Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 10, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #4,651 of 19,001
D0948BA6-0F61-45CE-9EB5-8D2E704BACB4.jpeg
Getting a little annoyed already. I have my brand new unit acting in the same way as the old one (at least this one charges fine);

Both Glider/8Player only work for between 5-40 seconds at a time without cutting out and resuming.
Note that this is both on a freshly factory restored Wi-fi hub AND on a 4G hotspot with my iPhone and iPad.

SO: three different setups that have the exact same problem. The only playback mode that works (more or less) issue-free is Airplay with Tidal/Spotify.

I haven’t been able to test MPDLUXE as there are no instructions in the manual on what to do after getting poly to stay in hotspot mode. I have the correct IP address and port in place already.

I would really appreciate some feedback here @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett

EDIT: I understand that you cannot foresee difficulties related to a user’s specific listening environment. However, issues occurring on Wi-fi+two separate devices and mobile hotspot again on two separate devices can’t be right.

Please do let me know if I am missing anything. Had it not been for direct Spotify/Tidal playback, this product would have been completely unusable to me. It's a shame that this was not the idea behind buying a Poly in the first place.
I’ve had no luck myself with glider on iPhone 5s 11.1. hotspot. Glider 1.61.32 worked fine from poly hotspot. Currently listening to DSD on MPDluxe from sd card via iPhone hotspot. Rock solid so far.

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #4,652 of 19,001

I’ve had no luck myself with glider on iPhone 5s 11.1. hotspot. Glider 1.61.32 worked fine from poly hotspot. Currently listening to DSD on MPDluxe from sd card via iPhone hotspot. Rock solid so far.

How do you get MPDLUXE working properly? I get Poly working in hotspot mode- what next?

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #4,654 of 19,001
Fill in details as picture shows on your setup page. Replace jaypoly with your poly’s name.

I have no idea how to get to that screen. I am using MPDluxe on ios. My setup page (ie Poly's setup page) looks nothing like the above.
I would appreciate something a little more detailed- thanks.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #4,655 of 19,001
How can Chord help some of us to make a difference between:
Not legaly channel configured rooter.
Bad internet connections.
Bad understanding of the hotspot mode of the smartphone changing from one model to an another.
etc..
I hope that the new App will help to stay quiet until the functionality of the Poly will be understand by a new user.

For a user of dlna and hotspot since month some basic understanding are in the brain and the user manual seems usable.
Some App contains à lot of help but we need to explore all the menu to discover it.

So it seems that Poly is too poly and we must accept actually not plug and play.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #4,656 of 19,001
How can I check the firmware release of my Poly, when I connect in hotspot mode, the configuration page shows firmware 0.0.0.

Thank you

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #4,657 of 19,001
CFD50AA8-B8B7-43A1-89B6-82B2C733A4C3.png
I have no idea how to get to that screen. I am using MPDluxe on ios. My setup page (ie Poly's setup page) looks nothing like the above.
I would appreciate something a little more detailed- thanks.
Go to settings page. Fill in details as picture shows. Replacing Jaypoly with the name you named your poly. No password required. Good luck.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #4,658 of 19,001
How can I check the firmware release of my Poly, when I connect in hotspot mode, the configuration page shows firmware 0.0.0.

Thank you

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #4,660 of 19,001

Go to settings page. Fill in details as picture shows. Replacing Jaypoly with the name you named your poly. No password required. Good luck.

Sorry but this isn’t helping. The screenshot attached looks nothing like what I am seeing. Thanks for trying though.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #4,662 of 19,001

Attachments

• 48BA784E-FBB9-464A-9FD5-BF288C6AC8C6.png
    48BA784E-FBB9-464A-9FD5-BF288C6AC8C6.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 10, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #4,663 of 19,001
Is there a way with iPhone or MacBook Pro to verify that I am NOT on 5 Ghz?

Time Warner says I am not, but I would prefer finding my own test result.
Upon installation, the worker told my wife that we were getting more than we paid for but not to worry about it. She did not explain it to my wife, nor did my wife ask. My internet is strong and I use it for full time work.

Time Warner said they ran a diagnostic test and that, yes, in deed, I am 2.,4.

The poly set up worked for the distributer in Colorado, said the distributor.
The original set up to connect to Wifi is not terribly complicated, especially with the tutorials. I wonder if it is just that TW is wrong (placating a customer wouldn't be a first) and I am on 5 Ghz.

Is there a self test I can do?

2nd call to TW and they said 2.4

Peter, your router may be broadcasting both a w.rghz and a 5ghz signal, which is fine. You will want to make sure both have the smart SSID, I think, so that if your Mac is connecting to one and Poly the other, then they will still be seen as on the same network. You can verify this in your router settings. You need to know the IP address of your login page, something like 192.168.1.1. There should be a check box or setting to use the same SSID for both frequencies.

Again, if you P status light is solid, then you are connected to your network. The wireless devices section of your router will also show you which devices are connected and what channel/frequency.

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #4,664 of 19,001
Time Warner says I am not capable of 5 Ghz with my modem/router.

I found analysis. It picked up 9 addresses (neighbors, too) of which 0 were on 5 ghz and all 9 at 2ghz "Hyatt" is the name given. P light blinks as if to find network but does not connect (solid)

'Hyatt ' <48796174 7420>, bssid=e8:89:2c:7a:14:60, channel=[1 (20 MHz, Active)], cc=US, type=11n, rssi=-46, rsn=[mcast=tkip, ucast={ tkip aes_ccm }, auths={ psk }, caps=0x0, wpa=(null), wep=no, ibss=no, ph=no, swap=no, hs20=no,

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #4,665 of 19,001
I have found the following which may be useful for others:

My preference is for listening on the go and using the Poly hotspot (until we have the app), I use either 8player or glider.

I was having to set the access mode on each startup (Poly starts in blue flash or blue/green flash) but not appearing util I set the access mode using the paperclip. Once set it would work for me until I got to work around an hour, and the same on journey home. I have had dropouts as my iphone would pickup strong wi-fi signals from other sources, usually sorted by re-selecting Poly and stop/start of the player.

Then it occurred to me that the startup was conditional based on what settings were chosen, I am assuniming Poly is a running services for the software eeded based on the user settings, A DLNA server, an MPD server etc. So putting my software designer/tester thinking hat I decided to try the barest settings I needed and only add what I needed to run.

So I have Hot spot from Poly on (checked the settings to keep it), left off roon. bit-perfect & mpd and deleted home wi-fi settings. With there I found Poly would start up and was selected by my phone 'most' times. If I tried out airplay then the next start would need the paperclip again. When it does it does not start in a working hot spot mode, I notice the blue flash only - which the manual says is the default mode. That makes sense if we were using the app as I trust the app would have an option to set hotspot mode when it starts as a user selected default.

So I would humbly suggest anyone wanting a set mode to use only selects the base settings for that first and adds other settings later if the base works. It may give a clue as to what is confusing your Poly. for example if bit-perfect is not used in one setting don't check it in case it starts a service you don't need.

My version is 1.06 (was 1.04) - I think some may have 1.05 and older versions which did not show the version were presumably less than 1.04 which did show the version.

Hope this might help someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back