Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 14, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #14,596 of 18,823
I think there are a few posts relating to some of the subscriptions being limited to certain bit rates.
well when i stream tidal from audirivana on my pc to ploy for master files the color changes to yellow when the file is 88 khz and to green when its 96 khz, but when i play the same song form my iPhone xs max it changes to red only. Weird as on my iphone the streaming quality chosen is master quality> and there is a very noticeable quality difference I hear when I use streaming form my pc using audirivana compared to my iphone

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #14,597 of 18,823
well when i stream tidal from audirivana on my pc to ploy for master files the color changes to yellow when the file is 88 khz and to green when its 96 khz, but when i play the same song form my iPhone xs max it changes to red only. Weird as on my iphone the streaming quality chosen is master quality> and there is a very noticeable quality difference I hear when I use streaming form my pc using audirivana compared to my iphone
On your iphone, are you using the tidal app, or some other app?

Have you checked the poly FAQ https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/ ?
Near the bottom of the page it mentions 'AirPlay is natively limited to transmitting 16bit 44kHz audio. If you wish to playback high resolution files please use DLNA/UPnP/MPD or Roon.'

Maybe that is the root cause of your problem.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #14,598 of 18,823
another question, I put an sd card 400 giga, and formatted it first to exfat, and in the settings I see that there is an sd card, but when i press launch quickplay nothing happens it keeps saying " no playlist found " although in the settings of go figure app I see sd card capacity is 366.79 gb and sdcard free space 363 gb

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #14,599 of 18,823
another question, I put an sd card 400 giga, and formatted it first to exfat, and in the settings I see that there is an sd card, but when i press launch quickplay nothing happens it keeps saying " no playlist found " although in the settings of go figure app I see sd card capacity is 366.79 gb and sdcard free space 363 gb

Do you have any playlists created? Try playing from mConnect or another app.

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #14,600 of 18,823
Do you have any playlists created? Try playing from mConnect or another app.
i just added folders of albums in the sdcard, is that not how am I supposed to do it

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #14,602 of 18,823
Your sd card contains music files. Gofigure can play playlists, but you need to create them first, and save them to the SD card. Other music apps can play the music files themselves.

and can i contol the mplayer to play sdcard music without wifi or hotspot , using just bluetooth

the reason I ask if i am only using my poly on the go and dont want to use hotspot can i still play the music stored on my sdard inside the poly using bluetooth

if that is not possible then i assume using hotspot to playback music stored on sd card inside the poly will not consume too much mobile data , am I right, as I am not streaming the whole files to the poly, since the files are played back from sdcard inside the poly

update : To be honest poly is complicated to use, and I simply want to have on the go playback from sdcard without consuming all my mobile data, I simply do not know how to do it, tired for 2 hours messing around. I can only do playback form sdcard when I am using wifi network using mconnect.

please if anyone can help in this i will be grateful

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #14,603 of 18,823
What is normal battery life of the Chord Poly + Mojo with headphones like the Aeon Flow Closed?

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #14,604 of 18,823
and can i contol the mplayer to play sdcard music without wifi or hotspot , using just bluetooth

the reason I ask if i am only using my poly on the go and dont want to use hotspot can i still play the music stored on my sdard inside the poly using bluetooth

if that is not possible then i assume using hotspot to playback music stored on sd card inside the poly will not consume too much mobile data , am I right, as I am not streaming the whole files to the poly, since the files are played back from sdcard inside the poly

update : To be honest poly is complicated to use, and I simply want to have on the go playback from sdcard without consuming all my mobile data, I simply do not know how to do it, tired for 2 hours messing around. I can only do playback form sdcard when I am using wifi network using mconnect.

this is how I have GoFigure set up to run Poly HotSpot Mode

IMG_0198.PNG

This is how I set up the wifi to work with Poly HotSpot Mode

IMG_0199.PNG IMG_0200.PNG

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #14,606 of 18,823
81F0FF6A-D826-4796-B11B-1A7802BF33AD.png 5E8E0061-1845-43D0-A264-608F1633B11B.png 09249F2D-0A7B-46AB-9066-65E32ABAB739.png 81F0FF6A-D826-4796-B11B-1A7802BF33AD.png

the quickplay will only display mpd playlist you have made, and have saved on the Poly sad card. You can make playlist many different ways on Mac or pc but I find Cantata very easy to use this website explains it https://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chord_poly-gofigure-playlists-cantata-mac
If your on iPhone you can also download the Rigelian app and the playlist you make will work for the quickplay.

