Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 28, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #6,286 of 18,777
I don think that’s entirely fair. @SteveOliver has contributed to the thread, in a balanced manner, and even built his own “Poly” and shared what it took and how he thought Poly would be better (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-100#post-13380021). Not sure why he doesn’t think he will own a Poly, but that’s his decision to make.

I disagree. Only people who own the Poly are in the position to say something about it. There was this guy name @Mike*** (i forgot his name, but he also post in the Hugo 2 thread) he was really fighting against Bluetooth control for the Poly. ( Anyone who have used the Poly on a flight can see how much bluetooth control is needed, so that is how I knew he has no Poly )

They only create noise imo.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #6,287 of 18,777
I wondering if anyone faces this issue of reduced poly battery life.

Ever since upgrading to latest firmware, i noted the battery life of poly is greatly reduced. Even shorter than mojo. Battery appeared to drain even without turning on device. The difference is very obvious.

Also i noted my SD card cannot be read. Poly does not appear as server in Glider, 8player, NePlayer. Using Glider, I can still do playback on from my iPhone via DLNA.

My poly was working great before the firmware upgrade. For now, I will patiently wait for new firmware and GoFigure app before concluding if this is a hardware or software issue.

Hi are you charging both Mojo and Poly together until both white lights go out and you just have the blue P status light?
With your SD card try deleting the mpd, dlna-sdfree and art_cache files if you have them. Insert the card back into Poly and let it rebuild the database. You should see the P status light cycle through the colours to show it is building the database. Once this is done try again with Glider or 8Player.

Jan 28, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #6,288 of 18,777
I wondering if anyone faces this issue of reduced poly battery life.

Ever since upgrading to latest firmware, i noted the battery life of poly is greatly reduced. Even shorter than mojo. Battery appeared to drain even without turning on device. The difference is very obvious.

Also i noted my SD card cannot be read. Poly does not appear as server in Glider, 8player, NePlayer. Using Glider, I can still do playback on from my iPhone via DLNA.

My poly was working great before the firmware upgrade. For now, I will patiently wait for new firmware and GoFigure app before concluding if this is a hardware or software issue.
Yep, mine has reduced battery life too. There are days when I don`t have the time to use them and when I get back, the battery is drained (not completely) even if it was off. Also, with prev firmwares, I had to put the units to charge because of Mojo battery, now I do it mostly for Poly`s battery. I always keep and charge them together. This is obviously software related and software fixable.

Jan 28, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #6,289 of 18,777
Yep, mine has reduced battery life too. There are days when I don`t have the time to use them and when I get back, the battery is drained (not completely) even if it was off. Also, with prev firmwares, I had to put the units to charge because of Mojo battery, now I do it mostly for Poly`s battery. I always keep and charge them together. This is obviously software related and software fixable.
I suggest you follow the advice from Matt Bartlett also and let us know what happens.

Jan 28, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #6,291 of 18,777
With the small amount of time I have had my poly I have noticed that polys battery outlasts mojo by a good margin.

I remember the first time I used the combo, after charging both the blue lights were showing, I started the music and I must of listened for a couple or so hours and mojo was showing orange light and poly was still on blue which impressed me. Mind you my mojo has never gave me 8 hours of playtime, I would say 3-4 hours max and has been like that since I bought it last january.

My anker 20100mah battery comes in very handy and it isnt that much bigger than the mojo/poly combo, it is an essential bit of kit to carry when I go walkabout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 28, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #6,292 of 18,777
I tried a whole other personal wifi network and no matter what I cant get it to connect poly to it so that it can update.
Bluetooth and streaming local files work cannot control sd card ever, cannot view sd card content (exfat format)

Maybe its something imI not doing right. I just want it to work.

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #6,293 of 18,777
Hi are you charging both Mojo and Poly together until both white lights go out and you just have the blue P status light?
With your SD card try deleting the mpd, dlna-sdfree and art_cache files if you have them. Insert the card back into Poly and let it rebuild the database. You should see the P status light cycle through the colours to show it is building the database. Once this is done try again with Glider or 8Player.
I always charge them separately. I confirmed that both battery indicator lights are blue when turned on. After firmware upgrade, when using mojopoly, I was surprised when i first saw poly light changed to green before Mojo. Now, Poly is red while Mojo is still yellow. My current experience is similar to @Andreeas1978.

