Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 12, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #6,751 of 18,781
I hope that Chord tones down the rhetoric on this. With regards to Poly (Which is manufactured and software developed by a 3rd party, not Chord), they have unfortunately been let down by their partner and I am fairly certain they have badly blown every date and feature/reliability promise made.

For something thats $749 this is amazing. Lets put this in perspective - a 256GB iPhone 8 is just $100 more than a Poly and runs astounding better.... and will power mojo with a CCK

I am actually quite startled they'd announce anything till after its clear all is working fine.

I fully agree at the rate they are fixing the firmware issues and releasing updates it will be another year before Poly is stable enough to be considered mainstream reliable and I think the app is probably not going to come at all now! The Poly page on Chord does not mention GoFigure anymore which is alarming.

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #6,752 of 18,781
I fully agree at the rate they are fixing the firmware issues and releasing updates it will be another year before Poly is stable enough to be considered mainstream reliable and I think the app is probably not going to come at all now! The Poly page on Chord does not mention GoFigure anymore which is alarming.

Chord is not saying anything?

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #6,753 of 18,781
I can barely make it a few songs without running into playback back problems when using Poly in hotspot mode - there is no router in this equation.

Even SD playback starts badly stuttering and eventually stops in Poly hotspot mode.
I do not want to minimize your difficulties.

I find strange that actually nobody speaks about the ressources that the smartphone needs to work with Poly and the player.
In Bubbleupnp some parameters seems to help.

6 weeks ago i had to change my smartphone S3 because Google fills it with apps that i do not use. My wife had tryed to resist but she do the same last week.

Sometimes with my another streamer and BubbleUpnp, I need to restart the S8 because the server or the renderer is not working in bubbleUpnp. But after it does not work and i need to reboot the streamer.
It remembers me the time when windows start the plug and play features. Restart and restart.

I do not use the Poly homespot because for me it is more simple to use the homespot of my S8. I never place the S8 next the MojoPoly because the 4G affect Mojo.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #6,754 of 18,781
I do not want to minimize your difficulties.

I find strange that actually nobody speaks about the ressources that the smartphone needs to work with Poly and the player.
In Bubbleupnp some parameters seems to help.

6 weeks ago i had to change my smartphone S3 because Google fills it with apps that i do not use. My wife had tryed to resist but she do the same last week.

Sometimes with my another streamer and BubbleUpnp, I need to restart the S8 because the server or the renderer is not working in bubbleUpnp.

I do not use the Poly homespot because for me it is more simple to use the homespot of my S8. I never place the S8 next the MojoPoly because the 4G affect Mojo.

Good luck.

What are the Bubbleupnp parameters that ypu use. Maybe it will help me out

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #6,756 of 18,781
So now it’s therapeutic whining?

Post bitterness or go violent?

A reference point might help.

You’re not fighting cancer, fleeing oppression or in war.

You’re listening to music through the greatest technological advances in recorded human history.

I think we all just wished it worked as promised

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #6,757 of 18,781
?...

You’re listening to music through the greatest technological advances in recorded human history.

With the aid of a modified paper clip. :wink:

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #6,760 of 18,781

Actually no. The problem is that most of the time we’re NOT listening to music through it - and we’d very much like to!!! :p

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #6,761 of 18,781
I am not. I am using the Bose QC35 II for portable music nowadays as I cannot rely on the Poly to work.

I am only using the Chord Dave and the Hugo 2.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #6,762 of 18,781
Does Poly ever turn off? It was connected to my mojo, which i switched off, then in the morning, poly was out of battery, even though it shouldnt have been.

i then charged it at lunchtime, with mojo off, came back to my desk to find my phone had already rebound to the hotspot, and poly hadn't respected the 'turn off mojo' button click command.

Is this expected behaviour, how would i manage my battery in this case?

Also, really enjoying the mojo/poly at the minute, I got some silver litz cables and its unbelievably enjoyable. So, I'm just asking the question, rather then having a dig :)

Also also thank you chord for sending me my poly case, that also make carrying it around sweet.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #6,763 of 18,781
Finally, this thread is picking up some steam. Chord needs pressure put on them. They're marketing a fully functional device to potential new consumers all while it's current customers are left in the dark with updates barely being released and promise dates almost never hit.

It's a bad way to run a business and an easy way to alienate current customers/ruin your reputation in the process.

@Mojo ideas, @Matt Bartlett

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #6,764 of 18,781
Finally, this thread is picking up some steam. Chord needs pressure put on them. They're marketing a fully functional device to potential new consumers all while it's current customers are left in the dark with updates barely being released and promise dates almost never hit.

It's a bad way to run a business and an easy way to alienate current customers/ruin your reputation in the process.

@Mojo ideas, @Matt Bartlett

Idk about anywhere else but the price actually rose up in the US

Feb 12, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #6,765 of 18,781
Actually no. The problem is that most of the time we’re NOT listening to music through it - and we’d very much like to!!! :p

This is true. I've had my Poly since the beginning of November. Total listen time probably 3 hours. Total frustration time: hundreds of hours. This is largely due to the power on issue. Replacement is in the works but it can't happen fast enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back