Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Aug 4, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #1,186 of 7,153
Aug 4, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #1,187 of 7,153
Aug 4, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #1,188 of 7,153
Hi

I've read all 79 pages, very interesting!

I have already a Takstar (80 I think), a Senn Momentum Over Ear and a Focal Spirit One S and I'm looking for another (or some others) HP. Like a lot HP :D
I've ordered a Meizu HD50 and a Oneodio Studio monitor.
Somme recommendations for the HP? Like earpads or something else?

What do you think about Intone HP? Seen on Aliexpress?

Many thanks

Intone is dollar store junk (if it's the Intone I'm thinking of).

I've bought 2 different Intone headphones before I knew any better. Worst headphones I've ever owned. Cable was cheap and had ridiculously high impedance, headphone construction is really subpar, the cable was removable but had a loose connection on 1 pair so it crackled and lost connection on 1 side when I would move around, and the sound was beyond terrible. I spent many hours trying to mod them to at least get respectable sound and reliable cable connections before I just chucked them in the trash and swore off the brand.

The Meizu is as opposite as you can get - top notch Apple-like quality and design, excellent sound, premium accessories. I liked the HD50 so much I bought 2 more pairs and have given countless as gifts. They are the most comfortable on-ear headphones I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot - at stores, friends, family, coworkers, not to mention my own pairs). I even modded 1 pair to be full open-backed.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,189 of 7,153
The B8 is a very balanced headphone with a great treble signature and clean bass, the Sivga (which is not a B7 the center hole is much bigger) has much more bass punch, it goes lower but is more mid focused. It is like the range has been shifted down a tad from the B8. I like both headphones but as I have a small head The Sigva SV007 fits better because the pads are actually higher than the B8 ones, they press down on the top of my ears

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #1,191 of 7,153
Aug 5, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #1,192 of 7,153
To those interested about B7 - please go back in this thread and read the reports, many found them lacking sonically and even having some sort of hollowness if I remember correctly. I'm not saying they are bad (at least as much many liked them) just make sure you have all the facts and not picking them up only because they are open and thus suposedly have a bigger soundstage, airyness etc. that's not always true, at least not in this price range anyway.

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,194 of 7,153
This new Sigva SV007 is certainly not a B7, The low end is excellent. It just isn't as bright as a B8

The Sigva SV005 looks exactly like the BossHiFi B7 but do we know if they have the same drivers or the same tuning? That SV 007 does look like it is in a different class and Hungrypanda's comments certainly indicate that.

I have a B8. It is bright compared to some of my headphones but I do like it. Slightly heavy on my head but I have neck problems with many headphones.

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #1,196 of 7,153
just make sure you have all the facts and not picking them up only because they are open and thus suposedly have a bigger soundstage, airyness etc. that's not always true, at least not in this price range anyway.

I have some closed phones that have a bigger soundstage than some open phones. Open vs closed is not the only factor and soundstage is not necessarily the most important thing to consider. There is no perfect headphone, no matter what the price. In the end we only need whatever allows us to enjoy our music.

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,197 of 7,153
Anyone ever heard of these?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...adphones-DIY-that-can/107098_32814142138.html

Thinking about getting it tomorrow alongside yenona studio pro and KZ ZSE but im really sceptical about this one specifically.
BTW Great thread!

They look super nice. Browsed ali for several hp with these shell, always expensive and with no review, this one though is the opposite.

About the yenonas I can recomend them. The oneodio seems to be a upgraded version though. More metal into the building and some cosmetic changes

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #1,198 of 7,153
I have no idea if these were Chinese made, but my Griffin Woodtones from Amazon came in today. The ones listed here:

https://www.amazon.com/Griffin-GC36502-WoodTones-Headphones-Smartphones/dp/B00DWGHTQM

Seriously for $12 the sound quality and comfort is excellent. Bass is a little loose and rumbly, but beyond that everything else is flat, detailed, and clear. Extra bass so if you are into bass it is there, but I didn't hear it over power the mid or mid-bass region. The main complaints to these are the build quality and I must say it doesn't remind me premium build quality. Still it isn't bad with my initial impression, but it does squeak. The squeaking can be heard while playing so it isn't great on isolation either. The earpads touch a bit, but the clamping force is light enough it is not all that noticeable. They are closed back so not much sound stage, but better soundstage than many other closed backs I heard surprisingly.

Not much I can say more than that. $12 it was WAYYYYY worth it. The internet says at one point these were listed at $100. sound quality wise they are easily worth $100. Build quality on the band and joint may not be $100, but way better than cheap cans I've used before.
How are these holding up for you? I have been eyeing these for a while, but the reviews saying the headphone snapped a part shortly after using them makes me really want to avoid them. Sure they are only $12, but I really don't want to get attached to something that will eventually become detached. do they seem like they will hold up if you are very very gentle with them? Or is the case of no matter what you do they are going to snap?

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #1,199 of 7,153
How are these holding up for you? I have been eyeing these for a while, but the reviews saying the headphone snapped a part shortly after using them makes me really want to avoid them. Sure they are only $12, but I really don't want to get attached to something that will eventually become detached. do they seem like they will hold up if you are very very gentle with them? Or is the case of no matter what you do they are going to snap?

They feel decent and are holding up well. The main compliant is that they are weak at the rotating hinge joint. I think with proper care they should last fine. Just don't over turn them when setting them down. I think most people that break them did that.

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #1,200 of 7,153
Those sigva sv007's Look really good. Maybe it is what I hoped B7 to be. Fully open, Be coated driven, angled baffle. B7 is more of a semi open closed sounding headphone. Sigvas also remind me of upcoming klipsch reference headphones that are IMO one of the best looking headphones ever. Anyone know of a seller with worldwide shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back