1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by slowpickr, Oct 5, 2016.
First

Back
366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375
377 378 379
Next

Last
  1. Slater
    Pharmaboy, trellus, Jumbotron and 2 others like this.
  2. BenF
    I've auditioned Meze 99 Classic - it's comfortable, has a clear sound with good timbre, but also sounds somewhat compressed with mediocre soundstage and bass quality varies from song to song.
    If it was a Chi-fi product, no one would pay more than 60$-70$ for it.

3. MaDMaxiBo
    isnt there any better option than Takstar Pro 82 ? about same price, 50 usd...
    for years there are suggestions for pro 82...

4. BenF
    Try Bosshifi B8

5. Slater
    Closed or open?

What sound signature are you looking for?

Big head, little head?

On ears or over ears?

Portability for wearing out in public, or home/studio listening only?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  6. Bartig
    I've not opened this thread for a month and we're still on the no-nonsense but nothing- special Bosshifi B8? Every other kind of portable audio seems to have faster developments than wired budget headphones. :)

pashhtk27 likes this.
  7. Slater
    It’s just been my observation, but I think as an industry things have really shifted towards earphones, and especially Bluetooth and total wireless earphones. Especially with regards to ChiFi.

It seems for every 1 full size headphone, there’s 10 wired earphones. And for every 1 wired earphone, there’s 10 total wireless earphone.

It’s sad.

Supply and demand I guess.

8. Bartig
    Yep, not to mention Bluetooth headphones and gaming headsets...

Jumbotron and Slater like this.
  9. BenF
    What developments do you expect in wired headphones? They are all about sound quality, not features.

flamesofarctica likes this.
  10. pkrussel
    Thanks for all your advice.
    I just ordered the 1More H1707 on Amazon. Probably going to order the Shanling up2 next week.
    I went for the 1more mainly because ordering at Amazon I have warranty. And I hear good stories about the H1707 as well.

Slater and mbwilson111 like this.
  11. mbwilson111
    Good choice. I think you will like it.

Slater likes this.
  12. Precious Antique Cans
    Hi guys.

I'm a newly registered member to head-fi, quick intro; I've been reading this thread for months (years?) and I'd just like to thank you all for the valuable chi-fi insights. I'm very pleased with the Yenona/OneOdio Adapter-free 'phones. Best value for the money I've seen in audio for a while! It's GREAT when this hobby doesn't require spending large sums !

I expect a (cloned/repacked) pair of the ISK MDH9000's to arrive within the next couple of days. The version I've ordered seems to be unique to the others in one way, if the seller's photos are accurate... No branding on them at all. They are the Stellar Labs HC-5985 version. Paid $39.99 USD for them, free shipping.

Doesn't seem to be much known about this version, so I'll post an update/impressions when they arrive :)

13. Precious Antique Cans
    Well, they arrived.

As it turns out, they do have branding on them. The Stellar Labs logo on the outside of the cups. After listening to them over the last week, and AB'ing them with the OneOdio's, I can say with some certainty that they were worth the money! Impressions? For those interested, I mainly have compared them to the OneOdio's.

The Stellar's are deeper; both in the detail and bass departments. Not as dark as the OneOdio's, either. I do prefer a darker sounding headphone though, but I wouldn't describe the Stellar's as sibilant or grating. Just enough treble, and I actually find them a nice complementary pair to switch between them and the OneOdio's.

The Stellar's are definitely more comfortable for longer sessions, to me. My pair of HM5's finally 'gave up the ghost' after years of faithful service (boohoo, I miss them) and I find the Stellar's give a similar feel on the head. Yes!

I'll stop before I write a whole review on these, as a lot has already been said about them. Final word if I were to choose between the two; the Stellar's for their comfort and deeper/longer/more critical listening sessions. The OneOdio's I will continue to use for when I'm going out, as they feel lighter on the head, are smaller, and have more relaxed sonic character.

Next I intend to experiment with the semi-open grille mod, as described by @Slater

Slipmyster and Slater like this.
  14. pack66
    Thanks for your post. I've got the Oneodio DJs and was considering the Stellar's before I picked up the DJs.

I had a pair of the Marantz clones, but I returned them. I figured I didn't give them a good test when compared to my SHP9500s, so I was going to re-buy them when I decided to give the DJs a chance first. I ended up loving the DJs, so the Stellar clones will have to wait a bit longer. Interested in your long term review between the two headsets.

Precious Antique Cans likes this.
  15. Detectit
    Try the ZX1 wide Soundstage and areal sounding.
    And it's a funky looking set.... You don't see me wearing it outside though.

First

Back
366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375
377 378 379
Next

Last