Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #4,636 of 19,001
Perhaps I should go to local coffee shop and see if I can set up poly there??

If that would suffice, it would be fine with me.

The local coffee shop does not use a password.

Would it still work?

and...do I check "other" "bit perfect" AND personal hotspot?

I don’t think Poly supports open networks yet, but will in the future. Matt can confirm. I think there must be something not configured correctly if you cannot connect at home or on phone hotspot and your Poly has been tested and works. I hate to say user error, but maybe you have a techie friend or neighbor?

Dec 9, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #4,638 of 19,001
Thank you. Same response, though.

Another question: I don't have Roon. If I went to another location and connected via their wifi, would this "set up" remain so that I can use the SD card in locations where there is no wifi signal?

We go to our son's hockey games and there is often no wifi signal, which made Poly so attractive. In tournaments, it means many hours at the rink. It is nice to put in IEM to hear music over parents.

PS: Poly tested by BlueBird in Colorado and said no problem connecting.

This may be self-evident but if there's no Hi-Fi you can use Poly in the Poly hotspot mode or the cellphone hotspot mode. Either will allow you to play music from your mSD card and the cellphone hotspot mode should allow you to use your cellphone's other services and stream to Poly. I find the Poly hotspot mode to be the most stable and reliable way to set up Poly. I'd be happy to walk through this with you offline step by step. PM me if you want to talk. [I have not used Android though]

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #4,641 of 19,001
Poly and Samsung help!

IF the p.status is blinking that is good. The Poly is in default mode.
It will blink until it found à well configured ( for it) connection by wifi or by hotspot.
but it will blink if connected with wifi, not well configured for it, until you will delete it in its memory.

Have try to connect with the hotspot of your S8?
1. Actived it.
On my S3 the default Wifi name is AndroidAP passname: cmzz9234
You will see yours when you will try to use the hotspot of your S8.

ON MY S3
I go on the menu connexions
I sélect more network
I sélect Point d'Acces et modem
Share the data connection of your S3 via usb,wifi or bluetooth

I Turn on the accès point.
I receve the message"The activation of the pointwill disconnect the wifi." push OK
I receve the message: Point d'acces wifi AndroidAP actif

When you will have done that, we go further.

2. CONFIGURE A CONNECTION IN THE POLY WITH Your Hotspot PARAMETERS.

Reboot the Poly and the Poly status will not blinking and will stay blue When your hotspot is actif.

IF YOU have another wifi connection, than the hotspot, configured in your Poly then Poly connect to it so you have to kill it.
In my home, I have 3 wifi and Poly chooses the ones it wants.
So to Be sure that Poly connects with the hotspot i turn off my 3 wifi or i go in the car or in the garden.
The first i had onfigured my 3 wifi in the Poly. It was the wrong way.
Poly stay connected with one bad configured.

I had tried your method. It goes to bluetooth mode first and i can hear music from x7ii through bluetooth for a few second then cutoff again. Then i think it goes to DLNA mode which i think it connect to my S8 hotspot as i use sesam player and i can see the renderer is Poly but source only find x7ii and not poly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171210-105512.png
    Screenshot_20171210-105512.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20171210-110453.png
    Screenshot_20171210-110453.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 9, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #4,642 of 19,001
Oh!!!!!!

I have manage to get it to work for reading SD card.

The problem is the sd card. Luckily i have samsung sd card and i try to put it in. Oh! It reads it! I have been using sandisk sd card and poly cannot read it.

Now, found one issue on sd card is also a factor to read sd card from poly. Now, my only issue is bluetooth.

Dec 10, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #4,644 of 19,001
What is the consensus on best app for SD card playback on iOS? I got my replacement Poly and got back to testing it out.

I am still unable to get MPDLUXE working properly- probably because I’m not setting up Poly’s own hotspot properly. I tick the keep in hotspot mode box and save but can’t figure out what what to do next.

I did the software update but still getting music cutting out when using both Glider/8Player. This is the case with both my iPhone X and iPad Pro.

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #4,647 of 19,001
Oh!!!!!!

I have manage to get it to work for reading SD card.

The problem is the sd card. Luckily i have samsung sd card and i try to put it in. Oh! It reads it! I have been using sandisk sd card and poly cannot read it.

Now, found one issue on sd card is also a factor to read sd card from poly. Now, my only issue is bluetooth.
When the Sd card is not working, the Poly server is OFF. interesting if :
Have you see the Poly blinking green when you place the bad card in it?
About your bluetooth situation:
Have in your home an another equipment like tv with bluetooth that could be used with Poly?
If not à friend with à smartphone?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #4,648 of 19,001
Hmm... first day i had to “jump start” the poly by plugging in. Then immediately removed charger and is running fine and IS charged.

yes i have been having to do this more and more lately...

I have also seen much much slower startup. The startup from Poly relies on either power being applied to the charging port (in which case it starts in order to do firmware ‘updates etc) or from some component (I don’t remember, a diode or whatnot) coming up to temperature.

Since it’s colder now, this is going to take longer.

If you’re getting this consistently, can you try keeping Poly/mojo warmer before trying to power on - any change?

Maybe a little snuggle time with Poly to coerce her to wake up?

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #4,649 of 19,001
When the Sd card is not working, the Poly server is OFF. interesting if :
Have you see the Poly blinking green when you place the bad card in it?
About your bluetooth situation:
Have in your home an another equipment like tv with bluetooth that could be used with Poly?
If not à friend with à smartphone?

The sd card works on my x7ii. My 2 sd cards that do not work with poly is 200gb sandisk. Samsung and Sandisk 256GB work on poly which i have just try.

Now i can either set my phone as hotspot or poly as hotspot to play the sd cards. If my phone set to hotspot then i use x7ii using sesam player apps to control the poly. X7ii must connect to my phone hotspot in order for x7ii to use as controller for poly.

When i set poly to hotspot then i can use my phone to control poly, listening to sd card on poly. The bad thing about using poly is my phone cannot have internet connection, whatsapp or etc that need wifi.

Without bluetooth for me is not important now as i can listening to sd card from poly which is my main purpose of buying poly.

Now, i am enjoying my polymojo now.
:)

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #4,650 of 19,001
Getting a little annoyed already. I have my brand new unit acting in the same way as the old one (at least this one charges fine);

Both Glider/8Player only work for between 5-40 seconds at a time without cutting out and resuming.
Note that this is both on a freshly factory restored Wi-fi hub AND on a 4G hotspot with my iPhone and iPad.

SO: three different setups that have the exact same problem. The only playback mode that works (more or less) issue-free is Airplay with Tidal/Spotify.

I haven’t been able to test MPDLUXE as there are no instructions in the manual on what to do after getting poly to stay in hotspot mode. I have the correct IP address and port in place already.

I would really appreciate some feedback here @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett

EDIT: I understand that you cannot foresee difficulties related to a user’s specific listening environment. However, issues occurring on Wi-fi+two separate devices and mobile hotspot again on two separate devices can’t be right.

Please do let me know if I am missing anything. Had it not been for direct Spotify/Tidal playback, this product would have been completely unusable to me. It's a shame that this was not the idea behind buying a Poly in the first place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back