Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #3,992 of 18,774
You know I got a feeling most were hoping that would be the case!
Though some may be reluctant to give up their perfectly formed paper clip! ..... One can get attached to such things.

I'd appreciate a little humor but this clip humor is getting repetitive. Didn't you say you weren't coming back until the app was ready? :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #3,993 of 18,774
I'd appreciate a little humor but this clip humor is getting repetitive. Didn't you say you weren't coming back until the app was ready? :ksc75smile:

Ok ill leave it there, from your response i think you got my meaning! :wink:

I wasn't comming back until i started to find the posts most entertaining!

I'll leave you alone for a while. I'm going to .... :headphones:

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #3,994 of 18,774
Ah yes. Sorry I should have been clearer. This trick only works on Apple devices.

Thanks Matt for the clarification. Ironically I switched to android for audio reasons (no headphone jack, better audio on some android phones, crappy camera kit integration, etc) and now with poly I'm finding I wish I had stayed with the apple crowd. I'm hoping the app for andoid comes soon after the iOS app.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #3,996 of 18,774
The pin is a temporarily expeadiant the app will negate the need for it.

I think 99.99999% of people already know that John, the problem is 98.99999% of those people are also getting very frustrated waiting for this promised app. With 10+ months of delays this should have been released with the app, if it wasn't ready why not wait another month or so until it was.

While I'm posting, why limit this device to only working with Mojo, wouldn't you sell more if it worked with other DAC's and devices too? I would order one today if it worked with my Hugo 2 as well.

Also you should allow root access perhaps on application, the clever community will fix Poly for free for you. :)

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #3,997 of 18,774
Thanks Matt for the clarification. Ironically I switched to android for audio reasons (no headphone jack, better audio on some android phones, crappy camera kit integration, etc) and now with poly I'm finding I wish I had stayed with the apple crowd. I'm hoping the app for andoid comes soon after the iOS app.

Yes ironically in this case Android is not as simple as Apple and is normally locked into the Google servers so when you try to use a network name rather than IP address it does not work.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #3,998 of 18,774
I have not added anything new to the sd card since I first started using it. And I have done as you said to update the database.

However, on some further searching, what I found was that my m4a files all seemed to be working fine, but none of my mp3 files are showing up. With some further searching though, I figured out how to playback the mp3 files too if I browse to them directly via the folder structure through the MPD app. But why are the mp3 files not getting added to the library? It would be nice to use the artist/album sorting capabilities.

I'll investigate this as you are correct M.A.L.P doesn't seem to catalogue mp3 files although as you have found they display and play via the file view option.

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #3,999 of 18,774
I'm keeping Poly in hotspot mode until the updates arrive. Easier, and Glider seems to work well in that mode. I'll have another go at streaming etc after the firmware updates and app lands

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #4,000 of 18,774
My poly just started playing a song on the SD card even though I was playing a different song using 8 player on my iPhone.

I even switched off my phone, and it still kept on playing until the song was finished. Very strange!!!

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #4,001 of 18,774
@John @Matt, just received Chord’s newsletter with email that the Poly is now available for purchase. At the bottom there is mention of a free case with every purchase (except through amazon). I paid full price for my case when I bought the Poly 2 weeks ago in Hong Kong where I reside... can you clarify the “every purchase of Poly includes a free case worth £79” please?

Attachments

• 6C918A79-BF52-4133-836E-DC6D36191D53.jpeg
    6C918A79-BF52-4133-836E-DC6D36191D53.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #4,004 of 18,774
@John @Matt, just received Chord’s newsletter with email that the Poly is now available for purchase. At the bottom there is mention of a free case with every purchase (except through amazon). I paid full price for my case when I bought the Poly 2 weeks ago in Hong Kong where I reside... can you clarify the “every purchase of Poly includes a free case worth £79” please?

Not going to happen-- ship has sailed. If by some miracle you get it free, please let us know. I preordered the Poly 6 months ago. I emailed my distributor in US who knew nothing of free case. I emailed Chord who told me No. I emailed them again about it and they didn't respond-- guess I should have accepted the No.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back