Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 27, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #6,272 of 18,757
Not so with my iPhone 6. No internet via wi-fi, of course, but internet via 3G or 4G? Absolutely.

Yeah. Who cares about Android anyway :)

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #6,274 of 18,757
Has anyone experienced not being able to get poly to connect and lock with their private wifi?

After inputting my ssid/pass (password is simple with a few letters and numbers)
And hitting reset on save, and checking all the required boxes,

I hit save, poly reboots but it flashes blue then green then blue.

Putting poly into *network mode* doesn't work either.

There is no way for me to connect poly to my private wifi.

Anyone have any other idea of what I should try?

Bluetooth and all the other stuff works now, but can't get it to connect to my wifi, I want to update this thing

Chord is great and they will fix these little quirks, but since the Android app is 6 weeks away I need something now
If you install WIFI monitor maybe you will see that your WIFI is not in the 10 legal chanel.

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #6,275 of 18,757
So basically you are confirming, that Poly was not meant to be a mobile streamer. I don't know anyone who would care their router on them.
I don't give a damn about concrete walls when using Poly, since it is usually a few inches from the source, which is my spartphone. It is also further confirmed by deliberate ignoring hd BT audio and pointing at wifi as the only right way of feeding Poly with data, since it is useful at home only, as on the go the lifespan of phone's battery would not exceed 2-3 hours (tested it myself lately during 4 hours train trip). I also am not quite able to use famous "hybrid mode" on my android phone (well, shouldn't be surprised ,who cares about android anyway).
The main reason for me to buy Poly was streaming (Tidal, Spotify) on the go. It seems there is hardly worse solution for this purpose now.
As much as I am happy with SQ when it works, I am deeply disgusted with the rest of Poly experience.
I pre-ordered Poly, since I trusted in Chord, as a well established audio company offering niche products of exceptional quality, and waited more than half a year to get it. Even if I don't think that famous GoFigure app will change much in my experience, I will wait for a few more months (I am Android user) to check it, but it is qiote clear for me that Poly was never planned as a mobile solution, but rather in-house portable streamer. It's fine, there's surely a market for such solutions. But I think It should be clear from the beginning, so people who want quality audio on the go would not bother with Poly and either stay with Mojo itself, or buy something better.
Please re read what I’d answered to the question as to why we chose 2.4GHz over 5GHz it’s because it has behaves better in buildings with concrete walls and the question about Poly not having Aptx. You seem have somehow misunderstood my reply entirely for that I’m sorry and I will try to be more clear and concise next time.

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #6,276 of 18,757
I realised over the last couple of days that I will never own a Poly of my own to accompany my Mojo for various reasons.

I therefore have no reason to comment in this thread, I will keep watching/subscribed to the thread as it will be great to see how the product evolves but I will post no more replies here.

Good luck everybody.

Good grief, after making multiple posts - including ridiculous comments like suggesting Chord are going to drop the whole Poly project and give everyone a refund, it now transpires that you do not own a Poly and likely never will.

Why have you been wasting everybody’s time posting about a product that you have absolutely no experience of? This sort of thing is spoiling this thread and undermining the positive contributions that some people are making. People come here looking for developments, ideas and solutions, not to read idle speculation from people who don’t even own the product.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I am just flabbergasted by this latest post.

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #6,277 of 18,757
Good grief, after making multiple posts - including ridiculous comments like suggesting Chord are going to drop the whole Poly project and give everyone a refund, it now transpires that you do not own a Poly and likely never will.

Why have you been wasting everybody’s time posting about a product that you have absolutely no experience of? This sort of thing is spoiling this thread and undermining the positive contributions that some people are making. People come here looking for developments, ideas and solutions, not to read idle speculation from people who don’t even own the product.

I fully agree..

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #6,280 of 18,757

I don think that’s entirely fair. @SteveOliver has contributed to the thread, in a balanced manner, and even built his own “Poly” and shared what it took and how he thought Poly would be better (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-100#post-13380021). Not sure why he doesn’t think he will own a Poly, but that’s his decision to make.

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #6,281 of 18,757
I'm seeing error(701) in a dialog box via Glider ...

I'm assuming this is happening with the App Store 1.6.2 version?

The 701 error is sent from the Poly's UPnP media server and translates to 'Transition Not Available'. This particular problem shouldn't be happening in the Glider 1.7 beta since MPD is used for playback control instead of UPnP. That said, there are still some scenarios that would lead to the UPnP renderer being used over MPD when the MPD daemon is not running (no SD card is inserted for example).

