Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 12, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #6,783 of 18,803
My guess is that Android development hasn't even begun. I bet they think they can just get it knocked up in a couple of months (6 weeks plus) once the IOS version is finalised. I reckon they're mistaken.

Based on the performance of the IOS development, which all developers say is so easy compared to Android, I would have employed someone else who is up to the task to develop the Android version

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #6,784 of 18,803
That's the problem on android. The actually coding for the Apple and Android are both unix-like and a similar program logic and flow should work but it won't because Android systems are so varied in implementation and version.

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #6,785 of 18,803
PJRopV3.png

GoFigure Update
-

We’re aware of some frustrations with the delayed release of GoFigure, the configuration app for Poly. To update you, we expected it to appear on the App Store last week, however, over the weekend, we received a request from Apple to perform a full hardware compatibility review to confirm that it works flawlessly with Poly. We understand that waiting on Apple is painful, but we are committed to bringing this release to you as soon as possible. Please bear with us, as we’re also looking forward to the time when we can bin the pin!​

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #6,786 of 18,803
They do, actually. Once they get their teeth in it can be troublesome to get things through review. The upside is it doesnt get through unless it works.

That is indeed interesting. Often I've come across, paid for, and downloaded apps which simply end up not working as the dev implied or intended. This resulted in refunds. I'm surprised Apple have the resources to verify every app that comes through. If the quality seal of approval is there then we should be golden once GoFigure is released. Right? :wink:

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #6,787 of 18,803
PJRopV3.png

GoFigure Update
-

We’re aware of some frustrations with the delayed release of GoFigure, the configuration app for Poly. To update you, we expected it to appear on the App Store last week, however, over the weekend, we received a request from Apple to perform a full hardware compatibility review to confirm that it works flawlessly with Poly. We understand that waiting on Apple is painful, but we are committed to bringing this release to you as soon as possible. Please bear with us, as we’re also looking forward to the time when we can bin the pin!​

What about Android ?

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #6,788 of 18,803
That is indeed interesting. Often I've come across, paid for, and downloaded apps which simply end up not working as the dev implied or intended. This resulted in refunds. I'm surprised Apple have the resources to verify every app that comes through. If the quality seal of approval is there then we should be golden once GoFigure is released. Right? :wink:

They from the very beginning as far as I knew approve every app. This is one of the biggest differences between Google Play and the iOS App store. So it takes them a while. I have been through this with other companies. Apple is always a big hold up in this area.

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #6,789 of 18,803
That's the problem on android. The actually coding for the Apple and Android are both unix-like and a similar program logic and flow should work but it won't because Android systems are so varied in implementation and version.

This is true. Apple computers run on a version of UNIX, close to BSD. iOS has the same base structure to the operating system as Mac OS. When designing for iOS you only have so many different screen sizes and hardware specs to accommodate only 4 different phone sizes in terms of screens with only a few different processors to think about. When it comes to Android that is a much larger and vastly different set of devices you have to design for. Android is also a form of Linux which is an offshoot of UNIX. But when the Android app is done the approval process should be much quicker.

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #6,790 of 18,803
I just dropped in to see what condition my “gofigure” was in.

Yeah Yeah Yeah what condition my “gofigure” was in.

Still missing I see :frowning2:

Hopefully soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 12, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #6,791 of 18,803
This is true. Apple computers run on a version of UNIX, close to BSD. iOS has the same base structure to the operating system as Mac OS. When designing for iOS you only have so many different screen sizes and hardware specs to accommodate only 4 different phone sizes in terms of screens with only a few different processors to think about. When it comes to Android that is a much larger and vastly different set of devices you have to design for. Android is also a form of Linux which is an offshoot of UNIX. But when the Android app is done the approval process should be much quicker.

Yet Android app is hardly mentioned

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #6,792 of 18,803
The fact its been flagged in Apple is a good thing for consumers.

What remains to be seen is what exactly it does... could be as simple as:

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 4.43.18 PM.png

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #6,795 of 18,803
The fact its been flagged in Apple is a good thing for consumers.

What remains to be seen is what exactly it does... could be as simple as:

Lol! With an In-App Purchase for a virtual fancy safety pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back