1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276
Next

Last
  1. mashuto
    Didn't work for me either, with poly connected to my phones hotspot. Have not been able to try it on my home wifi or using the poly's hotspot. But most useful would be with phones hotspot.

Also, I just noticed something strange, when I do connect directly to the IP, I see less of my library using MPD than I do via dlna. Anyone know what might be going on there?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. supervisor
    OK--so don't put it on your keyring, I guess?

3. Matt Bartlett
    Ah yes. Sorry I should have been clearer. This trick only works on Apple devices.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  4. Matt Bartlett
    With MPD have you updated your database to include any new music you have added to the SD card?
    If you are using M.A.L.P go to sever properties and then click update server database.
    If you are using MPDluxe then go to the box with arrow icon at the bottom right of the screen and click start update.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  5. styks
    ]What! ..... I'm in raptures here, NOT!
    Im told Im a very patient and reasonable chap, i really cant believe Im reading this current run of posts. ..... Its like a bleedin Monty Python sketch, hilarious!

So sitting in your seat you fiddle about poking a paper clip into an electronic device, looking like you could possibly be trying to activate something, your no doubt sweating in fustration, further adding to the building tension, we can guess the results of that.
    Plus if you might lose your supplied pin you will no doubt have a paper clip to hand.
    Just add the fact that tempory functionality of what is the best part of a grands worth of gear relying on a paper clip. ..... This is good stuff, keep going theres a good sketch forming!

I tell you something, if you aint lost your Mojo, I certainly have!

Tbh, Im not comming back to this thread now until I hear the app is ready and the firmware sorted. A debacle Chord! ...... Im quite techy, no whiz but techy'ish, Im running my Poly ok, but I feel very annoyed that so many are struggling, so annoyed for them that on principle I might just return it anyway and make up my own pairing. ..... Hope its sorted for you guys soon, see you then, or may be not, I dont know yet!

Keep em comming, its getting better by the minute. Actually i will pop back now and then, for the entertainment.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  6. harpo1
    Seems this is more geared for Apple users than Android. I've followed this thread from the beginning and all these issues are troubling. Hopefully the app and firmware updates fix all these issues and it becomes more compatible with android devices. I'll continue on the sidelines until the updates and app is our before deciding whether or not to purchase this.

7. mashuto
    I have not added anything new to the sd card since I first started using it. And I have done as you said to update the database.

However, on some further searching, what I found was that my m4a files all seemed to be working fine, but none of my mp3 files are showing up. With some further searching though, I figured out how to playback the mp3 files too if I browse to them directly via the folder structure through the MPD app. But why are the mp3 files not getting added to the library? It would be nice to use the artist/album sorting capabilities.

8. corius
    Mind you, I can see a whole new marketing opportunity....

"Buy your Moon Audio Black Dragon paperclip for maximum hires sound quality, or opt for the Silver Dragon for a slicker insertion"

9. styks
    After further research, due to government funding cuts many local library's are being closed, what efect this will have on your mp3 files local mp's refuse to comment. This unfortunate sitution has somewhat reduced my chances of obtainling a free bleedin paper clip.

If someone would care to clarify regarding the paper clip size required. I'm concerned that use of the incorrect size may invalidate my warranty! ..... Ive been searching the internet and you cant by a single clip. The smallest quantity for purchase appears to be 100. On confirmation of size required would anyone be interested in a group purchase?

TokenGesture likes this.
  10. styks
    Or maybe Chords plan is to market a paper clip called the "Poly Filla"

SteveOliver and corius like this.
  11. jarnopp
    PM me. I will sell you a single, solid core, cryo'd paperclip in the appropriate size that has been coated with a proprietary coating that 100% improves the sonic character without adding interference (which the Chord pin does!). Priced accordingly.

Seriously, though, with the cases people show off and the cable/accessory selections people carry, there is no room for an extra pin or paper clip or two? Steal one from work!

12. styks
    Thank you ill consider that, but if it's any more than 17 pence im sorry its a deal breaker, £499.18, I just can't do it mate! ..... I have some great TDK MA 90 casette tapes, im goin back to me 70's Sony Walkman, even with the random speed changes when Im jogging its a lot less trouble!

Hey you can get sacked for stealing stationary these days! :)

13. Mojo ideas
    The pin is a temporarily expeadiant the app will negate the need for it.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  14. Mightygrey
    I've added mine to my keychain. It's constantly poking me in the arse.

innocentblood and supervisor like this.
  15. styks
    Good Gaia my friend, how long is that chain? !!

First

Back
256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276
Next

Last