluetooth SD card control? This poly thing is looking bleak by the day , maybe they just care about the hugo2 module only prob will cost 2k$, gofigure
Probably with 2 pins

Let’s wait until the official announcement, shall we?!

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #6,822 of 18,748
I made a comment earlier controlling myself, but I've been lying here getting more annoyed by the minute.
How dare you Peter, mention cancer and war in an angry reply like that! I've lost friends in war and been injured badly myself, also my mother had cancer! .... And you say don't whine as if I, or anyone for that matter, hasn't experienced enough hardship in life to know the difference between real pain and whining over a product thats irritating folks, to put it mildy. And, you don't know violence until you've been up real close to it! .... If you have then you should know better. If you were a squady in my squad and spoke in such a manner you wouldn't have been on report, I'd have decked you! ..... HOW DARE YOU! .... If you can't reply with consideration or thought, even if you are angry, then keep your damn fingers off the keyboard.

Sorry to the rest of you guys for blowing off, I couldn't hold that in.

You spoke of going violent for a minor prodigy delay that is not life survival. You then wrote you couldn’t hold back. How about some perspective such as life ruining events to make you see how a product not lining up to your expectations is not worth losing control. As a fellow human being, I dare.

You condemn me for speaking my mind, by speaking your mind yet tell me what I can or can’t post?

I think a little self awareness might help. In spite of what a generation says, we are not entitled to electronics product.

Next, beyond your taunts and insults are real people. Chord is a company of humans who cannot help but be impacted by the incessant insults (sometimes personal) hurled at them.

We are privileged to have its CEO and engineer post here. I don’t want to lose it.

Take a deep breath, don’t break anything and consider not railing on them. It doesn’t make GO Figure happen any faster.

For your own sake, find a healthy outlet for your anger that doesn’t negatively impact others.

We are all waiting for Poly fix.

Peter

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #6,823 of 18,748

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding you here, but it is absolutely possible to play music on Poly’s SD card while out and about with no WiFi. I use Poly’s hotspot and Glider and for the most part it works reasonably reliably. I can also maintain 4G on my iPhone at the same time.
Apologies if I missed your point.

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #6,824 of 18,748
I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding you here, but it is absolutely possible to play music on Poly’s SD card while out and about with no WiFi. I use Poly’s hotspot and Glider and for the most part it works reasonably reliably. I can also maintain 4G on my iPhone at the same time.
Apologies if I missed your point.
Hi Tony - sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I want to turn WiFi radios off on both my phone and Poly (just think of the battery saving!!) and just control playback of SD card content using Bluetooth. This should be eminently possible and indeed had been confirmed as a forthcoming feature of GoFigure. As it stands its a woefully inefficient use of power to have WiFi on just to send MPD control commands.

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #6,825 of 18,748
Hi Tony - sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I want to turn WiFi radios off on both my phone and Poly (just think of the battery saving!!) and just control playback of SD card content using Bluetooth. This should be eminently possible and indeed had been confirmed as a forthcoming feature of GoFigure. As it stands its a woefully inefficient use of power to have WiFi on just to send MPD control commands.
Ah, I thought I might be missing something there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back