Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jul 31, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #1,156 of 7,153
Just hit Quoten under each one you want to reply to then in the normal post box for you a new "Insert Quotes" button will appear. Magic, I know.

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #1,157 of 7,153
54754955.jpg

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #1,158 of 7,153
Well, you guys go ahead and get your post count up then.

I was making a joke!

Just hit Quoten under each one you want to reply to then in the normal post box for you a new "Insert Quotes" button will appear. Magic, I know.

Yes sir! :)

Most of us know how to do that. It is just that in a thread like this, where multiple products and issues are discussed, it can be less confusing to make separate posts. Personally I tend to skip over long messy posts but that's just me. My eyes get tired, especially if I am using a tablet rather than my PC.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #1,159 of 7,153
Already said they were earlier. The problem being that the stock pad on the Akai sucks worse. Which is why this overall is a better deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LyxPro-HAS-...321043&hash=item1ec3cd440f:g:apsAAOSwjk9ZR5wE

Same unit, with better earpads, and a case. To do that with the Akai would cost $18 + $20 for HM5 + $12 case = $50. You get all that in a single go for $46 from ebay.

Bingo! Totally agree. The thicker pads are MUCH better. In fact, the pads make the headphone. I tried replacing stock pads on my Marantz MPH-2's (ISK MDH9000 clones) several times. Nothing I tried sounded as good as the stock pads. They're pretty comfortable, too.

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #1,160 of 7,153
[Mod Comment]

Noticed that there was a bit of action in here, and just wanted to remind a few that unless you have a moderator badge, you don't officiate on the rules. As long as someone isn't making multiple posts in a row, then its not spamming. That's called having a conversation. Eg Person 1, Person 2, Person 1, Person 2. Nothing wrong with that. We have an issue if it goes Person 1, Person 1, Person 1, Person 1, Person 1.

Anyway - if some of you are getting annoyed - simply block the poster. You don't see their posts. We don't get flagged.

Simple :)

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #1,161 of 7,153
Ordered these Sunday for Same Day Delivery but thanks to Amazon I got them today lol. Oh well. $182 with Taxes. With how much I love my CH9T I figured I'd pick these up, also b/c my LyxPro have now been assigned XB1 duty (got a ModMic 5.0 for it).

So far these are very balanced sounding. Lyx has more overall bass quantity but these are more controlled and tight so far. Don't want to go into much detail but I'm digging these. Actual pics of them will follow when I have a chance. Pretty cool that they actually have a Bass port on the top of each side.

HRM-6.jpg

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #1,162 of 7,153
There's a used pair on Amazon for $0.05 with free shipping (that's 5 PENNIES). That seems like a pretty good deal to me. Add the HM5 pads, and you're in like flynn for $12.05

Update: I just bought them. We'll see how good they turn out to be for $0.05

Where you seeing the HM5 pads for $12?

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #1,163 of 7,153
Ordered these Sunday for Same Day Delivery but thanks to Amazon I got them today lol. Oh well. $182 with Taxes. With how much I love my CH9T I figured I'd pick these up, also b/c my LyxPro have now been assigned XB1 duty (got a ModMic 5.0 for it).

So far these are very balanced sounding. Lyx has more overall bass quantity but these are more controlled and tight so far. Don't want to go into much detail but I'm digging these. Actual pics of them will follow when I have a chance. Pretty cool that they actually have a Bass port on the top of each side.

Very sharp looking set of cans. They also have a HRM-5 model that is cheaper. Same size driver, but the frequency range and other specs are different. The HRM-6 driver is also listed as "HD". There is a HRM-7 model too. Saw a comment somewhere leading me to believe it is an older model.

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #1,164 of 7,153
Aug 2, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #1,165 of 7,153
Hello guys!
I just happened to come across these 2 ISK headphones.

ISK HP2011
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...e-Computer-Earphones/1213684_32797482993.html

ISK MDH8500
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...phone-Noise-Canceling/526268_32784627886.html

Both of these are identical in shape but the MDH8500 seems better finished and also slightly higher priced. Also MDH8500 has multiple removable cables.
I don't know about the sound signature of them. Can u guys please tell me which has better sound? I am really interested in either of them.

