Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 10, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #6,721 of 18,821
I would need to know a little more about your network configuration so perhaps PM me so we can investigate. It is possible the music could stutter whilst changing over networks as a lot has to happen between Poly, the phone, and app for everything to synchronize back up again. With some DLNA apps you may also have to press play again after changing networks to restart the music.

Thanks, Matt! I'll send you a pm in a sec.

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #6,722 of 18,821
I just noticed that Chord posted this on their Facebook page 4 days ago (replying to a question about the GoFigure app):

“GoFigure will be launching very soon - the app has passed all testing and is with Apple”

So I guess we should be seeing the app tomorrow as Apple usually take 24-48 hours approve apps these days.

I’m sure Chord wouldn’t mislead its customers by promising something was ready when it wasn’t

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #6,724 of 18,821
Does anyone know if GoFigure works with Android, please.

It will eventually. The Android version is apparently 6 week behind IOS.

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #6,725 of 18,821
I just noticed that Chord posted this on their Facebook page 4 days ago (replying to a question about the GoFigure app):

“GoFigure will be launching very soon - the app has passed all testing and is with Apple”

So I guess we should be seeing the app tomorrow as Apple usually take 24-48 hours approve apps these days.

I’m sure Chord wouldn’t mislead its customers by promising something was ready when it wasn’t

Guess you haven't been here very long? Chord said the same thing in November that it was waiting at Apple to be approved.

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #6,726 of 18,821
Guess you haven't been here very long? Chord said the same thing in November that it was waiting at Apple to be approved.

Exactly! I meant it with a bit of sarcasm - hence the tongue poking out!

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #6,727 of 18,821
Feb 11, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #6,728 of 18,821
Exactly! I meant it with a bit of sarcasm - hence the tongue poking out!

I see. For some strange reason the emoji's are not showing up in my browser :p

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #6,730 of 18,821
TE="keithmarsh, post: 14035685, member: 446852"]I just noticed that Chord posted this on their Facebook page 4 days ago (replying to a question about the GoFigure app):

So we no longer require one of these?
CViw2OyW4AAAPZw_zps66ohwpyj.jpg
... i shall miss mine we had become close friends!CViw2OyW4AAAPZw.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #6,734 of 18,821
You how with a DAP you can power it on quickly, plug in headphones press play and enjoy the music all under a minute from power on to music being heard? Has Poly been able to do that for anyone in the way a DAP can? You know how most people use their ipods, DAPs, smartphones and such, plug in headphones and press play, without fiddling with networks and pins and such.

I'm finding with Poly there are several other steps that sometimes behave consistently, sometimes not so building muscle memory around it is impossible. I tried to build a routine but the device often surprises me in the way it behaves with regards to network connectivity to A) the phone and B) the MPD/DLNA app, pin sometimes being required, sometimes not and finally the phone (iPhone X) having to be restarted to connect properly somtimes. I often find myself sitting there awkwardly waiting for music to play after I paused it for two minutes to have a conversation, or for no perceived reason whatsoever, and I have to go through like a troubleshooting procedure halfway through my relaxation session or worse yet on a crowded street in which case I have to completely abandon the idea, put the Poly and headphones in my bag and curse a little bit.

The way I see it Chord already got my money so I have purchased my right to complain about this device being a royal nuisance to use. I'm sitting on like $1.5k CAD of Chord hardware that makes me want to break stuff every time I use it without exception. I don't know how to resolve this situation.

I will be selling the MojoPoly through Headfoneshop next weekend, a local Toronto headphone store. So if someone local is looking to snag one for a good price keep an eye there.

It's ridiculous that several months after the (late) official release I still prefer using a mid tier DAP over this clunky contraption simply because the ratio of listening to music to fiddling with my device is superior on the DAP...

I have to do this for my sanity but make no mistake, I still give props to Rob Watts for the brilliant work he does.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #6,735 of 18,821
You how with a DAP you can power it on quickly, plug in headphones press play and enjoy the music all under a minute from power on to music being heard? Has Poly been able to do that for anyone in the way a DAP can? You know how most people use their ipods, DAPs, smartphones and such, plug in headphones and press play, without fiddling with networks and pins and such.

I'm finding with Poly there are several other steps that sometimes behave consistently, sometimes not so building muscle memory around it is impossible. I tried to build a routine but the device often surprises me in the way it behaves with regards to network connectivity to A) the phone and B) the MPD/DLNA app, pin sometimes being required, sometimes not and finally the phone (iPhone X) having to be restarted to connect properly somtimes. I often find myself sitting there awkwardly waiting for music to play after I paused it for two minutes to have a conversation, or for no perceived reason whatsoever, and I have to go through like a troubleshooting procedure halfway through my relaxation session or worse yet on a crowded street in which case I have to completely abandon the idea, put the Poly and headphones in my bag and curse a little bit.

The way I see it Chord already got my money so I have purchased my right to complain about this device being a royal nuisance to use. I'm sitting on like $1.5k CAD of Chord hardware that makes me want to break stuff every time I use it without exception. I don't know how to resolve this situation.

I will be selling the MojoPoly through Headfoneshop next weekend, a local Toronto headphone store. So if someone local is looking to snag one for a good price keep an eye there.

It's ridiculous that several months after the (late) official release I still prefer using a mid tier DAP over this clunky contraption simply because the ratio of listening to music to fiddling with my device is superior on the DAP...

I have to do this for my sanity but make no mistake, I still give props to Rob Watts for the brilliant work he does.

Mine keeps loosing connection to bubble upnp/ak connect.

Definitely not plug and play

Users who are viewing this thread

Back