Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #5,927 of 18,756
would it be too risky to buy a poly now if i were to use it just for streaming roon from my imac?

Maybe so just be aware of thr poly/mojo case, the wristband can break off mid use, i lost my mojo/Poly/case in a lake because of it ... Now I'm out of luck

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #5,928 of 18,756
jarnopp could you give me the main points to stream roon?

were you insured naive? that sucks bro

i'm listening to kirk whalum on sax with roon optical to imac it is amazing. if poly can improve that well? i was going to buy h2 next month and trade in mojo. with my pm1 mojo and roon are incredible. advice anyone? i may go and buy poly today.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #5,930 of 18,756
theres a shop 5 mins away with it in stock here in notts. will it beat optical thats the million dollar question. i only use it at home no mobile. everyone is praising the sq of mojo/poly streaming. tough choice

headfi rocks within minutes all the friends my cyber people at hand to help

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #5,931 of 18,756
would it be too risky to buy a poly now if i were to use it just for streaming roon from my imac?

I for one am too poor to use Roon so can't provide personal feedback. However there's a lot of Roon users here successfully pairing Poly with it. So I would say it's not too risky. Support from Chord and others on this forum have been good for those experiencing any sort of issue. I think Poly is a good buy since it comes with a built-in minigame component called "Will it Work Today or Not?" which is always fun. Not to mention owning a Poly now, pre GoFigure app, and using the Config Tool pin is an experience in itself. You will have stories to share with the grandchildren when they ask "what was the most frustrating time in your life, Grandpa/Grandma?"

In all seriousness tho', Poly is & will be a great device when all the kinks are worked out and that elusive app comes along.

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #5,932 of 18,756
jarnopp could you give me the main points to stream roon?

were you insured naive? that sucks bro

i'm listening to kirk whalum on sax with roon optical to imac it is amazing. if poly can improve that well? i was going to buy h2 next month and trade in mojo. with my pm1 mojo and roon are incredible. advice anyone? i may go and buy poly today.

Buy it on Amazon and if it doesn't work for your use case then you can return it within 30 days.

Not insured, but damn ... I lost everything, the Mojo /Poly /case.

The weight of the combo dropping to the lake unplugged my iems luckily.
It's depressing.

2nd

Amazon USA doesn't have Poly

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #5,933 of 18,756
my dealer here has reassured me i have 30 days to trial. if it works keep it otherwise no questions asked return. the only thing which concerns me is if it is worth trying it in the hope roon/poly will sound better than roon/optical? i don't have mobile needs or round the house i sit at my desk and listen. however there must be a dozen reports here stating poly has elevated the sound quality of mojo (when streaming). interesting times...ummm

this was triggered by just how good kirk whalum on sax sounded with optical earlier today. i realised mojo is not to be underestimated when compared to dacs higher up in the chord chain. my mojo can easily beat more expensive desktop rigs. i also had some bugs with h2 last summer which was returned. my mojo experience has been very good so far apart from my oppo pm1 jack needing adjusting to fit 3.5mm mojo connector. the mojo cable pack with adaptor should fix that. has anyone tried to use the mojo headphone adaptor? i have 24 hrs to educate myself on all matters poly as my dealer needs an answer soon!!:L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #5,934 of 18,756
Hi MK,

At this point I am pretty much using my MojoPoly with Roon and Glider, mostly the former as I am using it in place of a big can system I recently got rid of and wanted a strictly portable replacement both for the road, travel and home.

First the good. I personally think, the SQ is the best my Mojo has sounded since I got it. IMHO a real step up. When it is working it is a real pleasure.

The bad. While, for some reason, I have not experienced a "big problem" over the last 10 days, I did have many dropouts, start and stops. I have no idea why, but in the last 10 days (fingers crossed) I haven't had any issues, with the exception of DXD, which is a big burden for any wireless streamer. I am using an EERO network, and have 9 units in a mesh network throughout my house. I have noticed, that sometimes the Poly would connect at 5Ghz but usually as the 2.4Ghz required protocol. I am not sure if that was/is the issue. Apparently, the EERO "learns" with time, best pipeline, etc with time and "maybe" that is why I am not experiencing any issue of late. There are people with a more sophisticated network than mine, including a Meraki, that were experinceng similar issue where the Poly would connect as 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz as well, but with that system, I hear you can set up a dedicated profile for you Poly for a 2.4Ghz connection only. I am not sure if this is "the issue" with those of us experiencing streaming issues with Roon, but a firmware update on the Poly only allowing 2.4Ghz connections might be "a fix". Not sure.

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #5,935 of 18,756
is the 2.4 update your idea or something chord have said they will do? my virgin hub has lights on for 2.4 and 5. cheers mk i have 30 days money back so i'll try.

is our new friend cookie having problems?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #5,936 of 18,756
is the 2.4 update your idea or something chord have said they will do? my virgin hub has lights on for 2.4 and 5. cheers mk

is our new friend cookie having problems?

No I have not heard this addressed, other than by myself with an EERO and others with a Meraki. I have not seen or heard whether this is something Chord can do in a firmware upgrade. I was just posting that some of us who are/were experiencing issues, noticed that connections at 2.4 and 5 were occurring and may be the source of an issue. Right now, my Poly has been connecting at 2.4Ghz (as I said, the EERO "learns") and my issues are much less, almost non-existent, except for a brief stutter upon starting a DSD256.

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #5,937 of 18,756
i only use 16/44 roon occasionally masters so hopefully poly would cope. i'm very grateful for the amount of feedback/help within 10mins from everyone. if i order a poly can i be assured that all of these other issues will eventually be sorted by chord to the full. finally which mojos had problems turning poly on/off. i bought my mojo 3/4 months ago?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #5,938 of 18,756
Not insured, but damn ... I lost everything, the Mojo /Poly /case.

The weight of the combo dropping to the lake unplugged my iems luckily.
It's depressing.

I recommend Poly Case v2.0 comes with a built-in flotation device. And a GoFloat app. I hope John & Matt see this.

Sorry for your loss. :frowning2:

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #5,940 of 18,756
Thanks for the reply. We normally use a Google Pixel and Motorola Moto G for our shows and testing and they work well. One of our guys here has a Samsung Note 8 so I'll ask him to try as well.

Matt, I am experiencing the same with my HTC 10 (7.0). The BubbluUPnP keeps crashing once every 10 mins. M.A.L.P is quite good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back