Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 18, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #5,626 of 7,153
They are closed. I love mine. I often keep them hanging near my desk.

Agreed, I love mine brought that I bought both the gold (titanium driver) and silver (graphene driver) pairs. I gave the gold set to my brother.

I have modified both with various mods:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...adphone-mods-here.867426/page-9#post-14247470

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...dphone-mods-here.867426/page-25#post-15002280

FE752E8E-1023-43FD-BC7B-A68888E0DA2C.jpeg
0B506FA6-3759-4182-AAF9-2AEB5A1A2848.jpeg
1E7ED1F5-957F-4F6B-9A2E-9DD946060347.jpeg
039D6A23-773A-488A-AEB2-88346E0B062B.jpeg

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #5,627 of 7,153
Sep 19, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #5,630 of 7,153
isnt there any better option than Takstar Pro 82 ? about same price, 50 usd...
for years there are suggestions for pro 82...

Closed or open?

What sound signature are you looking for?

Big head, little head?

On ears or over ears?

Portability for wearing out in public, or home/studio listening only?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #5,631 of 7,153
I've not opened this thread for a month and we're still on the no-nonsense but nothing- special Bosshifi B8? Every other kind of portable audio seems to have faster developments than wired budget headphones. :)

Sep 19, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #5,632 of 7,153
I've not opened this thread for a month and we're still on the no-nonsense but nothing- special Bosshifi B8? Every other kind of portable audio seems to have faster developments than wired budget headphones. :)

It’s just been my observation, but I think as an industry things have really shifted towards earphones, and especially Bluetooth and total wireless earphones. Especially with regards to ChiFi.

It seems for every 1 full size headphone, there’s 10 wired earphones. And for every 1 wired earphone, there’s 10 total wireless earphone.

It’s sad.

Supply and demand I guess.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #5,633 of 7,153
It’s just been my observation, but I think as an industry things have really shifted towards earphones, and especially Bluetooth and total wireless earphones. Especially with regards to ChiFi.

It seems for every 1 full size headphone, there’s 10 wired earphones. And for every 1 wired earphone, there’s 10 total wireless earphone.

It’s sad.

Supply and demand I guess.
Yep, not to mention Bluetooth headphones and gaming headsets...

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #5,634 of 7,153
What developments do you expect in wired headphones? They are all about sound quality, not features.

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #5,636 of 7,153
Thanks for all your advice.
I just ordered the 1More H1707 on Amazon. Probably going to order the Shanling up2 next week.
I went for the 1more mainly because ordering at Amazon I have warranty. And I hear good stories about the H1707 as well.

Good choice. I think you will like it.

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #5,637 of 7,153
Hi guys.

I'm a newly registered member to head-fi, quick intro; I've been reading this thread for months (years?) and I'd just like to thank you all for the valuable chi-fi insights. I'm very pleased with the Yenona/OneOdio Adapter-free 'phones. Best value for the money I've seen in audio for a while! It's GREAT when this hobby doesn't require spending large sums !

I expect a (cloned/repacked) pair of the ISK MDH9000's to arrive within the next couple of days. The version I've ordered seems to be unique to the others in one way, if the seller's photos are accurate... No branding on them at all. They are the Stellar Labs HC-5985 version. Paid $39.99 USD for them, free shipping.

Doesn't seem to be much known about this version, so I'll post an update/impressions when they arrive :)

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #5,638 of 7,153
Well, they arrived.

As it turns out, they do have branding on them. The Stellar Labs logo on the outside of the cups. After listening to them over the last week, and AB'ing them with the OneOdio's, I can say with some certainty that they were worth the money! Impressions? For those interested, I mainly have compared them to the OneOdio's.

The Stellar's are deeper; both in the detail and bass departments. Not as dark as the OneOdio's, either. I do prefer a darker sounding headphone though, but I wouldn't describe the Stellar's as sibilant or grating. Just enough treble, and I actually find them a nice complementary pair to switch between them and the OneOdio's.

The Stellar's are definitely more comfortable for longer sessions, to me. My pair of HM5's finally 'gave up the ghost' after years of faithful service (boohoo, I miss them) and I find the Stellar's give a similar feel on the head. Yes!

I'll stop before I write a whole review on these, as a lot has already been said about them. Final word if I were to choose between the two; the Stellar's for their comfort and deeper/longer/more critical listening sessions. The OneOdio's I will continue to use for when I'm going out, as they feel lighter on the head, are smaller, and have more relaxed sonic character.

Next I intend to experiment with the semi-open grille mod, as described by @Slater

Attachments

• 0807-E77-D-06-A4-4569-A046-35-F4-A49-A2-F10.jpg
    0807-E77-D-06-A4-4569-A046-35-F4-A49-A2-F10.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 30, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #5,639 of 7,153
Thanks for your post. I've got the Oneodio DJs and was considering the Stellar's before I picked up the DJs.

I had a pair of the Marantz clones, but I returned them. I figured I didn't give them a good test when compared to my SHP9500s, so I was going to re-buy them when I decided to give the DJs a chance first. I ended up loving the DJs, so the Stellar clones will have to wait a bit longer. Interested in your long term review between the two headsets.

Well, they arrived.

As it turns out, they do have branding on them. The Stellar Labs logo on the outside of the cups. After listening to them over the last week, and AB'ing them with the OneOdio's, I can say with some certainty that they were worth the money! Impressions? For those interested, I mainly have compared them to the OneOdio's.

The Stellar's are deeper; both in the detail and bass departments. Not as dark as the OneOdio's, either. I do prefer a darker sounding headphone though, but I wouldn't describe the Stellar's as sibilant or grating. Just enough treble, and I actually find them a nice complementary pair to switch between them and the OneOdio's.

The Stellar's are definitely more comfortable for longer sessions, to me. My pair of HM5's finally 'gave up the ghost' after years of faithful service (boohoo, I miss them) and I find the Stellar's give a similar feel on the head. Yes!

I'll stop before I write a whole review on these, as a lot has already been said about them. Final word if I were to choose between the two; the Stellar's for their comfort and deeper/longer/more critical listening sessions. The OneOdio's I will continue to use for when I'm going out, as they feel lighter on the head, are smaller, and have more relaxed sonic character.

Next I intend to experiment with the semi-open grille mod, as described by @Slater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back