Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 28, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #571 of 7,153
peter123 thanks bro! That is some good news to me lol. But it also mean i will be spending more money....

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #572 of 7,153
Guys,
Any idea where to buy takstar hd5800 in asia?
Which 1 better in terms of sound quality & comfort: takstar hd5800, edifier h850 or yenona dj free?
1 more last question.
I like takstar hd5800 but cannot find it on taobao. im still not sure which 1 is better between edifier h850 vs yenona, but 1 thing for sure that i dont like is h850 has no inline mic.
Any idea with which inline mic cable i can replace it?
Thanks a lot

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #573 of 7,153
I never use my kingston cloud II (pro 80) anymore since i got the mdh-9000's, just for gaming on xbox live and thats pretty much it. I do prefer my hifiman 400i but cant use them all the time since they leak sound like crazy. The 400i is not really in the same price as the x2 but they had a sale where i picked them up for $350 cad which is close to $200 USD and they are amazing. Currently waiting on the little dot i+ as standard solid state amps are not the best pairing with the 400i. You can check them out and might be able to snag a pair of leftover black friday stock, im pretty sure they are a league ahead of the x2s from what ive heard but i cant say personally.

Hows the sound of MDH9000 compared to Cloud 2? Deciding wich one to buy for gaming/metal music. I will get a modmic aswell. Is the sound warm?

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #574 of 7,153
Hows the sound of MDH9000 compared to Cloud 2? Deciding wich one to buy for gaming/metal music. I will get a modmic aswell. Is the sound warm?

They are an upgrade over the hyper x/ pro 80...not by a large margin but definately an upgrade. They have a very deep bass, i had to stuff cotton behind the drivers to help control the bass a little and now they sound great. Never did it overpower the frequency ranges just wanted less bass and a bit tighter which the cotton helped.The sound is deeper with a large soundstage, where the pro 80 is more harsh and in your face. The pro 80s have more trebel energy, but they also have a dip somewhere in the 6000 khz range which is annoying sometimes. The pro 80s can also sound tizzy at times and fake where the isks have a very natural treble and midrange. In a nutshell the isk's can be considered basshead cans, but the bass can be easily controlled. Even though im not a basshead i can appreciate how low the bass extends into the sub regions. If you are a treble head the isks might disapoint, as they roll off very gently. Yes they are warm and dark, they pair well with cold or nuetral sources, they are quite comfortable and theor sound signature allows you to listen to them for hours. They are actually decent for video games, i still prefer my 598s for games though as they have a larger soundstage. I primarily use them when i dont want to disturb others and i cant use my hifiman 400i, for that theybwork excellent and could not ask for a better prpducut for thenmoney

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #575 of 7,153
They are an upgrade over the hyper x/ pro 80...not by a large margin but definately an upgrade. They have a very deep bass, i had to stuff cotton behind the drivers to help control the bass a little and now they sound great. Never did it overpower the frequency ranges just wanted less bass and a bit tighter which the cotton helped.The sound is deeper with a large soundstage, where the pro 80 is more harsh and in your face. The pro 80s have more trebel energy, but they also have a dip somewhere in the 6000 khz range which is annoying sometimes. The pro 80s can also sound tizzy at times and fake where the isks have a very natural treble and midrange. In a nutshell the isk's can be considered basshead cans, but the bass can be easily controlled. Even though im not a basshead i can appreciate how low the bass extends into the sub regions. If you are a treble head the isks might disapoint, as they roll off very gently. Yes they are warm and dark, they pair well with cold or nuetral sources, they are quite comfortable and theor sound signature allows you to listen to them for hours. They are actually decent for video games, i still prefer my 598s for games though as they have a larger soundstage. I primarily use them when i dont want to disturb others and i cant use my hifiman 400i, for that theybwork excellent and could not ask for a better prpducut for thenmoney

I haven't heard the Takstar, Hyper X, any of the clones of that basic design. Avoided them precisely because of what @trivium911 says here--either "excessive treble energy" or just "neutral," it would mean ear-pain for me if I tried.

But I 1 have heard 3 examples of the ISK MDH9000 design (there are numerous re-badges of it). I've owned 2 Marantz MPH-2's (gave 1 away, kept the other); and a LyxPro HAS-30 (just gave that away). All 3 sounded absolutely identical--and IMO, extremely good. They look nearly identical, differing only in meaningless accent features. For all basic purposes, all the ISK re-badges seem to be just about identical.

