1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454
456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465
Next

Last
  1. TKpurple
    Prototypes where shown on Hugo2 thread with both Black and Silver colour. Its hard to imagine that only one colour would be supported with 2go. Both colours are the same despite the claims that black sounds bettter:)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Amberlamps likes this.
  2. styks
    My guess is it will be black, if the Hugo choice is black or silver though, it'd make sense to make either option available from the start, who knows for sure. .... Possibly a Chord rep will spill the beans and make that choice easy for you..

3. Gr8h8m
    If they're now rowing back on previously promised full bluetooth SD card playback control then I'll be seriously considering returning the lot as its the one usage method I need. What's the point of being able to configure it without WiFi if you'll have to be always connected to WiFi to use it at all? While playlists can be useful I also don't understand how Bluetooth could be implemented for crappy compressed playback but SD file browsing would be "too much"? The thought of making up and browsing however many playlists to cover every different album on a 128Gb SD card doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

4. Amberlamps
    TKpurple, styks.

Thank you gentlemen for the info you provided.

TKpurple likes this.
  5. smaragd
    The Apple Watch works this way too, no? BLE to connect to the iPhone and have functionality without having to be connected to WIFI...

NaiveSound likes this.
  6. mmwwmm
    I bought the Poly exactly for the same reason. Just SD playback controlled by Chord app as promised. If SD playback control from goFigure app is not supported then I’ll return my unit for sure.

7. TKpurple
    I think that it may be different things to use Poly dedicated playlists straight from the Poly app level and manage SD card using third party apps via blutooth connection instead of wifi. Time will tell..

8. StevieDvd
    On Twitter yesterday I asked if GoFigure had been cancelled and the response came back (8 hours later) as:

upload_2018-2-13_11-13-59.png

I wonder if that prompted the official reply message! I don't use Facebook so can't say if that was a prior announcement or not.

And today a further tweet saying :

upload_2018-2-13_11-13-6.png

At least Apple will have a few spare config pins :)

NaiveSound and smaragd like this.
  9. jirams
    The 'Fan' is seriously getting up to speed.

10. NaiveSound
    So now there isn't any Bluetooth SD card control? This poly thing is looking bleak by the day , maybe they just care about the hugo2 module only prob will cost 2k$, gofigure
    Probably with 2 pins

11. NYanakiev
    Let’s wait until the official announcement, shall we?!

SteveOliver likes this.
  12. Peter Hyatt

You spoke of going violent for a minor prodigy delay that is not life survival. You then wrote you couldn’t hold back. How about some perspective such as life ruining events to make you see how a product not lining up to your expectations is not worth losing control. As a fellow human being, I dare.

You condemn me for speaking my mind, by speaking your mind yet tell me what I can or can’t post?

I think a little self awareness might help. In spite of what a generation says, we are not entitled to electronics product.

Next, beyond your taunts and insults are real people. Chord is a company of humans who cannot help but be impacted by the incessant insults (sometimes personal) hurled at them.

We are privileged to have its CEO and engineer post here. I don’t want to lose it.

Take a deep breath, don’t break anything and consider not railing on them. It doesn’t make GO Figure happen any faster.

For your own sake, find a healthy outlet for your anger that doesn’t negatively impact others.

We are all waiting for Poly fix.

Peter

13. tonyl59
    I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding you here, but it is absolutely possible to play music on Poly’s SD card while out and about with no WiFi. I use Poly’s hotspot and Glider and for the most part it works reasonably reliably. I can also maintain 4G on my iPhone at the same time.
    Apologies if I missed your point.

14. Gr8h8m
    Hi Tony - sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I want to turn WiFi radios off on both my phone and Poly (just think of the battery saving!!) and just control playback of SD card content using Bluetooth. This should be eminently possible and indeed had been confirmed as a forthcoming feature of GoFigure. As it stands its a woefully inefficient use of power to have WiFi on just to send MPD control commands.

NaiveSound likes this.
  15. tonyl59
    Ah, I thought I might be missing something there!

First

Back
445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454
456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465
Next

Last