Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 8, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,591 of 18,757
He did not answer my request for the 5 minutes on the phone, but he did refer me to the instructing manual and how his tech got it working there.

He just lost a customer.

Perhaps he's been inundated with customers seeking help? I'd imagine that he didn't expect that the product would be so flaky for many people and is now having to subsidise this unanticipated support load.

I think it's always good to consider the other person's point of view,

Dec 8, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #4,592 of 18,757
I got it to play TIDAL today and listened for a few hours while working.

My wife came home and I said, "let me show you...your poly works!"

It will not connect to blue tooth, nor does it come up in Wifi pull down. Back to the drawing board.
I think it will work out

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #4,593 of 18,757
Yes, my SSID shows in other device and I can connect with same password. But Poly doesn't want to connect to it and keep flashing blue on P status led :frowning2:

If it's any consolation, connecting to your network doesn't guarantee success. My Poly quite consistently joins my network (Netgear R9000 router and Poly 3-4m from the router). Network scans show that it's online and that it is making MPD and DNLA services available. It will sometimes play a track or two before it drops the connection. If Poly reconnects and offers services, player software can no longer get Poly''s attention and resume playing. No other devices on my network misbehave; it is in fact quite a stable and trouble free network. DNLA and MPD are not useable Poly modes on my network or on my cellphone hotspot on which Poly behaves almost as poorly as it does on my home network. Bluetooth and Poly as a hotspot work marginally. It's hard for me to see how a firmware/software update is going to improve this but I would love to be wrong about that since Mojo/Poly sounds great and is a really neat concept.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #4,594 of 18,757
Undoubtably we’ve had issues to fix but only some these were expected, however we could only access the necessary feedback info in the way the products release was carried out. As we’d tried to get user feedback from an earlier sample release from our distributors it didn’t generate anything of note.

This is literally the definition of beta testing.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #4,596 of 18,757
2 week ago when i start with Poly and Android because i had configured Wifi first. Poly did not work in bluetooth.
None of the equipments in my home can see Poly.

I remember that Bluetooth is the default mode of the Poly.So check it, it would be the first step.

So i delete all the config in memory.
I reboot.
I try to find Poly in the Bluetooth mode. And I found it
After l had configured the hot spot mode of the Samsung.
After i had configured my home wifi.
ALL is working then because i use Bubbleupnp.

Édit:
With the new firmware, I do the same because i saw that i need to give à new parameter, my localisation.

Now, I see that the bluetooth name is no more the default one of the Poly.
The name became the one that i have input when i config my hotspot.

Thanks!

I had tried your method and now bluetooth (blue light) is blinking all the way instead of blinking for a few second. But the connection for bluetooth disconnect after a few second then cannot connect again even though the poly blue light is blinking.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #4,597 of 18,757
@chord - I would second the question asked earlier this week on the status of the Van Nuys leather Mojo/Poly case like the one for H2? I really want a case for the Mojo/Poly combination and would prefer the thinner Van Nuys option than the one available now. Thanks!

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #4,598 of 18,757
@chord - I would second the question asked earlier this week on the status of the Van Nuys leather Mojo/Poly case like the one for H2? I really want a case for the Mojo/Poly combination and would prefer the thinner Van Nuys option than the one available now. Thanks!

They will be available very soon. Van Nuys advised us that they had shipped to us this week.

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #4,599 of 18,757
I asked the dealer (of whom I bought Hugo 2, poly and the hope of buying a 2nd poly) if he, the tech who went over Poly when I mailed it back and got the SD card out (destroyed), or even his assistant, could talk on the phone for 5 minutes to try to work through some issues. I thought this would be especially good if on speaker phone with my wife and I (she is very knowledgable).

He knows that I have read much here, have the tutorial videos and have adequate knowledge.

He did not answer my request for the 5 minutes on the phone, but he did refer me to the instructing manual and how his tech got it working there.

He just lost a customer.

Hi Peter. I'm sorry to hear about this. I have let our distributor know. Hopefully he will now get you the help you asked for.

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #4,600 of 18,757
If it's any consolation, connecting to your network doesn't guarantee success. My Poly quite consistently joins my network (Netgear R9000 router and Poly 3-4m from the router). Network scans show that it's online and that it is making MPD and DNLA services available. It will sometimes play a track or two before it drops the connection. If Poly reconnects and offers services, player software can no longer get Poly''s attention and resume playing. No other devices on my network misbehave; it is in fact quite a stable and trouble free network. DNLA and MPD are not useable Poly modes on my network or on my cellphone hotspot on which Poly behaves almost as poorly as it does on my home network. Bluetooth and Poly as a hotspot work marginally. It's hard for me to see how a firmware/software update is going to improve this but I would love to be wrong about that since Mojo/Poly sounds great and is a really neat concept.

