Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 2, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #601 of 7,153
Well, the MPH-2 were still $39.99 at the time, and I had $5 of rewards credit, so I don't see how I could go far wrong for $35! Too bad they're on backorder and I have to wait.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #602 of 7,153
  Well, the MPH-2 were still $39.99 at the time, and I had $5 of rewards credit, so I don't see how I could go far wrong for $35! Too bad they're on backorder and I have to wait.

35 dollars for these headphones? Wow!

Just checked musiciansfriend.com--they get new stock on 2/16th, so you have to wait ~2 weeks. Totally worth the wait.

Got my 1st pair @mf.com for $39.99...they were awesome; gave them to my brother, then found (to my shock) that suddenly, nobody in the US was selling them. Found a perfect/new pair on ebay for $54, but it took weeks.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #603 of 7,153
  35 dollars for these headphones? Wow!

Just checked musiciansfriend.com--they get new stock on 2/16th, so you have to wait ~2 weeks. Totally worth the wait.

Got my 1st pair @mf.com for $39.99...they were awesome; gave them to my brother, then found (to my shock) that suddenly, nobody in the US was selling them. Found a perfect/new pair on ebay for $54, but it took weeks.

These Freeboss headphones, which I assume are identical, are only $47 on Amazon with two cables included. But that's kind of a stupid name to be emblazoned on the top like that, so I'm glad I ordered the Marantz. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Freeboss-MDH9000-Headphones-Single-side-Detachable/dp/B01M7YTGGC

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #604 of 7,153
No one has ever done a proper comparison between the B8 and the MDH9000 have they? I know some people asked for a comparison, but if anyone has had them both in hand I haven't seen the post.

The B8 sure are pretty, but I placed an order for the Marantz version of the MDH9000 (I blame you Pharmaboy!) from Musicians Friend. It'll probably be a couple weeks or so until it ships though, so I could always change my mind. 

I'll do it, once it arrives

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #607 of 7,153
hmm, seems im in the market for another cheaper headphone. I just tested my takstar pro 80 thats 2.5 years. With high freq left side squeaked and hissed a little. Low freq. resulted in rattling in right side. Also worth mentioning both drivers have developed rust despite rarely used and only inside.
So much for build quality.

Looking for another headphone with wide soundstage (like the yenona) that can fit hm5 pads.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #609 of 7,153
Feb 5, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #611 of 7,153
Just curious, why picking this up from Amazon, I thought Newegg has the best price for $54.99?

Spur of the moment purchase this morning so with Prime shipping I received it this afternoon

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #613 of 7,153
Sounds more full bc of more bass but as of now less clarity, sounds more veiled in the mids. That may change with burn in of course

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #615 of 7,153
I just picked up my LyxPro HAS-30 and well, the sound is really great BUT there is a major channel imbalance on my pair.. The right headphone is much louder than the left. :frowning2: 

So now I am in between having to adjust balance each time I switch to these headphones or sending them back to Amazon UK from Sweden which I feel is kinda much work for the low price..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back