1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last
  1. Priaptor

I have a perfect signal and had many dropouts on 44/16 files

I really hope this gets ironed out. Waited a long time for the Poly and was hoping for better release than this.

2. chihangs
    Hi Matt and John from chord

Any news on the new firmware update ? Or the go figure app?
    Can you share more imformatuon about them please?

doggiehowser likes this.
  3. andrewjamesdean
    I'm in the same boat as you - I love the sound quality out of the Mojo/Poly, but at the moment using it is a complete ball-ache and not worth the trouble. I find I'm not using it anywhere near as much as I should be

TokenGesture likes this.
  4. Rich78
    The only time I use poly is on my commute (via bluetooth) which is rubbish SQ. Wifi, hotspot and Roon (airplay) all experience significant dropouts and buffering issues with Tidal and my own downloaded music. With Poly as an endpoint in Roon, I get 5 secs of music, it skips to the next track and then Poly is promptly not visible on the network. Liaising with Chord direct, it appears that I have to wait for the firmware update. I did take my poly back to the retailer and they agreed there was an issue and they tried exchanging it. I got the new Poly home only to discover the battery was lose and rattling around inside. They had no more stock so I still don't know if there is an issue with my Poly or whether it will be fixed via the firmware upgrade ... which can't come soon enough. Please, please, please Chord, can you issue the firmware update as soon as you can. Mojo is great and when Poly works it is truly amazing!

Ersan Temizyurek likes this.
  5. AudioBear
    Matt:

I set up MPDluxe today to see if it would play nice with Poly. When I opened it I saw that I had in fact inserted IP 192.168.1.1and port 6600 when I was on the flight yesterday. For whatever reason MPD did not play. Today I deleted the program and downloaded again. I entered those values and it worked fine with my Hi-Res FLAC files. Then I found it would not play ALAC formatted files as has been mentioned recently in this thread. All my CDs are in ALAC format. I use a Mac and XLD on a Mac has a batch file conversion mode. If the developer's of MPDluxe don't add ALAC to supported file types I may convert my files to FLAC which I would rather avoid.

@NYanakiev mentioned Glider Music Player a few pages back. It's another UPnP/DNLA player for iOS. I installed it on my iPhone and so far it's working fine. Plays ALAC and FLAC at 16/44.1 and 24/192 at least. Haven't had time to really give it a test drive. I'm going to use MPD and GMP for a while and will report how they turn out. I am, however, on holiday and don't expect to be doing much listening for a while. As they say in the movies, I'll be back.

jarnopp likes this.
  6. jarnopp
    I had initially set up MPDluxe at home on a different IP address, and also had to delete and re-download the app to get it to work with the Poly hotspot. Also hoping for ALAC playback. Probably will not want to convert all those files to FLAC.

7. Ersan Temizyurek
    DEFINETELY AGREE - POLY IS READY FOR BLUETOOTH BUT DOES NOT ENJOY OVER WIFI YET. LETS SEE THE FIRMWARE UPDATE, IF I AM WATCHING HD VIDEO FROM MY WIFI I NEED TO LISTEN FROM TIDAL WITHOUT ANY DROPOUTS. BLUETOOTH CONN -> 10/10, POLY AS WIFI SPOT OR CONNECTS TO IPHONE HOTSPOT -> 7/10 POLY CONNECTS OVER ROUTER 4/10 (I DONT CARE WHAT CHORD GUYS SAY I KNOW WHAT I EXPERIENCE, AS I MENTIONED I NEED TO LISTEN TO MY MUSIC WITHOUT OF DROPOUTS IN CASE IF ABLE TO WATCH HIGH DEF VIDEO OVER THAT WIFI). POLY IS EXTREMELY SENSITIVE TO WIFI CONNECTION.

8. GoSUV
    I tend to agree with all other people's experience regarding the lack of robustness when streaming over Wifi to the Poly... drop outs and cracklings are happening way too often to seriously affect the usefulness and enjoyment of this product. Granted, I'm using it in environments where Wifi signal pollution is huge, but still when my playback device is as close to the Poly as possible, it should not be affected by other nearby devices? Streaming 16/44.1 audio is not an awful lot of bandwidth and surely even flaky wifi signals should be able to survive drop outs? If I can use my Sandisk wireless drive to stream HD video to my iPad without drop outs, the Poly should be able to handle audio-only without problems (within reason of course)? I hope any upcoming firmware updates can fix this problem.

Ersan Temizyurek likes this.
  9. AudioBear
    Hard not to wonder if a little more transmission power and a choice of 5GHZ wouldn't have circumvented some of these user problems. That said, my wi-fi SQ experience had been pretty good in the few days I have had Poly. It seems to work or not work, as in occasional dropped connections which could certainly be the result of interference. The wi-fi spectrum is getting pretty polluted.

Edit: meant 5GHz wi-fi not 5G LTE

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  10. polymaniac
    Please don‘t shout in Allcaps! CHORD is aware of the Problems and is, as you all know, working on a fix in Firmware-upgrade and on the GoFigure App, which both may come soon. So, it‘s ready when it‘s ready. Nobody want‘s a halfbaked upgrade which may introduce more problems then it fixes. The Poly wasn‘t cheap, i know, and we all want use as much out of it as possible. So, please pe patient. It‘s not uncommon that new products as complex as poly need upgrades after it‘s released. Enjoy your music and wait, i‘m confident that Matt and John may soon reply, but don‘t press for answers like this. It helps nobody.

carapau, miketlse and fordski like this.
  11. AudioTransit9213
    Anyone with the mojo/poly case have any issues with accidental button pushing? I have inadvertently turned mojo off a few times and the volume seems to slowly creep up a notch every time I sit step up into my work van. Kinda frustrating and don't want to spend money on the case if it won't solve this problem.

12. Mightygrey
    Nobody wants a halfbaked product for that matter. The firmware and app simply should have been available at launch, they are essential for proper enjoyment of the product. No question. All these experiences are what usually gets sorted in product testing and beta phase.

andrewjamesdean likes this.
  13. TokenGesture
    In a way its nice to see I'm not a lone voice with my problems with Poly. Love the sound but the thing is so liable to failure, would love to be able to just switch it on comfortable in the knowledge it. will. just. work.

14. polymaniac
    Yes and No. Many, especially new and complex products like poly may and will experience problems when out in the field and therefore in the hands of customers. CHORD has announced poly way back in early 2017, release first announced for april if i remember correctly and came out with the product in october. They may have underestimated the complexity and the problems of a completly new product like this which depends on many Hard- and Softwaredependencies and Standards.

Poly imho is great, it works and is usable for 80% of what it offers now, so please let us get the remainig problems in context of the big picture.

NYanakiev likes this.
  15. corius
    So it's 80% working? That's OK then, but what about if you are one of the 20%?

I'll tell my development director that his next product will ship with 80% functionality and no GUI, I'm sure he'll be happy with that.

First

Back
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last