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #6,282 of 18,757
What's your battery life when tethering?..[/QUOTE]

To be honest I've not used it for any great period of time, it did have an affect but I'd only use for short periods and I tend to be never far from power points to recharge.

Sorry not the greatest answer really.

Jan 27, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #6,283 of 18,757
I wondering if anyone faces this issue of reduced poly battery life.

Ever since upgrading to latest firmware, i noted the battery life of poly is greatly reduced. Even shorter than mojo. Battery appeared to drain even without turning on device. The difference is very obvious.

Also i noted my SD card cannot be read. Poly does not appear as server in Glider, 8player, NePlayer. Using Glider, I can still do playback on from my iPhone via DLNA.

My poly was working great before the firmware upgrade. For now, I will patiently wait for new firmware and GoFigure app before concluding if this is a hardware or software issue.

Jan 28, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #6,285 of 18,757
To be honest I've not used it for any great period of time, it did have an affect but I'd only use for short periods and I tend to be never far from power points to recharge.
Sorry not the greatest answer really.

That's perfectly fine answer, but it just confirms my point.
The system which is capable of stayiing away from the power socket for an hour at most (OK, I'm pushing it a bit, but I do it for the purpose) can hardly be called mobile. It is portable at best.
If I'm tetheing from my phone, I have 2 hours of music at best (up to 4 when I use huge, beefed up Zerolemon battery pack). It's way too short for a train trip for example (as not all trains have power sockets here). And as much as it might be sufficient for commuting, I find it not quite comfortable to rush to my desk at the office to charge my phone right after I arrive. Yeah, not quite Poly issue, right. But Poly needs controlling device and if it drains it from power almost instantly, that is a problem. And roaming around with a stack of powerbanks and a knot of charging cables is not fun at all. I would prefer to put MojoPoly and my phone into my pockets and have declared 8 hours of playtime with me - well, make it 6; I would still be happy. Not the case by any means.

Now, please don't read/answer if you are an iphone user and your only answer is "Well, in my iPhone 10 it works, loser" - I am Android user and I have knowingly chosen to use Android over apple for my main mobile device - some people just do prefer Android, deal with it.

To elaborate a bit on famous hybrid mode: it might be a good solution for iphone users, I do agree. But it works only because apple allows entering incomplete data to nertork settings, which I believe was simply a mistake or negligence on apple's side. Android does not allow modifying network settings in a way that would prohibit it from functioning - which is absolutely correct approach. I can hardly believe that apple screwed up their network preferences for the sake of Poly's "hybrid mode". It might as well get fixed soon.

And I still don't know if AIFF and DSD files would be possible to play the same way as other formats. Yeah, I know that I can play AIFF/DSD using MPD app (thank you, Chord support). Which is fun like hell: A&K connect for SD card and Tidal, AirSpot for Spotify, and MPDroid for AIFF/DSD. Fun like hell. Yeah, I know that when description says that device supports FLACS and AIFF it does not mean, that it does both of them at the same time, but this is ridiculous. It's like you would buy a SUV, but to be able to go into light offroad you would need to go to workshop to switch suspension components every time.
Not to mention, that I am not capable of playing my extreme resolution DSD music (https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/albums/jl002-8-ensembles-in-1-bit) without severe skipping, which makes it unlistenable, and that both BubbleUPN and A&K connect just don't do gapless playback in my setup.

Yeah, I could just sit down and spend a couple of weekends converting my AIFFs to FLACs and backing up my CDs to full resolution files (I still have my iTunes backup. but back in a day I just compressed them reasonably, since my main source was iPod classic with only 80GBs of storage), but what should I do with my vinyls?... I could also buy a brand new digital version of my CD / vinyl collection and some favourite records I like to stream from Tidal/Spotify, but that would very easily exceed the value of MojoPoly. And I do like streaming services, since that's the way I discover new music - and I do it almost exclusively on the go.

As I said previously, I'm mostly mobile user. I replaced my trusty iBasso DAC/amp with Mojo just to find that although it sounds far better, it's not usable on the go in a sandwich configuration because of RFI (by the way, ghow come iBasso can handle RFI< and Chord can not?...). Then, I went for Poly to get rod of RFI, just to find it's far worse in operation than Mojo alone with USB player pro, which can easily handle all audio formats and TIdal - gaplessly.

I hope I made myself clear this time?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back