Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 21, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #3,721 of 18,821
Matt,

I am currently using the Poly in Roon mode. I just want to be sure I understand a few things if I want to use a MicroSD. For reading the SD to work, does "play mode" have to be selected to "Other"?

Thanks

just curious why you would need to use an SD card while in Roon mode? since Roon core is only at home (give that's how their subscriptions work), aren't all your files that would be on the SD card locally stored at home in your Roon library as well?

again just curious--for my uses, I would only use an SD card while traveling...

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3,722 of 18,821
just curious why would would need to use an SD card while in Roon mode? since Roon core is only at home (give that's how their subscriptions work), aren't all your files that would be on the SD card locally stored at home in your Roon library as well?

again just curious--for my uses, I would only use an SD card while traveling...

I understand. That is my intention. I was under the impression DSD would play from the SD card but I just tried it and the DSD files don't show up on my playlist. Not sure if that is an 8 Player thing or a Chord Poly thing?

Right now there is no selection on Roon for DSD over DoP which my understanding is that will be in the next firmware. Was just asking because of DSD capabilities on the SD card. Not a big deal for the time being in any case, just trying to see it's capabilities.

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,724 of 18,821
If 8Player is causing issues then try one of the MPD apps like MPDeluxe. These directly control the SD card music inside Poly rather than using DLNA. The IP address of Poly when it is in hotspot mode is 192.168.1.1 and the port number is 6600. You will need both of these to configure the MPD app.

Matt

Thanks, just what I needed at 38,000 ft. I tried to switch to MPD but I hadn’t set it up and didn’t know the port #. My first impulse was to go to this thread to look for it. Unfortunately out over the Pacific there is no internet service so that was not an option. Satellite internet is coming soon but not soon enough for this flight. Will report back on how MPD does.

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #3,725 of 18,821
If 8Player is causing issues then try one of the MPD apps like MPDeluxe. These directly control the SD card music inside Poly rather than using DLNA. The IP address of Poly when it is in hotspot mode is 192.168.1.1 and the port number is 6600. You will need both of these to configure the MPD app.

Matt, I am trying this suggestion, and I've put Poly into hotspot mode, connected without internet using my iPhone, and can connect MPDluxe to the Poly and see the SD card files. When I push "play" though, there is no playing. I've tried ALAC and MP3 files, but no luck. Any ideas?

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #3,726 of 18,821
Matt, I am trying this suggestion, and I've put Poly into hotspot mode, connected without internet using my iPhone, and can connect MPDluxe to the Poly and see the SD card files. When I push "play" though, there is no playing. I've tried ALAC and MP3 files, but no luck. Any ideas?

Have you set the output to the Poly? I had a quick play with this and managed to get it playing, though I found it a little error prone when double-tapping for next song. Had to deselect & select the output again.

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #3,727 of 18,821
Have you set the output to the Poly? I had a quick play with this and managed to get it playing, though I found it a little error prone when double-tapping for next song. Had to deselect & select the output again.

Yes, the output is showing. It found it on its own, but I've toggled it off and on, with no luck. Again, I can see everything, and click on the song to play, but the playing never starts. Using MPDluxe, the play icon shows, but never changes to show me the player controls. Is this the same MPD app you are using?

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #3,728 of 18,821
Yes, the output is showing. It found it on its own, but I've toggled it off and on, with no luck. Again, I can see everything, and click on the song to play, but the playing never starts. Using MPDluxe, the play icon shows, but never changes to show me the player controls. Is this the same MPD app you are using?

So when you click the track you want to play it should add it to the play queue on the left hand side. You then just press the play button on the top of the page. However you mentioned ALAC files. Currently MPD does not play ALAC but it should play your mp3’s.

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #3,729 of 18,821
Matt

Thanks, just what I needed at 38,000 ft. I tried to switch to MPD but I hadn’t set it up and didn’t know the port #. My first impulse was to go to this thread to look for it. Unfortunately out over the Pacific there is no internet service so that was not an option. Satellite internet is coming soon but not soon enough for this flight. Will report back on how MPD does.

I was hoping to catch you before take off but guess I was too late. Let me know how you get on.

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #3,730 of 18,821
So when you click the track you want to play it should add it to the play queue on the left hand side. You then just press the play button on the top of the page. However you mentioned ALAC files. Currently MPD does not play ALAC but it should play your mp3’s.

OK, so it's normal to see them but not be able to play them. (I thought I recalled someone saying they could not see them, but maybe that was a different app.) With the forthcoming update, with the ALAC files be playable via MPD?

Matt, appreciate your late night work here. I'm just trying out different methods. Using DLNA control of SD card now with phone hotspot and that's working great. I can also use airplay for offline Tidal content, and Roon at home works great, too.

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,733 of 18,821

Whats the timeframe for support of ALAC on MPD. 100% of my files are ALAC.

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #3,734 of 18,821
Can we please have an update on the firmware update, and both the android and iOS apps?

Yes, please! I have been using Poly less frequently than I would have liked to but at least I use Mojo on a daily basis now.

I really hope that using Poly will be less fiddly as I would love for it to just work.

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #3,735 of 18,821
Has anyone experienced Poly dropping off as a Roon zone on a regular basis at all?
Also getting the following error on Roon: an audio file is loading slowly-->skips to next track and again

I had that a few times on one particular day, but I was at the farest point in my house away from the router and the weather was bad. I know that my iPad suffers drop outs under the same scenario, as did my Auralic Aries so I have assumed this to be a WiFi signal issue because moving nearer to the router solved the problem and, once the weather cleared, I have not experienced it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back