Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 9, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #6,691 of 18,752
The GoFigure app's icon will look like this.

Namnlös.jpg

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #6,692 of 18,752
Majority? I’m on my second Poly and I have never had to resort to anything like that to wake it up.

Well, that could mean you're in the minority then. But then again, you are on your "second" Poly.

The majority of "problem" posts I've been following here concerns the power on issue just as my Poly is experiencing. That's what I mean.

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #6,693 of 18,752
The majority of "problem" posts I've been following here concerns the power on issue just as my Poly is experiencing. That's what I mean.

Well, by coincidence, I charged my MojoPoly, as a unit, yesterday and - upon disconnecting power and switching them on - both were displaying blue lights indicating both were fully charged. When I came to switch it on this morning, my Poly wouldn't start at all. So I attached it to power and, sure enough, Poly fired up. What was odd though was that when I disconnected the power cable, Poly was blinking red light whilst Mojo was blue, so Poly had fully discharged itself in less than 24 hours.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have not had this happen before. It may not be related, but now Poly is taking several attempts to power up with Mojo. I have always had a slight concern about the Poly battery life since I learnt of the Poly being in an always on state.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #6,694 of 18,752
Well, by coincidence, I charged my MojoPoly, as a unit, yesterday and both were displaying blue lights indicating both were fully charged. When I came to switch it on this morning, my Poly wouldn't start at all. So I attached it to power and, sure enough, Poly fired up. What was odd though was that when I disconnected the power cable, Poly was blinking red light whilst Mojo was blue, so Poly had fully discharged itself in less than 24 hours.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have not had this happen before. It may not be related, but now Poly is taking several attempts to power up with Mojo. I have always had a slight concern about the Poly battery life since I learnt of the Poly being in an always on state.

I thought the fully charged was both white light - are you sure your charger is up to charging both together? if Poly charged OK on it's own and lasted OK, but not when both Mojo & Poly are done together, then I'd suspect the charger first.

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #6,695 of 18,752
Well, by coincidence, I charged my MojoPoly, as a unit, yesterday and both were displaying blue lights indicating both were fully charged. When I came to switch it on this morning, my Poly wouldn't start at all. So I attached it to power and, sure enough, Poly fired up. What was odd though was that when I disconnected the power cable, Poly was blinking red light whilst Mojo was blue, so Poly had fully discharged itself in less than 24 hours.

I have experienced exactly the same thing over the last week since the update. I have not had a single issue with using Poly before this.

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #6,696 of 18,752
Well, that could mean you're in the minority then. But then again, you are on your "second" Poly.

This power on issue is so big, that all other issues have taken a backseat.

Honestly, I do not remember which other issues I had because I have stopped using the Poly for more than a month now.

I rather use my Bose QC35 II than the Aeon + Poly despite the inferior sound to give you an idea how big this problem is with the Poly.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #6,697 of 18,752
I thought the fully charged was both white light - are you sure your charger is up to charging both together? if Poly charged OK on it's own and lasted OK, but not when both Mojo & Poly are done together, then I'd suspect the charger first.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. After charging, I disconnected the power supply and switched the MojoPoly on to check charge levels - I always do this just to be sure both are fully charged. When the devices powered on, they both showed solid blue lights, hence they were both fully charged at that point. I didn’t use them at all until next day whereupon Poly was flashing red.

I have edited my original post for clarity.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #6,699 of 18,752
Feb 9, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #6,700 of 18,752
@Malcyg
I had only one time this event. It was saturday after the new firmware. This week, i check each day and the Poly led was blue.
Before the new fw when Poly was cold i heat it in my hand and then it starts quickly.
Now if Poly is cold I connect it to a power bank and Poly start in 10 second.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #6,701 of 18,752
@Malcyg
I had only one time this event. It was saturday after the new firmware. This week, i check each day and the Poly led was blue.
Before the new fw when Poly was cold i heat it in my hand and then it starts quickly.
Now if Poly is cold I connect it to a power bank and Poly start in 10 second.

Thank you for the info. It seems to be working ok again, albeit that Poly is no longer firing up straight away like it used to. I’ve had such a trouble free run, I guess I was overdue a bit of grief. :beyersmile:

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #6,705 of 18,752
I've been really enjoying the latest Glider beta. Joe has greatly improved the stability when switching networks.

OTOH, I'm still really disappointed that there is still a known issue (as per Mitch @ support) on dropping off when switching WAPs. Last I heard, there is no timeline set to resolve this issue. Hoping @Matt Bartlett or @Mojo ideas might be able to shed some light on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back