Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 28, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #4,006 of 18,812
I wish everyone could just accept that SD card playback doesn't work right now and if it does, its buggy as hell with all 3rd party apps. We have to wait for Chords app, which is if takes a little time so be it-- you all have smart phones. We don't want the app rushed out and have that be buggy as well.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #4,008 of 18,812
Got it going... but now MPDluxe won’t play so I am resetting poly... and will redo again

I have reset twice and forced poly to stay in hotspot mode and I am unable to play *any* music whatsoever on this 3 hour flight. Playback does not even start in MPDluxe, 8player or Glider.

*This* - traveling on planes - is my exact use case for poly/mojo. Mobile, portable audio... and currently there is none whatsoever.

I can not begin to describe how angry I am right now. I asked the questions of Chord long before release as to how this would effectively work and all we got back was unicorns and happiness; and flat out insults to folks here on the forum.

The last failsafe was to put poly into hotspot mode and forgo all internet access on your phone to use it, and currently that just makes it a brick.

Lets be clear, Mojo rocks. And as a result Poly’s only function in life is to make the stacking experience better and put a user interface on Mojo.

She fails in utterly spectacular flashion.

Poly is, by far, the worst mobile experience I have had, and I have done a *lot* of work with mobile players.

I feel like just as with the original ever-slipping launch date and complete lack of clarity, I am now having to decide when - and if - software fixes will be here.

When do we get GoFigure so we can use our devices??

Poly has been out well over a month.

Today is my two week return window to Moon Audio.

@Matt Bartlett and @Mojo ideas what would you have me do?

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #4,009 of 18,812
I have reset twice and forced poly to stay in hotspot mode and I am unable to play *any* music whatsoever on this 3 hour flight. Playback does not even start in MPDluxe, 8player or Glider.

*This* - traveling on planes - is my exact use case for poly/mojo. Mobile, portable audio... and currently there is none whatsoever.

I can not begin to describe how angry I am right now. I asked the questions of Chord long before release as to how this would effectively work and all we got back was unicorns and happiness; and flat out insults to folks here on the forum.

The last failsafe was to put poly into hotspot mode and forgo all internet access on your phone to use it, and currently that just makes it a brick.

Lets be clear, Mojo rocks. And as a result Poly’s only function in life is to make the stacking experience better and put a user interface on Mojo.

Poly is, by far, the worst mobile experience I have had, and I have done a *lot* of work with mobile players.

I feel like just as with the original ever-slipping launch date and complete lack of clarity, I am now having to decide when - and if - software fixes will be here.

Is it really this bad? Can someone confirm this please?

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Nov 28, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #4,013 of 18,812
@John @Matt, just received Chord’s newsletter with email that the Poly is now available for purchase. At the bottom there is mention of a free case with every purchase (except through amazon). I paid full price for my case when I bought the Poly 2 weeks ago in Hong Kong where I reside... can you clarify the “every purchase of Poly includes a free case worth £79” please?
Why are they pushing a product that’s not done??!

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #4,014 of 18,812
Thanks! So it seems that there's a chance that he got a faulty unit then...

I have been having various small issues with my unit but nothing that prevented me from using Poly to play music to such an extent.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #4,015 of 18,812

Of course I understand your frustration but I just don't understand why it doesn't work for you.
Can you see the WiFi icon on your phone showing you are connected to Poly, do you see the Poly server and renderer in Glider/8Player?
I know it's probably too late now but here are a couple of images from my iPhone when I connect.

IMG_5499.PNG

IMG_5501.PNG IMG_5503.PNG IMG_5504.PNG

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #4,019 of 18,812

Is this true? (I have yet to receive my Poly because the case was delayed.) When in hotspot mode, you have to forgo all internet access on phone? I recall this not being the case-- I will be using my iPhone with AirPlay to stream to Poly. God I hope this isn't true, this would make me return my Poly.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #4,020 of 18,812

Users who are viewing this thread

Back