Sound is so personal. I don't perceive the bass as being excessive, though it may be slightly elevated; if so, it's an even/shallow elevation w/no "midbass hump" at all. More important to me, the quality of the bass is just as good as the quantity. Have checked these 3 'phones on my most revealing bass-rich music (ie, bass from synths; electric bass; string bass; marimbas; etc). Everything sounds distinct and life-like.

Midrange & treble are (again IMO) just about ideal--no exaggerated frequencies anywhere.. Soundstaging is also a little above average for closed backs.

If I didn't know the true price of my Marantz MPH-2's, I'd guess ~$200-$300, based on sonic qualities (appearance is pretty good, too).

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #576 of 7,153
Thanks for the answers! Just ordered a pair of HAS-30 from Amazon uk to Sweden for 47£. They will be used when I need closed cans. My main cans, which I love, is the Philips X1. Actually got a spare pair in case they broke..

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #577 of 7,153
Thanks for the answers! Just ordered a pair of HAS-30 from Amazon uk to Sweden for 47£. They will be used when I need closed cans. My main cans, which I love, is the Philips X1. Actually got a spare pair in case they broke..

You're welcome. I think you'll like the sound of the HAS-30's.

I have the Philips X2, which is extremely similar to the X1. Those are wonderful headphones--big, strongly built, comfortable, and the sound is hard to criticize. I was listening to my X2's all weekend.

My Marantz MPH-2's (clone of HAS-30's) are so good that they became my go-to HPs, at least for past couple months. They're lighter & easier to manage than the Fidelio...and sound great on everything.

But I still love my X2's!

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #578 of 7,153
I haven't heard the Takstar, Hyper X, any of the clones of that basic design. Avoided them precisely because of what @trivium911 says here--either "excessive treble energy" or just "neutral," it would mean ear-pain for me if I tried.

But I 1 have heard 3 examples of the ISK MDH9000 design (there are numerous re-badges of it). I've owned 2 Marantz MPH-2's (gave 1 away, kept the other); and a LyxPro HAS-30 (just gave that away). All 3 sounded absolutely identical--and IMO, extremely good. They look nearly identical, differing only in meaningless accent features. For all basic purposes, all the ISK re-badges seem to be just about identical.

Sound is so personal. I don't perceive the bass as being excessive, though it may be slightly elevated; if so, it's an even/shallow elevation w/no "midbass hump" at all. More important to me, the quality of the bass is just as good as the quantity. Have checked these 3 'phones on my most revealing bass-rich music (ie, bass from synths; electric bass; string bass; marimbas; etc). Everything sounds distinct and life-like.

Midrange & treble are (again IMO) just about ideal--no exaggerated frequencies anywhere.. Soundstaging is also a little above average for closed backs.

If I didn't know the true price of my Marantz MPH-2's, I'd guess ~$200-$300, based on sonic qualities (appearance is pretty good, too).

I can agree that they sound far better than they cost. Worth every penny.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #579 of 7,153

Thanks, what's the sound signature? How do they compare with the Status Audio one that you have?

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #580 of 7,153

Thanks, what's the sound signature? How do they compare with the Status Audio one that you have?

I've posted comments here repeatedly about the sound signature of the Marantz MPH-2's/LyxPro HAS-30's...also the CB-1's. Here are a few links (several include comments about the Yenona Adapter Free DJ headphones):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/555#post_13209371

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/525#post_13197106

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/435#post_13168162

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/435#post_13167486

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/420#post_13158735

BTW, I have my CB-1's F.S. only because they sound a lot like the Marantz'/LyxPro's in frequency range & general even-ness of frequency reproduction. They have what I would call a friendly/welcoming sound, not clinical or cold. Excellent headphones, also rather comfortable, and with just about the best stock earpads I've ever seen--but they're not quite as good as the Marantz'/LyxPro's (Marantz MPH-2's are my current favorite closed-back design).

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #581 of 7,153
So... I received the Bosshifi B7. Or should I say I received something that looks like bosshifi B7. Headphones came in a cardboardbox in a bubblewrap. No text on the box, no text on the headphones either except for the L and R indicators on the headband. Good thing I did not buy the headphones for the brand name only :)

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. Lately I have not had much time for headphone listening so my ears are definately off tune. Little home listening I've done has been with quite expensive JVC DX1000 and at work I'm listening to hearing protectors with JVC HA-S400 drivers that have NO bass to speak off. 