Before firmware upgrade, my experience is similar to @Phuca. Poly easily outlast Mojo in term of battery life without any doubt.

As for SD card, Glider suddenly is able to see poly as media server. And playback of files works fine. Note: I did not made any change.

Just to elaborate. Previously, when i updated the files on my SD card, i also deleted all the misc system-generated files. When I inserted the card back into Poly, P status light did cycle through the colours. I only have 17 files. But poly did not appear on Glider. I tried ejecting and re-inserting the card. Everytime, P status light will cycle through the colours everytime but still not appear on Glider.

Anyway, now that the poly does appears as server on Glider. I will not touch it till newer firmware and the app get released.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #6,294 of 18,777
I tried a whole other personal wifi network and no matter what I cant get it to connect poly to it so that it can update.
Bluetooth and streaming local files work cannot control sd card ever, cannot view sd card content (exfat format)

Maybe its something imI not doing right. I just want it to work.

Did you have your first Poly that drowned working ok?

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #6,295 of 18,777
Did you have your first Poly that drowned working ok?

Yes the first one connected to the network but I still couldn't get sd card control in any mode.

This one doesn't connect to the private network at all.

However once i did input the ssid/pass, and rebooted on save, it restarted and ever since i was able to use Bluetooth (before I ever attempted to connect poly to private wifi, Bluetooth never worked) if that matters

I will never use poly on my private network anyway.
I just want to update it

Anyone have any suggestions

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #6,296 of 18,777
Hi. I can answer this.
So if you have a Poly where Mojo will not switch it on but does switch on as soon as the charger is connected then please email
info@chordelectronics.co.uk where you will be given further instructions.
Alternatively contact your dealer and ask them to get in touch with us so we can make arrangements.

I hope this helps to clarify.

What if my Poly takes 5+ minutes to switch on (but does not usually need the charger)? Is that eligible for replacement, or not?

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #6,297 of 18,777
I'm assuming this is happening with the App Store 1.6.2 version?

The 701 error is sent from the Poly's UPnP media server and translates to 'Transition Not Available'. This particular problem shouldn't be happening in the Glider 1.7 beta since MPD is used for playback control instead of UPnP. That said, there are still some scenarios that would lead to the UPnP renderer being used over MPD when the MPD daemon is not running (no SD card is inserted for example).
Hi Joe, I'm on the latest beta where I'm seeing the 701 (and also '0') errors ... thanks!

Jan 28, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #6,298 of 18,777
Hi. I can answer this.
So if you have a Poly where Mojo will not switch it on but does switch on as soon as the charger is connected then please email
info@chordelectronics.co.uk where you will be given further instructions.
Alternatively contact your dealer and ask them to get in touch with us so we can make arrangements.

I hope this helps to clarify.
Hi Matt my poly behaves like this I’ve sent a message to the link you posted and am waiting for further assistance
Thanks

Jan 28, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #6,299 of 18,777
Did anyone receive their new Poly’s yet? If so, did it fix the turning on problem? :p

Jan 28, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #6,300 of 18,777
Matt, I may email Chord or not, but I’d like a bit of clarification on what you guys know about this issue. After several months of almost daily use, Poly and I understand each other pretty well. When cold, if I turn on Mojo, sometimes Poly won’t turn on. Usually the power light is red in this case. If the Mojo cycles and the power light lands on purple, this is usually a sign that Poly will eventually warm up and turn on, maybe a few to 5 minutes? Plugging in, as I mentioned above, turns on Poly instantly.

So, I’m probably 80% happy with the behavior at this point. But would the above description fall into your understanding of normal or affected performance? Perhaps there is a range of behavior depending on various Mojo tolerances. Thanks, as always, for your help!

I’d still like to hear from Chord (@Matt Bartlett or @Mojo ideas ) how they would describe affected units. Is it like I posted above or something more extreme, like won’t ever/very rarely turn on with Mojo not being connected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back