Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,141 of 7,153
There's a used pair on Amazon for $0.05 with free shipping (that's 5 PENNIES). That seems like a pretty good deal to me. Add the HM5 pads, and you're in like flynn for $12.05

Update: I just bought them. We'll see how good they turn out to be for $0.05

That 5 cent one was not there earlier this morning. Would be careful buying that as it is a completely third party sale. It may even be broken. Then again if it is broken, at 5 cents it may be worth using it to do custom diy work on.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #1,142 of 7,153
That 5 cent one was not there earlier this morning. Would be careful buying that as it is a completely third party sale. It may even be broken. Then again if it is broken, at 5 cents it may be worth using it to do custom diy work on.

Yeah, I can stand to lose $0.05 if it doesn't man out. Even if something is broken beyond repair, I'm sure I can strip more than $0.05 worth of parts from it - earpads, drivers, cable, headband.

I've gotten some incredible deals on headphones that needed simple repairs - $100 for $9, $400 for $60, etc. Usually brand new open box returns that just need a simple fix like 1 driver resoldered, replace a defective 3.5mm plug that someone bent, or repair a broken headband hinge.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #1,143 of 7,153
Multi quoting works on the new platform, it's just to press "reply" on all the post you'd like to respond to any they'll all show up like quotes in your answer.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,144 of 7,153
Multi quoting works on the new platform, it's just to press "reply" on all the post you'd like to respond to any they'll all show up like quotes in your answer.
True, but then our post count would not increase as fast ...:smile_phones: :smile_phones::smile_phones:

Actually when I see a post with many quotes in it I find the various topics a bit messier to follow but maybe that is just me.

Meanwhile with all the talk about the BossHIFI B8 I had to get mine out this afternoon. The sound signature is a bit a shock after listening earlier to my Sennheiser 598s but I do adjust fairly quickly to different sound signatures. I suppose that is why I have more headphones than I do heads...

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #1,145 of 7,153
True, but then our post count would not increase as fast ...:smile_phones: :smile_phones::smile_phones:

Actually when I see a post with many quotes in it I find the various topics a bit messier to follow but maybe that is just me.

Meanwhile with all the talk about the BossHIFI B8 I had to get mine out this afternoon. The sound signature is a bit a shock after listening earlier to my Sennheiser 598s but I do adjust fairly quickly to different sound signatures. I suppose that is why I have more headphones than I do heads...

Same. If the topic I am multi-quoting is all the same then I'll multi-quote. I'm not going to respond to a bunch of different people on different topics in the same post. That is just hard to follow.

I have a bunch of headphones now, and have owned a bunch over the years. I'm not terribly picky or elitist so I am satisfied with many different sound signatures. That isn't to say I haven't ran into bad sounding headphones. There are plenty of terrible ones that are either very tinny, or so muffled it sounds like you are listening underwater. As long as the headphones don't have that bad of a sound quality, I can tend to enjoy what comes out of them.

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #1,148 of 7,153
Have you test the b8 with any other pad? I think HM5 angled pads would probably make the sound too stand-offish seeing how the drivers are already angled to begin with...

I have not. The only pad changes I have ever done were to put Brainwavz Hybrid pads on my t50rp mk3 and msr7pads on my Nad Hp50. Both with good results but wrestling those Brainwavz onto the Fostex was brutal.

I don't mind the stock pads on the B8. Do you find them uncomfortable?

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #1,150 of 7,153
@slaterlovesspam They don't look right with the pads on, but the seller claims they're meant for our headphones. If you're at all curious, I could send you a pic showing how out of place they look on the Momentum, but they did fit without tearing, just a lot of work.

@Humblepie Mind giving a link for B8 with case? I'm sure it's here somewhere, but it could be a couple pages or a dozen pages back, maybe more.

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #1,151 of 7,153
@slaterlovesspam They don't look right with the pads on, but the seller claims they're meant for our headphones. If you're at all curious, I could send you a pic showing how out of place they look on the Momentum, but they did fit without tearing, just a lot of work.

Thanks for the offer, but I can imagine how ridiculous they look haha

The seller is mistaken. They are definitely intended for the Momentum on-ears. The dimensions match other on-ear replacement pads I found online.

As far as the correct pad, I located one here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80x...t-brand-headphones-8cm-x-7cm/32540522244.html

It's protein leather and not sheepskin (and black only). But at least it's the proper 80mmx70mm size, with roughly the same ID and same type of mesh fabric on the ID edge. So the sound should basically be identical to the stock pad. 80x70mm is an oddball size, so it's really slim pickings.

I'll know for sure when they arrive in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back