Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #6,301 of 18,784
I’d still like to hear from Chord (@Matt Bartlett or @Mojo ideas ) how they would describe affected units. Is it like I posted above or something more extreme, like won’t ever/very rarely turn on with Mojo not being connected?

My Poly still shows full battery but won’t turn on at all. So your problems looks a bit different than mine. It could be battery related the way you describe it?

You can e-mail Chord if you go to support and see what they say if Matt or someone else doesn’t answer it here.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #6,302 of 18,784
My Poly still shows full battery but won’t turn on at all. So your problems looks a bit different than mine. It could be battery related the way you describe it?

You can e-mail Chord if you go to support and see what they say if Matt or someone else doesn’t answer it here.

Thanks. It’s not battery, because it happens whether Mojo and Poly are showing blue, green, or a combination, etc. it may be “normal” behavior, which I can live with if it doesn’t become like yours, then. But would still like to hear Chords description of what they have determined the affected (I guess Mojo side) problem looks like. My Mojo is from Nov.’15, so very early production (no QR code).

Jan 28, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #6,303 of 18,784
388613C8-AAD8-4958-8261-E181183E2E1E.jpeg
What if my Poly takes 5+ minutes to switch on (but does not usually need the charger)? Is that eligible for replacement, or not?

I have the same issue. Waiting for much more than double what the manual says (10 seconds+Mojo bootup) seems faulty to me.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #6,304 of 18,784
Sorry to ask a question that I am sure has been answered in the previous 6000 poste, but... what software is used on the iPAD or iPhone to select and manage the play of the music files stored on the microSD card of the Poly ?

- Has CHORD developed or has in development his own music management software ?
- Can I use commerciel software like the " Lightning DS " software from AURALIC that I use with my ARIES music server and that I love, and that also allow Tidal and Qobuz management in addition to local browsing?

I really want to use with Poly a music management software with a very friendly and sophisticated user interface, to be used with an iPAD instead of iPhone to get better vue of my software library.

ecran.png

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #6,305 of 18,784
@JeremyLaurenson I'm currently using my Poly in the hybrid hotspot mode following your instructions. I don't have a problem using my Poly this way with my iPhone X. however I am also using MPDluxe to control the SD card and for some reason, the app just says 'connecting to server' with the message 'retrieving contents...'

i could've sworn it worked before... I recently uploaded lots of music to my 400GB SD card. do you know what I could be doing wrong?

on a separate note - I am currently on the road and am trying to connect my Poly to the hotel wifi network. I do know it's a 2.4 band but there's a "-" in the network name. is this why I can't seem to connect the Poly to my hotel wifi network?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #6,306 of 18,784
@JeremyLaurenson I'm currently using my Poly in the hybrid hotspot mode following your instructions. I don't have a problem using my Poly this way with my iPhone X. however I am also using MPDluxe to control the SD card and for some reason, the app just says 'connecting to server' with the message 'retrieving contents...'

i could've sworn it worked before... I recently uploaded lots of music to my 400GB SD card. do you know what I could be doing wrong?
I don’t think MPDluxe works in this mode. A new version of Glider will use MTP behind the scenes for better playback experience soon

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #6,309 of 18,784
thanks @JeremyLaurenson for the quick reply.

@Matt Bartlett
I am currently on the road and am trying to connect my Poly to the hotel wifi network. I do know it's a 2.4 band but there's a "-" in the network name. is this why I can't seem to connect the Poly to my hotel wifi network? i'm eagerly awaiting the wednesday firmware update. if the hotel wifi situation persists, then do you think i will be able to update the firmware while in hybrid mode?

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #6,310 of 18,784

@Matt Bartlett
I am currently on the road and am trying to connect my Poly to the hotel wifi network. I do know it's a 2.4 band but there's a "-" in the network name. is this why I can't seem to connect the Poly to my hotel wifi network? i'm eagerly awaiting the wednesday firmware update. if the hotel wifi situation persists, then do you think i will be able to update the firmware while in hybrid mode?

I belive poly would have to have a browser to log in and accept the terms of the said wifi hotspot of the hotel.

You can probably spoof poly mac address. And then it would work. Find out poly mac address (and let me know how you found its address)

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #6,311 of 18,784

@Matt Bartlett

I believe you can only connect to a network that just has letters and numbers in its ssid, all other characters are not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 28, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #6,313 of 18,784
I believe you can only connect to a network that just has letters and numbers in its ssid, all other characters are not allowed.

I believe this was fixed a couple of updates ago. The problem is more likely what @JeremyLaurenson said. You need to agree to the hotel's user policies and Poly can't display that webpage.

There are doubtless many ways to get Poly's mac address. I happened to get it using a software app on my MBP called iNet Network Scanner that I downloaded from the Apple App Store. What you would need to do is scan your home network when Poly is attached and it will give you the IP address and MAC address of Poly -- you can also see the ping value and if Poly is responding and you can see what services are available from Poly as for example whether it is logged on with MPD and DLNA available or is just sitting there attached and waiting for that download of firmware from Chord. I am sure other programs are available that do similar and even more complex network analysis, I just happen to have this one and it works fine for my purposes. There is also an iOS version so that if you attach Poly to your iPhone hotspot and scan, you can tell if Poly is attached and you can get the MAC address. There are countless other ways to get a MAC address.

Jan 28, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #6,314 of 18,784
I believe this was fixed a couple of updates ago. The problem is more likely what @JeremyLaurenson said. You need to agree to the hotel's user policies and Poly can't display that webpage.

There are doubtless many ways to get Poly's mac address. I happened to get it using a software app on my MBP called iNet Network Scanner that I downloaded from the Apple App Store. What you would need to do is scan your home network when Poly is attached and it will give you the IP address and MAC address of Poly -- you can also see the ping value and if Poly is responding and you can see what services are available from Poly as for example whether it is logged on with MPD and DLNA available or is just sitting there attached and waiting for that download of firmware from Chord. I am sure other programs are available that do similar and even more complex network analysis, I just happen to have this one and it works fine for my purposes. There is also an iOS version so that if you attach Poly to your iPhone hotspot and scan, you can tell if Poly is attached and you can get the MAC address. There are countless other ways to get a MAC address.

Sounds like another one of Chord’s “complex wifi issues” to me....

Jan 28, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #6,315 of 18,784

Do you know of a different way ? For example one for Android?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back