Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #4,606 of 18,835
Poly on, with TIDAL connecting via blue tooth to iPhone.

I purchased 8 player.

It does not show poly as an option.

I don't recall what boxes I checked beyond "other" in first signing on poly to wifi. (too many sign in combinations and attempts).

Can I reach the poly "settings" without having to re-do the initial procedure to connect to wifi?

Or, is there something else I need to try to get to 8 player?

After this, I will move on to SD card. I am hesitant to have to start again since I have poly paired with iPhone's Tidal.

thanks...

Try force quitting 8 Player and opening again. Refreshing the DLNA servers should find Poly on your network (blue circular arrows under “servers” from the main menu. This happened to me last night for some reason.

Also, (for Matt) Poly seems reluctant to turn on since 1.06. Most often I have to pull Poly and Mojo apart and reconnect. It seems the Mojo power ball will indicate if Poly is turning on and will connect to WiFi: if it stays on, Poly is not on, but if it goes out, Poly will connect. Can you confirm if the power on issue is being addressed and also the visual clues of status? Thanks!

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #4,607 of 18,835
Matt,

Yes, blue tooth off, and SD card in, but "Play On" does not offer anything but iPhone. Refreshed. Forced restart too.

Can I return to the initial poly settings to make sure I checked the proper boxes? I chose "other" but do not recall if I checked others. I used so many combos that I lost track.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #4,608 of 18,835
They will be available very soon. Van Nuys advised us that they had shipped to us this week.

Just best guess for USA? Or should i just factor UK + 3 weeks. It looks really good. Hey... maybe a free one for the last 1000 of the first 4000 who have been in this for the long haul. Sorry... just couldn’t resist.

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #4,609 of 18,835
After using firmware 1.6 and connecting Poly to my iPhone hotspot for few days, I found some issues

1) Neutron app : Select output to Poly does not work. Playback always goes to iPhone.
2) Salem app and 8Player app : Cover arts do not show up,

Any suggestions please?

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #4,610 of 18,835
I would like to access Poly Settings to make sure I checked the appropriate boxes.

In the pull down for Wifi, Poly does not show up as an option since I connected yesterday. 2 iPhones, 1 MacBook Pro.

It is pairing nicely with iPhone to play TIDAL.

Is this normal for poly to no longer show up in wifi?

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #4,611 of 18,835
Thanks!

I had tried your method and now bluetooth (blue light) is blinking all the way instead of blinking for a few second. But the connection for bluetooth disconnect after a few second then cannot connect again even though the poly blue light is blinking.

Poly and Samsung help!

IF the p.status is blinking that is good. The Poly is in default mode.
It will blink until it found à well configured ( for it) connection by wifi or by hotspot.
but it will blink if connected with wifi, not well configured for it, until you will delete it in its memory.

Have try to connect with the hotspot of your S8?
1. Actived it.
On my S3 the default Wifi name is AndroidAP passname: cmzz9234
You will see yours when you will try to use the hotspot of your S8.

ON MY S3
I go on the menu connexions
I sélect more network
I sélect Point d'Acces et modem
Share the data connection of your S3 via usb,wifi or bluetooth

I Turn on the accès point.
I receve the message"The activation of the pointwill disconnect the wifi." push OK
I receve the message: Point d'acces wifi AndroidAP actif

When you will have done that, we go further.

2. CONFIGURE A CONNECTION IN THE POLY WITH Your Hotspot PARAMETERS.

Reboot the Poly and the Poly status will not blinking and will stay blue When your hotspot is actif.

IF YOU have another wifi connection, than the hotspot, configured in your Poly then Poly connect to it so you have to kill it.
In my home, I have 3 wifi and Poly chooses the ones it wants.
But 2 of them are not in the legal channel 1 to 11.
So to Be sure that Poly connects with the hotspot of my smartphone i turn off my 3 wifi or i go in the car or in the garden.
When i had started, i had configured my 3 wifi in the Poly. It was the wrong way.
Poly stay connected with one bad configured.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #4,612 of 18,835
I would like to access Poly Settings to make sure I checked the appropriate boxes.

In the pull down for Wifi, Poly does not show up as an option since I connected yesterday. 2 iPhones, 1 MacBook Pro.

It is pairing nicely with iPhone to play TIDAL.

Is this normal for poly to no longer show up in wifi?

You won’t see Poly as a Wi-Fi option (Poly-xxxxxx) in your IPhone Wi-Fi connections unless she is in hotspot mode (blue and green blinking p status). You want Poly to be in DLNA/other mode. Solid blue p status. But, if you think you may be in Roon mode, use the config pin for 5 seconds to put Poly into hotspot mode, then log into Wi-Fi, and check other mode and “reboot on save” to put int other mode.

Try restarting 8 player and scanning for the DLNA server and you should see the chord poly icon. Click on that. Then, you can also select Poly as renderer when playing and you should be good to go!

