Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #5,941 of 18,752
Hi Chris - no Poly doesn't drop off Network using M.A.L.P - just with Bubble and only when its playing files from its own SD card. Its not a router issue - I've tested this with several routers/networks as well as using phone's (Samsung Note 8) own mobile hotspot.

Ok thanks for the info. I will keep testing today and see if I get similar results. I got about half way through an album last night before it stopped playing.

Also when you say drop's off the network does that mean you can't see it in Bubble UPnP or its booted completely from the network and has a rapid blinking blue P.status light on the Poly?

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #5,942 of 18,752
just switched to dt880 600 ohm as pm1 retires till mojo adaptor cable bundle arrives// ball on whitey purple driving that 600. listening to kirk whalum perform the babyface songbook can we talk track no 2 on optical. tenor sax is floating around my room dt880 so open and poly arrives tomorrow 4pm. please angels stream poly/roon with no pitfalls and make it sound the very best.:8ball:

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #5,945 of 18,752
hi max long time no talk. that is just the kind of feedback i'm lovin to hear...:) apart from the obvious wireless implications what do you think is causing this improvement in mojo/poly streaming SQ that has been reported many times?

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #5,948 of 18,752
listen to this naive. i'm listening to my second mojo now. i had preordered h2 with bugs last summer. i then bought my first mojo. i had my fan on it was a hot day. at the same time the painters were doing the house doors outside. i live in a house with pvt flats. he opened my door to do it and the fan caused the paint which was oil based to spray right onto my new mojo and covered it in paint droplets. he then offered to get turpentine like strong alcohol to wipe mojo all clean!!! i went mad so boss turns up with cash and new mojo same day!!!

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #5,949 of 18,752
hi max long time no talk. that is just the kind of feedback i'm lovin to hear...:) apart from the obvious wireless implications what do you think is causing this improvement in mojo/poly streaming SQ that has been reported many times?

The improvements are probably because of the short signal path and Roon's bit-perfect audio optimized playback. Roon sounds much better than either Bluetooth or Airplay, the only competitive playback solution would have to be DLNA with music either on the phone or on Poly's SD card. I have not heard Poly when music is stored on the SD card internally but I'm pretty sure it would sound as good if not better than music stored on the phone streamed to Poly.

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #5,950 of 18,752
Very happy MojoPoly user today. For the first time I decided to stream in my home office as I would be in all day. I charged them both overnight. Poly didn't start immediately, but powering Mojo off then on again kicked it into life (I've noticed it do that a few times)
It connected to the WLAN automatically, wasn't sure if it would as my router firmware updated last night to patch the WPA2 KRACK vulnerability. Annoyingly the only device in the house, my work laptop had connection issues.
MojoPoly has been driving my office speakers all day from my NAS using the Bubble app. Not one dropout (which is how it should be).
The Mojo power LED is flashing, so all about to come to an end for today.
Looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow.

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #5,951 of 18,752
jarnopp could you give me the main points to stream roon?

were you insured naive? that sucks bro

i'm listening to kirk whalum on sax with roon optical to imac it is amazing. if poly can improve that well? i was going to buy h2 next month and trade in mojo. with my pm1 mojo and roon are incredible. advice anyone? i may go and buy poly today.

Sure, musickid
1) connect Poly to your network (lots of info her and n the manual on that)
2) go into hotspot mode (currently by using pin, soon by using the Chord app) and select "Roon mode"
3) save and reboot (options on the Poly wifi hotspot page)
4) select Poly as a Roon endpoint from your Roon core and play as you would to any other endpoint.

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #5,952 of 18,752
roon plays tidal flac 44.1/16 files. when roon streams from my mac to poly is it an exact copy of the 44.1/16 flac tidal file and if so how is this possible by radio wave transmission. or is the poly roon streamed file inferior ie i'm not listening to full tidal lossless flac?

connecting to roon seems very easy thanks jarnopp.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #5,953 of 18,752
listen to this naive. i'm listening to my second mojo now. i had preordered h2 with bugs last summer. i then bought my first mojo. i had my fan on it was a hot day. at the same time the painters were doing the house doors outside. i live in a house with pvt flats. he opened my door to do it and the fan caused the paint which was oil based to spray right onto my new mojo and covered it in paint droplets. he then offered to get turpentine like strong alcohol to wipe mojo all clean!!! i went mad so boss turns up with cash and new mojo same day!!!

WowW.. You got it dobe right I'm happy it was resolved.

I unfortunately am stuck with a wristband no body wants to help either as far as manufacturers go

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #5,954 of 18,752
after reading the manual can i turn my ipad mini on to connect poly to my network then turn the ipad off. i will be using my mac for roon which is hardwired?

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #5,955 of 18,752
WowW.. You got it dobe right I'm happy it was resolved.

I unfortunately am stuck with a wristband no body wants to help either as far as manufacturers go

I sympathise with what happened but what do you expect Chord (or anyone else for that matter) do? I had a similar thing happen with an expensive camera- the handle of its case snapped and the camera broke.

You can’t expect a manufacturer to step in and take a loss due to a customer carrying their product in a certain way in an environment like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back