Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #5,956 of 18,800
after reading the manual can i turn my ipad mini on to connect poly to my network then turn the ipad off. i will be using my mac for roon which is hardwired?

Yes, you can.

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #5,957 of 18,800
Maybe so just be aware of thr poly/mojo case, the wristband can break off mid use, i lost my mojo/Poly/case in a lake because of it ... Now I'm out of luck

That's really bad. The wrist strap must be to easy to disconnect. The first time I used my case was for a trip. I place Mojo/Poly/Case in my pocket. I exited the airplane and walked through the terminal to another gate and boarded an airplane. Sat down and reached for Poly/Mojo/Case and the strap was MIA. I have no idea how it was lost. After reading @NaiveSound 's experience, maybe I am lucky to have lost the strap without loosing my Mojo/Poly.

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #5,958 of 18,800
That's really bad. The wrist strap must be to easy to disconnect. The first time I used my case was for a trip. I place Mojo/Poly/Case in my pocket. I exited the airplane and walked through the terminal to another gate and boarded an airplane. Sat down and reached for Poly/Mojo/Case and the strap was MIA. I have no idea how it was lost. After reading @NaiveSound 's experience, maybe I am lucky to have lost the strap without loosing my Mojo/Poly.

You are very very lucky i am devestated, I was in the process of creating a YouTube review and instructional on use with pc/mac/android/iPhone

I loved it so much .... Truly a big loss. I don't have $ for another bundle...

I wish it was a better built case? Or maybe it was a secluded isolated incident?

But like you..... It's shocking.

Just wish I could get help in these ssituations

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #5,959 of 18,800
I recommend Poly Case v2.0 comes with a built-in flotation device. And a GoFloat app. I hope John & Matt see this.

Sorry for your loss. :frowning2:

The way to insure that they will see it is include @Matt Bartlett and @Mojo ideas in the post. Thanks for providing a little light-hearted humor. We need to lighten up once in a while.

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #5,960 of 18,800
You are very very lucky i am devestated, I was in the process of creating a YouTube review and instructional on use with pc/mac/android/iPhone

I loved it so much .... Truly a big loss. I don't have $ for another bundle...

I wish it was a better built case? Or maybe it was a secluded isolated incident?

But like you..... It's shocking.

Just wish I could get help in these ssituations

Yes that is a big loss. Maybe we should start a fund for lost Mojo's. I'd be willing to contribute.

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #5,961 of 18,800

My strap went missing, while I was visiting Audio Sanctuary (my dealers). Luckily, they had a spare one..

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #5,962 of 18,800
Maybe Chord should look into a way to get MojoPoly water resistant like the current Samsung and iPhone's are.

Can you imagine taking a walk outside and suddenly it starts pouring outside, sure you can put MojoPoly away in your pocket but there is a chance water will still get in and damage the sensitive electronics.

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #5,964 of 18,800
WowW.. You got it dobe right I'm happy it was resolved.

I unfortunately am stuck with a wristband no body wants to help either as far as manufacturers go
I’m really not too happy about that the above statement. You seem to have a rather short memory Eduard, you may recall we at Chord helped you considerably the last time you had problems with your Mojo. I’m very disappointed that our considerable help and generosity didn’t leave a lasting impression and now. you feel you have to imply we owe you more. You know full well this is not the first time you’ve tried to wangle freebies from us. I’m Also a little surprised that we haven’t already heard a great deal from you on this thread concerning actually using a Poly.

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #5,965 of 18,800
I’m really not too happy about that the above statement. You seem to have a rather short memory Eduard, you may recall we at Chord helped you considerably the last time you had problems with your Mojo. I’m very disappointed that our considerable help and generosity didn’t leave a lasting impression and now. you feel you have to imply we owe you more. You know full well this is not the first time you’ve tried to wangle freebies from us. I’m Also a little surprised that we haven’t already heard a great deal from you on this thread concerning actually using a Poly.

I appreciate all that Chord has done to help me with mojo repairs, and the general awesome customer service I didn't have poly for long at all. I lost it while writinn and shooting the YouTube review.
I dont know who makes the case, the poly/mojo worked fine it's the case thst messed up, specifically the wrist band.

I neant no attack on chord at all. I sure would like to talk to the manufacturer of the case in China or wherever.

Its no one's fault I lurk in the Mojo and popo threads daily and rarely hear problems.

Again to be clear i loved mojo/poly and Chord in general I'm a fan and i appreappre what Mr John Franks and Mr Matt have helped me with mojo repairs

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #5,966 of 18,800
hello john hope you are well. i am taking home a poly tomorrow on a trial and would like to know if charging whilst playing is ok with mojo/poly? for eg as i use it at home with roon at my desk can i leave it plugged in and does mojopoly charge once switched off and then will the charger switch off once fully charged similarly to mojo/hugo 2 charge cycle. thanks mk//if anyone can help me here?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #5,967 of 18,800
Don't laugh but I need a lesson on how best to open a Poly/Mojo case. I like the case. I think it's very protective. Is it worth $110? I guess if it saves Mojo and Poly from damage and wear, I suppose so. My problem with it is that the latch mechanism, on mine at least, is so tight and secure that I have a great deal of difficulty opening the case when I want to take it off. There exists the possibility that I am doing it all wrong. I can't open it by hand. I need to use a flat-bladed screwdriver to push on the little tab on the lid that fits into the body of the case. Am I just not understanding how to open the case? What do you all do to open it? Maybe one of @JeremyLaurenson 's excellent videos would help. He could call it "Poly/Mojo case opening for dummies."

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #5,968 of 18,800
Did anyone wrist wrap break off the poly case mid use? I lost poly/moko/case because of it

reverse the order of the sentences to show priority?

I'm thinking that losing a Mojo DAC AMP, with Poly along with the case, would be the priority; not asking a question about "anyone else?" as if to shift responsibility to manufacturer.

Its like asking, "Anyone recommend some nice walking shoes? While out walking last night, I got knifed and am in the hospital, near death, recovering from surgery..." :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #5,969 of 18,800

Still don't understand how a professional business owner can talk to customers this way and think it's alright. I'm not saying the guy should receive a new Mojo/Poly combo because his case broke, just bad luck it seems. But, there's a much better way to respond to your customers than this. Preferably one that doesn't come off so callous and dismissive.

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #5,970 of 18,800
roon plays tidal flac 44.1/16 files. when roon streams from my mac to poly is it an exact copy of the 44.1/16 flac tidal file and if so how is this possible by radio wave transmission. or is the poly roon streamed file inferior ie i'm not listening to full tidal lossless flac?

connecting to roon seems very easy thanks jarnopp.

Yes, if you've selected bit perfect in roon (no dsp or volume control) it will be bit perfect. Even with higher resolution files, if you have them on your network. Tidal is very well integrated into Roon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back