Do you run both 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi on your Netgear R9000?
Since there is no log or feedback from Poly, I cannot find out WHY it refuses to connect to my wifi network.
I consider to buy an old 2,4Ghz router dedicated for Poly but it will make my netwrok more complicated and quite a 'stupid' way to solve this problem :frowning2:

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #4,601 of 18,757
He knows that I have read much here, have the tutorial videos and have adequate knowledge.

He just lost a customer.

I think these are extraordinary times. There are many of us who have had varying degrees of issues with the Poly and progress is being made

I think it’s actually not reasonable to expect an audio reseller to have the types of skills necessary to “fix” all cases with the Poly since some cases will simply remain broken until they are fixed in firmware or whatnot.

People (customers, resellers, distributors, Chord) are going to be upset and they have every right to be. Similarly the only real option is to wait and help each other where we can.

In the case of this reseller they clearly could have handled this better; but I’m not sure it’s reasonable to expect hem to be able to fix all issues or, quite frankly, to be able to figure out if the issue is one that they could reasonably have a shot at “fixing”

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #4,602 of 18,757
Do you run both 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi on your Netgear R9000?
Since there is no log or feedback from Poly, I cannot find out WHY it refuses to connect to my wifi network.
I consider to buy an old 2,4Ghz router dedicated for Poly but it will make my netwrok more complicated and quite a 'stupid' way to solve this problem :frowning2:

I have connected my Poly to WiFi using Meraki WAP that is dual band. I have also tried restricting the SSID I setup just for my Poly to 2.5GHz and it makes no difference. Poly connects to both. My problem has been it doesn't stay connected once I start streaming via Roon or DLNA.

If you want to try getting a 2.4GHz only device, get one that can be configured as an Access Point. Adding another router to your network will cause more problems than it solves.

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #4,603 of 18,757
Poly on, with TIDAL connecting via blue tooth to iPhone.

I purchased 8 player.

It does not show poly as an option.

I don't recall what boxes I checked beyond "other" in first signing on poly to wifi. (too many sign in combinations and attempts).

Can I reach the poly "settings" without having to re-do the initial procedure to connect to wifi?

Or, is there something else I need to try to get to 8 player?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #4,604 of 18,757
I think these are extraordinary times. There are many of us who have had varying degrees of issues with the Poly and progress is being made

I think it’s actually not reasonable to expect an audio reseller to have the types of skills necessary to “fix” all cases with the Poly since some cases will simply remain broken until they are fixed in firmware or whatnot.

People (customers, resellers, distributors, Chord) are going to be upset and they have every right to be. Similarly the only real option is to wait and help each other where we can.

In the case of this reseller they clearly could have handled this better; but I’m not sure it’s reasonable to expect hem to be able to fix all issues or, quite frankly, to be able to figure out if the issue is one that they could reasonably have a shot at “fixing”

This is what commenting without knowledge looks like.

The dealer refused my initial request for return, instead directing me to send it to a 3rd address.

He also wrote about how easy it was for him to set up his own poly. He then wrote how the 3rd party address recipient had no problems setting it up. He boasted how easy it was.

He knew I watched the tutorials and that I kept him up to date on the thread here.

After purchasing Hugo 2 and Poly from him, and having only spoken to him once on the phone, at his request, this s not unreasonable. He needed me to call him to explain why he was rescinding his free case offer, blaming Chord.

So asking for 5 minutes to talk me through something is not reasonable, nor is asking from someone who described his own set up as "simple" and how much he loves it, unreasonable.

Perhaps pause before criticize and think a bit. If you can't be helpful to a comment, just ignore it.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #4,605 of 18,757
Poly on, with TIDAL connecting via blue tooth to iPhone.

I purchased 8 player.

It does not show poly as an option.

I don't recall what boxes I checked beyond "other" in first signing on poly to wifi. (too many sign in combinations and attempts).

Can I reach the poly "settings" without having to re-do the initial procedure to connect to wifi?

Or, is there something else I need to try to get to 8 player?

After this, I will move on to SD card. I am hesitant to have to start again since I have poly paired with iPhone's Tidal.

thanks...

Hi. Check that you are not still connected to Bluetooth as this will disable Airplay/DLNA. On the iPhone/iPad go to settings - Bluetooth. Look for the Poly device and next to it should be an i for info. Click this and then click disconnect. Now try 8Player again.

With 8Player there are two things to note:-

1. You need to click the Play On button at the bottom of the screen to select Poly as the output renderer.
2. If Poly has no SD card inserted then you will not see it as a server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back