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #1,166 of 7,153
Can u guys please tell me which has better sound? I am really interested in either of them.
Hi John.
Don't know much about the ISK MDH8500 but the HP2011 is a very good option if you like balanced/neutral headphones. They were rather over analytical and dry ootb but after burn-in and addition of a tube amp they become very nice, still balanced but warmer and more musical, big soundstage, imaging and separation, very pleased with the outcome in the end. Got nothing else to compare to besides former Superlux HD681EVO which managed to upset me with the loose bass which in the beginning liked very much. Then HP2011 came in and I started to appreciate neutral signatures more.

I'd say if you are a basshead stay away from HP2011, they are not for you. Also people complain about HP being a bit hot in the treble - I did not notice that, perhaps the burn-in process and tube amp tame that as well. That or I'm treble resilient anyway, don't know.

If you're into even warmer signatures with more bass perhaps see reviews of ISK MDH9000 in this thread (also identical clones Marantz MPH-2 and LyxPro HAS-30) - some people around here like them very much and praise them a lot; in the matter of fact I was about to pull the trigger on them as well some time ago but the prominent bass (seen in FR graph and random reviews and reports) kind of scared me. Although I'm still interested I will have to actually listen to them before buying or I'll risk another Superlux bass fatigue.

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #1,167 of 7,153
Hi John.
Don't know much about the ISK MDH8500 but the HP2011 is a very good option if you like balanced/neutral headphones. They were rather over analytical and dry ootb but after burn-in and addition of a tube amp they become very nice, still balanced but warmer and more musical, big soundstage, imaging and separation, very pleased with the outcome in the end. Got nothing else to compare to besides former Superlux HD681EVO which managed to upset me with the loose bass which in the beginning liked very much. Then HP2011 came in and I started to appreciate neutral signatures more.

I'd say if you are a basshead stay away from HP2011, they are not for you. Also people complain about HP being a bit hot in the treble - I did not notice that, perhaps the burn-in process and tube amp tame that as well. That or I'm treble resilient anyway, don't know.

If you're into even warmer signatures with more bass perhaps see reviews of ISK MDH9000 in this thread (also identical clones Marantz MPH-2 and LyxPro HAS-30) - some people around here like them very much and praise them a lot; in the matter of fact I was about to pull the trigger on them as well some time ago but the prominent bass (seen in FR graph and random reviews and reports) kind of scared me. Although I'm still interested I will have to actually listen to them before buying or I'll risk another Superlux bass fatigue.

Thanks Adide!
I will consider the HP2011. I am skeptical about it because of the fixed cable. Sound wise i don't think I'll have an issue.
I want it for office use. I have M50X but its too bulky looking to wear in the office. Takstar and ISK headbands look sleeker so it will be fine to wear in the office.

BTW, are the earpads removable?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #1,168 of 7,153
Where you seeing the HM5 pads for $12?

The Brainwavz pads go on sale for half price at least a couple of times a year (usually as Amazon flash deals). For example, I just picked up the sheepskin leather pads for $24.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10336632-b...-over-the-ear-headphones-13-00-f-s-with-prime
https://slickdeals.net/f/10330812-b...ry-foam-earpad-for-24-5-amazon-lightning-deal

You can set up a price alert on slick deals or even camelcamelcamel to get notified when they are on sale.

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #1,169 of 7,153
Aug 2, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #1,170 of 7,153
I use HP2011 in the office as well.
For the home setup I'm still waiting for my Bosshifi B8 order to deliver (Superlux gone now).
Also some other (pricier) option is the new Takstar Pro 82 - haven't heard them but they are next on my list.
Check out the thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/takstar-pro-82-review-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/.

Cool.
Unfortunately Bosshifi & Takstar Pro 82 are out of my budget.
If there isn't much of a price difference, then I might just buy MDH8500 over HP2011. The frequency response is almost identical but it has more sub-bass extension which i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back