1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last
  1. McCol
    Mine connects straight away, turn on and plays within seconds

SteveOliver likes this.
  2. cheznous
    Exactly. Buy a DAP and none of this will it work or not nonsense.
    Even worse it streams for a while and then for no discernible reason it stops streaming.
    The mojo is great but without doubt for me the Poly is a pile of poo.
    Probably the most disappointing audio gear I have ever bought. Shame on Chord really for releasing a product that was just not ready.

3. TKpurple
    Experiences differs my Mojopoly plus iPhone is faster then Fiio x5 third gen which i had for a short time, even that with Mojopoly i usually have to do more things to get it play.

4. NaiveSound
    Maybe GoFigure app will fix it

Benz-Fi and SteveOliver like this.
  5. Mightygrey
    Well Jude just announce in the CamJam preview video that Chord will be displaying the MojoPoly + GoFigure app at CanJam New York. That's February 17-18, so now that's been promised, it'd be a pretty bad look if it weren't available.

We've all been eagerly awaiting the app like the Wizard of Oz, as we've travelled down this now quite long yellow-brick road journey of live beta-testing the Poly. I for one hope it's been thoroughly vetted, tested, and demonstrated by real-world users and developers given the amount of waiting we've all done, and the delays-upon-delays we've experienced.

I'll also be pretty cautious as to how "game-changing" the app will actually be in terms of "fixing" the Poly - I think a lot of people here (myself included) are crossing their fingers hoping that GoFigure will start to make the $749 + $599 outlay actually seem worthwhile, and give some tangible return on their investment.

I just hope it adds functionality as promised - to turn the Mojo into an on-the-go reliable streaming and playback device.

6. NaiveSound

I'm hoping so.

But... Android users have to wait much longer.
    Hopefully development for Android has even started

7. ubs28
    I hope some of us Poly users go to that CanJam thing and test it out so they can hopefully warn Chord if they are doing something not good.

I have some concerns that if the app gets released, it is missing features that we need as I still don’t know what they are working on.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. cheznous
    Maybe but I do not see how it will fix the streaming issues. There is something fundamentally wrong with the whole Poly streaming protocol for many users.
    Maybe one day a future firmware can fix it.

NaiveSound likes this.
  9. PANURUS
    Do you thing that all this users have configured their router in the best way?
    In my home, I have 2 WIFI. One for audio and one for the rest.
    If i connect my Galaxy S8 with the same Wifi that the Poly, i can stream from Qobuz perfectly :192khz 24 bits.
    If i connect the S8 on the other wifi, i have dropout but the bandwith of this network is far to be full used.

Must i blame the Poly for that?
    Not me.

Maybe some Wifi experts could help some users who want to learn more.

I am not an expert but my Samsung solution is working since the first day.
    My samsung tools: WIFI-MONITOR and
    Devolo net scanner.

10. cheznous
    Poly should work without having to change router settings. Mine is optimised for my needs and works flawlessy with my MAC my DAPs my Cambridge and my Naim. So no is Poly.

NaiveSound likes this.
  11. JeremyLaurenson
    I hope that Chord tones down the rhetoric on this. With regards to Poly (Which is manufactured and software developed by a 3rd party, not Chord), they have unfortunately been let down by their partner and I am fairly certain they have badly blown every date and feature/reliability promise made.

For something thats $749 this is amazing. Lets put this in perspective - a 256GB iPhone 8 is just $100 more than a Poly and runs astounding better.... and will power mojo with a CCK

I am actually quite startled they'd announce anything till after its clear all is working fine.

NaiveSound likes this.
  12. PANURUS
    @cheznous
    [QUOTE="Matt Bartlett, post: 13860731, To meet worldwide legislation Poly is restricted to the first 11 WiFi channels.[/QUOTE]

13. dontfeedphils
    Not sure anyone should be surprised by this.

14. keithmarsh
    I can barely make it a few songs without running into playback back problems when using Poly in hotspot mode - there is no router in this equation.

Even SD playback starts badly stuttering and eventually stops in Poly hotspot mode.

NaiveSound likes this.
  15. NaiveSound
    When is next firmware coming out? Maybe it will fix streaming drops

First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last