Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #5,911 of 18,784
Delighted to report that Poly has worked over office wifi with glider two days running, and using its own hotspot last night at a hotel (I couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle of adding the hotel wifi just for one night). So I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #5,912 of 18,784
Hey @Mightygrey - M.A.L.P on Android is playing gaplessly no problem. It's the only working solution I've found so far.
Does that mean I have to put the Poly into hotspot mode in order to use mpd (meaning I can't use my phone to connect to the net/4g)?

God damn this is frustrating.

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #5,913 of 18,784
Does that mean I have to put the Poly into hotspot mode in order to use mpd (meaning I can't use my phone to connect to the net/4g)?

God damn this is frustrating.
No - I make the phone itself make a hotspot when out and about, or just connect to home network when at home. You have to tell M.A.L.P the IP address of Poly, so I assign it a fixed IP at home and the phone hotspot seems to always assign it the same one, and then have 2 profiles in M.A.L.P. Sounds more of a faff than it actually is, but I wouldn't exactly describe it as being for the mass market! (Whoever thought of putting ads in Underground stations is having a right larf I reckon).

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #5,914 of 18,784
No - I make the phone itself make a hotspot when out and about, or just connect to home network when at home. You have to tell M.A.L.P the IP address of Poly, so I assign it a fixed IP at home and the phone hotspot seems to always assign it the same one, and then have 2 profiles in M.A.L.P. Sounds more of a faff than it actually is, but I wouldn't exactly describe it as being for the mass market! (Whoever thought of putting ads in Underground stations is having a right larf I reckon).
Ahh I see. If it's not too much trouble, on the "edit profile" screen, what exactly would I enter in each field for, say, my home wifi or mobile hotspot network in

- host name or IP - my poly's name?
- port - 6600?
- password - my wifi password?

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #5,915 of 18,784
Ahh I see. If it's not too much trouble, on the "edit profile" screen, what exactly would I enter in each field for, say, my home wifi or mobile hotspot network in

- host name or IP - my poly's name?
- port - 6600?
- password - my wifi password?
Put your Poly's IP address in and that's it - no password required!

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #5,916 of 18,784
Put your Poly's IP address in and that's it - no password required!
Would that be Matty_G_Poly:local (my poly's name being Matty_G_Poly)? Thanks mate!

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #5,918 of 18,784
Sorry to be a pain again, but how do I find that out? Jesus, how did they expect to advertise this and expect the average music-enjoying commuter to ever make it work...

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #5,919 of 18,784
Being on Android I never got that myname.local trick to work. You put in 192.168.xx.xx etc whatever address the router has assigned the Poly when it logged on.
Never mind the robot lady told me. Success! I've finally been able to get gapless playback FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE OCTOBER. What an absolute shambles.

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #5,920 of 18,784
I'd suggest making that a fixed IP if you can to avoid having to refer back to the robot lady when/if it disappears from M.A.L.P cos it's been assigned something different on next boot.
Yeah it's not exactly plain sailing is it!

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #5,921 of 18,784
Still having issues, still only stays connected to glider for 30 seconds (same for media centre too), this is using my own WiFi, I have forced it to its own 2g only WiFi network.

Even using Poly's own hotspot its the same, well kind of, i Start playing, then immediately goes to music offline, and glider starts searching and finds nothing, meanwhile Poly is still playing.
Strangely enough glider still tracks the track its on, and poly carries on playing, glider also says this device is not capable of playing this song, and lest me ship tracks lol

Poly 1.0.10
Glider 1.70.14

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #5,923 of 18,784
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #5,924 of 18,784
Lol. No.

The app is apparently called "GoFigure". May as well call it MissingInAction.

I'm not convinced that that will be the name for the App. A much more likely conversation would have been...

"Matt, what are we calling the Poly App, and when will it be ready?"
"Go Figure, John"
"Great idea Matt, I'll give that to marketing straight away"

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #5,925 of 18,784
would it be too risky to buy a poly now if i were to use it just for streaming roon from my imac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back