Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 10, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #46 of 7,153
Anyone tried these? I'm curious about the oval pads, does that turn them into circumaural? 

If you go into the head gear sub forum I'm pretty sure there's some reviews of them there (probably from at least a year ago iirc).

Hisoundfi
Vince, do I remember correctly that you've got these? Maybe it was you that reviewed them as well, wouldn't be a big surprise lol.....

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #47 of 7,153
If you go into the head gear sub forum I'm pretty sure there's some reviews of them there (probably from at least a year ago iirc).

Hisoundfi
Vince, do I remember correctly that you've got these? Maybe it was you that reviewed them as well, wouldn't be a big surprise lol.....
Guilty as charged :)

They are great!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/xiaomi-mi-headphone/reviews/14656

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #48 of 7,153
Guilty as charged :)

They are great!

Man, I'm mostly impressed by my memory :wink:

Maybe I'm not as old as I feel sometimes ha ha......

Thanks for confirming bro.

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #49 of 7,153
Man, I'm mostly impressed by my memory
wink.gif

Maybe I'm not as old as I feel sometimes ha ha......

Thanks for confirming bro.

Get the memory man a drink! Mind you at Norwegian prices a pair of IEM might be cheaper.

Thanks Vince and Peter. Found a pair on Fleabay will give them a go

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #50 of 7,153
Get the memory man a drink! Mind you at Norwegian prices a pair of IEM might be cheaper.

Thanks Vince and Peter. Found a pair on Fleabay will give them a go

Nice, let us know how you like them.

Yeah, every time I feel like having a beer at a pub here I rather drop it and order a par of $100 IEM's and save some money :wink:

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #51 of 7,153
  Do you have these Marantz MPH-2's? You've tried them? Very interesting... Can you give more detail about how they sound?

(I've been jonesing about these for weeks, but afraid of ending up w/junk)

They must be a rebrand of the ISK mdh9000's, which as someone else pointed out on the Takstar thread, are pretty much only available in the U.S. through Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160930091038&SearchText=isk+mdh9000

The same 'phones (they sure look the same) appear as LyxPro HAS-30: available on Amazon for ~$50 including shipping..
(https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-HAS-30-Headphones-Professional-Entertainment/dp/B018Y5CVO0)

And for even less money (but possibly lacking that locking input jack) as Stellar Labs (HC-5985) on the MCM Electronics website as Part #35-5985.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/35-5985

Yes they are a rebrand of the ISK's, the LyxPro and Stellar Labs must be also.

The Marantz Pro MPH-2's have became my go-to headphones for almost everything. I was deeply surprised when I first listened to them, they have full spectrum sound;
Deep bass right down to 16-18 Hertz but it's not bloated or artificial...it's rounder and detailed like Denon AH-D2000's.
Smooth mid's perhaps a little recessed but still impressive.
Treble clarity is really impressive, Micro details are present.

Overall it's a very fine headphone. Definitely competes with headphones in the $150 - $250 market. I'm actually considering buying a second pair as I have came to depend on them for mixing/mastering music and they may not be in production for very long.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #52 of 7,153

Yes they are a rebrand of the ISK's, the LyxPro and Stellar Labs must be also.

The Marantz Pro MPH-2's have became my go-to headphones for almost everything. I was deeply surprised when I first listened to them, they have full spectrum sound;
Deep bass right down to 16-18 Hertz but it's not bloated or artificial...it's rounder and detailed like Denon AH-D2000's.
Smooth mid's perhaps a little recessed but still impressive.
Treble clarity is really impressive, Micro details are present.

Overall it's a very fine headphone. Definitely competes with headphones in the $150 - $250 market. I'm actually considering buying a second pair as I have came to depend on them for mixing/mastering music and they may not be in production for very long.

(creaking sound of a wallet slowly opening, like casket lid)

I'm just gonna have to buy these headphones now. You're the 1st Head-Fi-er I know of who's actually heard these things--your comments are pretty compelling.

Plus I've been posting things about another pair of inexpensive Chinese headphones, the Yenona's (saying pretty similar things), so I know real quality can happen between $50 and $100.

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #54 of 7,153
Guilty as charged
smily_headphones1.gif

They are great!

@peter123 @Hisoundfi

They turned up this morning, initial thoughts are very positive but I'll give them some more eartime, they're certainly striking. There's a definite change in sound which each of the ear pads, not sure I like the small PU ones.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #56 of 7,153

@peter123 @Hisoundfi

They turned up this morning, initial thoughts are very positive but I'll give them some more eartime, they're certainly striking. There's a definite change in sound which each of the ear pads, not sure I like the small PU ones.

Never saw the Xiaomi Mi's before--they're very striking/different looking. 3 earpads, each w/very different design & sound? That's not totally new, but the degree of differences between the 3 pads seems larger than other headphones offering multiple pads (ie, ZMF Omni's). 

But I'm not clear on how the pads are changed, even after reading that excellent review. Does the plastic pad holder remain attached to the earcups, then each earpad is dismounted/mounted to the pad holder?

If yes--and given that the largest ear pads, the "over the ear" ones are of most interest to me, and their depth was mentioned as possibly being inadequate for some listeners--I'm wondering if this headphone can accommodate after-market pads? As a huge fan of Brainwavz HM5 "Extra Thick" pads (they definitely improved the 2 headphones I've put them on), I wonder if these or other large pads are useable w/these.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #57 of 7,153
The pads have a bayonet style mechanism that stays with the pad, the larger pads do have some sort of clip that might be removable to allow fitting alternative pads, but they're glued as well. The pad size is the same size as the Brainwavz ones as well

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #60 of 7,153
  I remember reading some good things about the ISK headphones, can't remember which model though...

There a couple which are very similar to the Takstar/Hyper X cloud lines. The HP2011 is the one I have, similar to the Pro 80 as they're closed back.

Seem to be quite accurate but I intend to mod them a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back