Briefly about the build quality. These are as good as they look in pictures. Simply gorgeous. If I did not know better and someone said these are a $1000 headphones I would believe them. Earpads are very comfortable but not memory foam. So you don't quite get that luxurious feeling you get with HM5 pads. Headband is heavily padded. I think one could wear these for hours without discomfort. These are not the lightest headphones around but the weight is well distributed. There is lot of room for adjustment, I have medium head and I have about 2/3 of the "clicks" unused. So large heads may apply, unless you have large ears. The earpad openings are small. 

About sound quality I'm not so sure. There is bass. Alot of bass. Msur N550's as stock with the better pads are bass heavy but from the memory not as bass heavy as B7. With bass like this mids come off as recessed and there are not much going on the upper frequencies either. I think bass-mids-highs ratio is quite similar to Logitech UE6000 without anc. And that is by memory alone.

I'd be fine with all the bass but there are a lot of reverbs and bloatiness. It is quite obvious when I close the hole on the cups with my hands. After taking off my hands it feels like I'm listening to music under water.

Some modding might be in order and luckily the reasons causing all these imperfections are quite obvious. First of all the sound is kind of veiled, and no wonder because the pads have quite thick foam on them. Unfortunately the foam cover does not come off without cutting that off so you have to break the pads. Or replace the pads. Replacing the pads might not be a bad idea. I think that portion of the driver points directly at underneath of the pad so a pad with small opening is a weird idea from the makers of this headphone. Also the angled drivers and small earpad opening doent really give justice to the concept of an angled driver. What is the point of an angled driver if most of your auricle is enclosed in a small earhole of the pad? Seems weird.

On the other hand I might be completely wrong.  B7 have terrific imaging. And I don't mean terrific imaging for $60 headphone but a terrific imaging for a headphone at any price. Soundstage on B7 is quite small, but deep... But how everything is layed in there is very impressive. I even got some weird hd800 flasbacks..."oh yeah, that is how sennheisers did that" :) This gives me hope, I believe there is a great headphone underneath all the excessive bass and weird reverbs.

As stock B7 are kind of a disappointment. I was expecting an improvement over stock N550 but I did not get it. I was hoping a solid performing headphone that does not require pad swaps or mods. Some modding is still required to reach the drivers potential but these angled drivers and great imaging that came with those is a welcome upgrade over N550.  I'm sure many people will love unmodded B7 but someone like me looking for more "audiophile aproved" sound has to do some modding again.

Ah..allmost forgot. I opened the headphones. These are indeed open/semi open. There is a thick foam underneath the hole. So some modding can be done there also. These don't sound that open.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #582 of 7,153

I've posted comments here repeatedly about the sound signature of the Marantz MPH-2's/LyxPro HAS-30's...also the CB-1's. Here are a few links (several include comments about the Yenona Adapter Free DJ headphones):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/555#post_13209371

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/525#post_13197106

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/435#post_13168162

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/435#post_13167486

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/420#post_13158735

BTW, I have my CB-1's F.S. only because they sound a lot like the Marantz'/LyxPro's in frequency range & general even-ness of frequency reproduction. They have what I would call a friendly/welcoming sound, not clinical or cold. Excellent headphones, also rather comfortable, and with just about the best stock earpads I've ever seen--but they're not quite as good as the Marantz'/LyxPro's (Marantz MPH-2's are my current favorite closed-back design).

Thanks again

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #583 of 7,153
Feb 1, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #584 of 7,153
Hi,
I finally order Edifier H850 & the 1.2m cable replacement.
However, I want to know if you guys who happens to have H850 and many other headphone, if any I can replace it with other cable with inline mic (no need with locking mechanism, as long as it fits & not loose).
Thanks a lot

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #585 of 7,153
I've had the LIEBCHEN Mark II and Mark III on my wishlist for probably 2 months by now. I'm still not able to buy them due to other priorities but thought some might be interested that they're on sale at the moment. $54.66 (Mark II) and $69.72 (Mark III).

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/LIEDCHEN-MARK-II-Headphones-HIFI-Monitor-Headband-With-MIC-Ultra-Bass-Stereo-USB-Plug-For-PC/2343117_32706285930.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.O90J1P

Any particular reason you're curious about these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back