Dec 14, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #14,607 of 18,823
i haven’t done extensive testing, but I feel like the A2C takes a bit more out of the battery. I would say at least 6 hours though, maybe more. I find it a great pairing, by the way.

I get around 5 hours. I suppose that is below on what is expected?

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #14,609 of 18,823
I just bought a Poly and have been loving it. As a Roon endpoint, it's a dream come true, but playing from local storage has given me some problems I didn't foresee. I just can't find a good app that doesn't have some kind of dealbreaker. I am using a Galaxy Note 8. Here is what I have tried and my issues thus far:

mConnect:
- For albums with multiple discs, the tracks are all out of order. Even when I change the sorting method, nothing shows up correctly.
- The interface is pretty atrocious. Looks decent, but usability is frustrating.
- I've upgraded to premium and no settings are remembered. I have to manually select the Poly every time. I have to change the sort order every time.

BubbleUPnP:
- Sort of the same issue as mconnect. Albums with multiple discs have tracklists that are out of order 50% of the time. When I bring up the metadata for a given track, the track number and disc number are clearly listed, but sometimes 23 will come before 5, and 2 will be buried near track 30. I have dug around the metadata for hours and have no idea why this is happening. Some albums are totally fine and there is no difference between the metadata for either.
- Low res artwork for everything.

Hi-Fi Cast:
- Album Sorting and tracks are all in proper order.
- All album artwork is being downsampled to around 160x160.
- No Tidal Support.

Is there any app out there that would fit my needs more appropriately - those being:

- Multi-disc album tracks in the proper order.
- Full-res album art
- Proper Interface that remembers settings.
- Ideally has Tidal functionality.

Dec 17, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #14,610 of 18,823
I just bought a Poly and have been loving it. As a Roon endpoint, it's a dream come true, but playing from local storage has given me some problems I didn't foresee. I just can't find a good app that doesn't have some kind of dealbreaker. I am using a Galaxy Note 8. Here is what I have tried and my issues thus far:

mConnect:
- For albums with multiple discs, the tracks are all out of order. Even when I change the sorting method, nothing shows up correctly.
- The interface is pretty atrocious. Looks decent, but usability is frustrating.
- I've upgraded to premium and no settings are remembered. I have to manually select the Poly every time. I have to change the sort order every time.

BubbleUPnP:
- Sort of the same issue as mconnect. Albums with multiple discs have tracklists that are out of order 50% of the time. When I bring up the metadata for a given track, the track number and disc number are clearly listed, but sometimes 23 will come before 5, and 2 will be buried near track 30. I have dug around the metadata for hours and have no idea why this is happening. Some albums are totally fine and there is no difference between the metadata for either.
- Low res artwork for everything.

Hi-Fi Cast:
- Album Sorting and tracks are all in proper order.
- All album artwork is being downsampled to around 160x160.
- No Tidal Support.

Is there any app out there that would fit my needs more appropriately - those being:

- Multi-disc album tracks in the proper order.
- Full-res album art
- Proper Interface that remembers settings.
- Ideally has Tidal functionality.

Rigelian on iOS! It is a MPD type app that I use to play from the Poly SD card. For my streaming needs I use MConnect Pro, which is also near flawless in streaming Tidal/Qobuz.

Love Poly!! I am enjoying it to the point of doubting, whether I need a dedicated DAP in the Cayin N6ii. It's the best feeling rediscovering how good something you already own is.

I am seriously considering selling the Cayin and buying a set of quality iems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back