Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #4,621 of 18,829
Again, thanks jarnopp.

When doing the network settings, does successful "save" (rather than "failed to...") indicate that it is actually connected to wifi properly?

would this then be solid blue?

yes--solid blue means it's connected to a wi-fi network

Poly will not show up as wi-fi network on your iOS devices or MacBook but it will show up as an Airplay device in your audio out settings

it will also show up in ROON as an Airplay device (Poly doesn't need to be in ROON mode to be seen an an output device in ROON--but ROON mode allows higher bit rates and DSD)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #4,622 of 18,829
Thanks. This is better than "karma will fix it"

regarding password: there is a "key" on the back of the router, besides the actual password we entered. Would "key" do it?

Everything seems to work, as it saves, but only blinking blue.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #4,625 of 18,829
Do you run both 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi on your Netgear R9000?
Since there is no log or feedback from Poly, I cannot find out WHY it refuses to connect to my wifi network.
I consider to buy an old 2,4Ghz router dedicated for Poly but it will make my netwrok more complicated and quite a 'stupid' way to solve this problem :frowning2:

Yes I run 2.4 and 5.0. That is no problem for any other device on my network including other DLNA servers I have tried,

A user shouldn't have to set-up an isolated network for Poly. That defeats the whole purpose of networking. Roon, for example must be on the same network. A NFS disk must be on the same network. It would also not work for my Poly because that's what an iPhone hotspot network is (eg an isolated network) and my Poly cannot cope with that either. It's easy enough for Chord to say the problem is user networks, and I'm sure sometimes it is but there are enough problems reported here to conclude that some them are at Chord's end. The fact that we are told there will be two more firmware updates acknowledges those problems. We have been told that there are thousands of happy users and that reports of problems are skewed on the forums because it is largely people with problems that seek help by posting. That's probably true. You don't see a lot of reviews being posted. One has to wonder, however, if these problems are due solely to firmware, user incompetence, and difficult routers and networks. Maybe there are a few malfunctioning Polys out there too. In this regard Chord's position is somewhat logical. Fix the firmware and software and then see where we stand. I'm looking forward to the firmware updates. Soon I hope, but it's better to get it right than to hurry and do it wrong.

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #4,626 of 18,829
@Peter Hyatt

what is your SSID?

and you're sure the password you are entering into the Poly wi-fi settings during access mode is correct?

are you broadcasting in 2.4ghz (i.e., not only 5ghz)?

have you tried deleting the network from the wi-fi network list and adding it again?

SSID: DG860A62

I even called the internet provider to verify 2.4 and even the password. It is accurate.

I have deleted the other networks.

Everything goes through and it is left blinking blue. the internet service is fine.

We named the network "Hyatt" and the internet provider service said that it comes up as this name, rather than the number, and verified the password.

We've tried it both ways, upper and lower case, etc, with all sorts of combinations.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #4,627 of 18,829
After using firmware 1.6 and connecting Poly to my iPhone hotspot for few days, I found some issues

1) Neutron app : Select output to Poly does not work. Playback always goes to iPhone.
2) Salem app and 8Player app : Cover arts do not show up,

Any suggestions please?

I haven't tried Neutron or Salem but 8Player works for me. The lost cover art is a known bug that has been posted here previously. If you're not seeing cover art from files stored on an mSD chip in the Poly, remove the chip and delete the database files "dlna-sdfree.dat", "files.db", and "mpd.db". Poly will recreate those with cover art when it restarts. At least that's what works for me.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #4,628 of 18,829
The internet provider ran a diagnostic so I could verify 2.4 was running.

They also said that the router SSID is officially the name we gave it, rather than the number on the back of the router. This is what showed up on the diagnostic test. They also verified upper case v lower case.

I also went carefully through Chord's video, the other tutorials at youtube and Distributor's directions here: http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/edit/files/poly_need_to_know.pdf It is clear and easy to understand.

I have entered the SSID number, and then tried the rename, and various combinations (I renamed Mypoly)

I have a router here not in use and set it up, got its SSID number and password but without success.

My thought was that I must be missing something terribly simple.

any other ideas?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #4,629 of 18,829

They also said that the router SSID is officially the name we gave it, rather than the number on the back of the router. This is what showed up on the diagnostic test. They also verified upper case v lower case.

I also went carefully through Chord's video, the other tutorials at youtube and Distributor's directions here: http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/edit/files/poly_need_to_know.pdf It is clear and easy to understand.

I have entered the SSID number, and then tried the rename, and various combinations (I renamed Mypoly)

I have a router here not in use and set it up, got its SSID number and password but without success.

Or not! Maybe it's Poly's fault. All you should have to do is put in a valid name and password. Save. Make sure Other is checked. Save and reboot. When Mojo/Poly is turned on you should eventually see blue flashes followed by a solid blue light. You should be on the network at that point. If that is not the case you should speak to Chord directly. In my experience, they are very helpful and responsive.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #4,630 of 18,829

any other ideas?

Peter, are you able to connect to a hotspot on your iPhone? Turn on Personal Hotspot on your iPhone and enter those credentials in Poly and see if you can connect. That will rule out a problem with Poly. If it works, you can use that method for playing for now with 8 Player and Tidal. Then test on another Wi-Fi network when you can.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #4,631 of 18,829
Peter, are you able to connect to a hotspot on your iPhone? Turn on Personal Hotspot on your iPhone and enter those credentials in Poly and see if you can connect. That will rule out a problem with Poly. If it works, you can use that method for playing for now with 8 Player and Tidal. Then test on another Wi-Fi network when you can.

Thank you. Same response, though.

Another question: I don't have Roon. If I went to another location and connected via their wifi, would this "set up" remain so that I can use the SD card in locations where there is no wifi signal?

We go to our son's hockey games and there is often no wifi signal, which made Poly so attractive. In tournaments, it means many hours at the rink. It is nice to put in IEM to hear music over parents.

PS: Poly tested by BlueBird in Colorado and said no problem connecting.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #4,632 of 18,829
Thank you. Same response, though.

Another question: I don't have Roon. If I went to another location and connected via their wifi, would this "set up" remain so that I can use the SD card in locations where there is no wifi signal?

We go to our son's hockey games and there is often no wifi signal, which made Poly so attractive. In tournaments, it means many hours at the rink. It is nice to put in IEM to hear music over parents.

yes "Other" handles both at home DLNA server on your wifi as well as DLNA server with your iOS Personal Hotspot feature--then you'd be able to connect to the SD card via Glider, etc

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #4,633 of 18,829
Perhaps I should go to local coffee shop and see if I can set up poly there??

If that would suffice, it would be fine with me.

The local coffee shop does not use a password.

Would it still work?

and...do I check "other" "bit perfect" AND personal hotspot?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #4,634 of 18,829
Hmm... first day i had to “jump start” the poly by plugging in. Then immediately removed charger and is running fine and IS charged.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #4,635 of 18,829
Try this video

Thank you, but i but ive seen that one, its iPhone not Android.
I do have an iphone also, but where i got lost was actually setting up the iphone / network in the first place.
Like i said, im phone useless, no experience other than calling folks!

My main phone is Android, i don't particularly want to cary the iphone also, plus its only 16gb.

A member has just messaged me with the page number, thank you.

If i need any more help if im still lost after reading the recommended post, ill pop back, cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back