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #4,613 of 18,835
A single press of the key "DLNA mode" is announced by poly. three blinks confirmed the SD card. Blue tooth is off. 8 player restarted.

no choice beside iPhone for "Play On" and no recognition of DLNA, SMB, FTP.

Poly is blinking blue.

I can, from here, connect TIDAL via bluetooth.

General question: do we need to use the pin to manually go to DLNA mode regularly?

thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #4,614 of 18,835
A single press of the key "DLNA mode" is announced by poly. three blinks confirmed the SD card. Blue tooth is off. 8 player restarted.

no choice beside iPhone for "Play On" and no recognition of DLNA, SMB, FTP.

Poly is blinking blue.

I can, from here, connect TIDAL via bluetooth.

General question: do we need to use the pin to manually go to DLNA mode regularly?

thank you.

If Poly is blinking blue, then it’s not connected to your network. Maybe try turning off Bluetooth (edit: I see you’ve already turned Bluetooth off. Make sure you have network setting entered correctly in Poly.). But, when you do get a network connection, the p status light will be solid, not blinking.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #4,615 of 18,835
If Poly is blinking blue, then it’s not connected to your network. Maybe try turning off Bluetooth (edit: I see you’ve already turned Bluetooth off. Make sure you have network setting entered correctly in Poly.). But, when you do get a network connection, the p status light will be solid, not blinking.

first, thanks for taking the time to answer.

next:

Interesting. This is one of those basic questions that I struggle to understand.

Where I am now: blue blinking incessant, but can still connect to blue tooth/Tidal.

Remedy?

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #4,616 of 18,835
Perhaps he's been inundated with customers seeking help? I'd imagine that he didn't expect that the product would be so flaky for many people and is now having to subsidise this unanticipated support load.

I think it's always good to consider the other person's point of view,

after hours of struggling to get it working, mailing it out, waiting 2 weeks more, reading through 300+ pages here, watching tutorial videos, getting it back and then struggling for more hours but failing to get it working, perhaps the most useless post is the morally superior one that offers no technical assistance.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #4,617 of 18,835
first, thanks for taking the time to answer.

next:

Interesting. This is one of those basic questions that I struggle to understand.

Where I am now: blue blinking incessant, but can still connect to blue tooth/Tidal.

Remedy?

I think you need to go back to square one with your home network. Bluetooth will not give you the ultimate flexibility and quality you can get with Poly.

Make sure your network SSID has not special characters or spaces and is visible. Then try going into Poly (hotspot mode) and renaming its SSID to something else, like MyPoly2. Set up Poly to connect to your Wi-Fi. Reboot and save. You should be in network (DLNA)mode and when Poly reboots, it should connect to your Wi-Fi. Then, try 8 Player again (but first force quit it AND power off/on your iPhone. Good luck!

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4,618 of 18,835
I think you need to go back to square one with your home network. Bluetooth will not give you the ultimate flexibility and quality you can get with Poly.

Make sure your network SSID has not special characters or spaces and is visible. Then try going into Poly (hotspot mode) and renaming its SSID to something else, like MyPoly2. Set up Poly to connect to your Wi-Fi. Reboot and save. You should be in network (DLNA)mode and when Poly reboots, it should connect to your Wi-Fi. Then, try 8 Player again (but first force quit it AND power off/on your iPhone. Good luck!

Again, thanks jarnopp.

When doing the network settings, does successful "save" (rather than "failed to...") indicate that it is actually connected to wifi properly?

would this then be solid blue?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #4,619 of 18,835
after hours of struggling to get it working, mailing it out, waiting 2 weeks more, reading through 300+ pages here, watching tutorial videos, getting it back and then struggling for more hours but failing to get it working, perhaps the most useless post is the morally superior one that offers no technical assistance.

Actually, being morally superior is a pretty good place to be. Let's say I was just trying to encourage you in attaining the same level.

I sense real pain in your posts. Have you thought that maybe you should just return the Poly and wait until it is more stable?

Spend some time listening to your Hugo 2 and get your Karma back!

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #4,620 of 18,835
Poly on, with TIDAL connecting via blue tooth to iPhone.

I purchased 8 player.

It does not show poly as an option.

I don't recall what boxes I checked beyond "other" in first signing on poly to wifi. (too many sign in combinations and attempts).

Can I reach the poly "settings" without having to re-do the initial procedure to connect to wifi?

Or, is there something else I need to try to get to 8 player?

Since updating to 1.6 8player only seems to see Poly for me when in Poly hotspot mode. If Poly is connected to my home network or phone hotspot it doesn’t appear. Glider can see Poly fine though. I find Glider to work much better with Poly (and it’s a got a far better UI).

I’ve tried deleting, reinstalling, restating but still the same behaviour.

Might be worth trying Glider for free is 8player problems persist...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back