Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #4,967 of 7,153
Received mine today. First impression is I think.... good light weight and comfy and hmzzz let's say strange design and materials.

It's Bass heavy and must listen more if I like it. It's not too muddy.

I was curious enough to open it. But the driver is glued in the plastic housing. So not much to see really.

Yep I took another look at the top of the driver on my M2 again and it has the same 11 clearer circles in the same place and the same sized round metal piece with the same white covering on the top

My impressions are similar, prominent bass but very nice and not muddy. Mine has definitely benefitted from some burn in, minor channel imbalances are gone and there are less peaks and dips. I think it's a keeper but one for the home, zero sound isolation and everyone can hear what you are listening to.
Best soundstage I've ever heard from anything but I'm an Audio pleb by most people's standards, take it with a grain of salt. This is my first can, but from a distant memory of listening to the Bosshifi B8 I like the M2 more. Can't wait till my AP80 gets here to see if it makes a big difference.

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #4,968 of 7,153
I received my Marantz MPH-2 today.
It sounds great out of the box, but I'll burn them in for 100 hours anyways.
They're also quite comfy.
I think I've found the perfect headphones for me.

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #4,970 of 7,153
Yep I took another look at the top of the driver on my M2 again and it has the same 11 clearer circles in the same place and the same sized round metal piece with the same white covering on the top

My impressions are similar, prominent bass but very nice and not muddy. Mine has definitely benefitted from some burn in, minor channel imbalances are gone and there are less peaks and dips. I think it's a keeper but one for the home, zero sound isolation and everyone can hear what you are listening to.
Best soundstage I've ever heard from anything but I'm an Audio pleb by most people's standards, take it with a grain of salt. This is my first can, but from a distant memory of listening to the Bosshifi B8 I like the M2 more. Can't wait till my AP80 gets here to see if it makes a big difference.
I ordered the Bosshifi on 11-11, so I'm very curious how they compare. The soundstage on the ZX1 is amazing indeed.

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #4,973 of 7,153
Another ZX1 question, has anyone used them with glasses? Is seal/bass affected? Thanks

No problem with glasses. There is no real clamp and no real seal... not needed as it is open anyway. The pads are a really huge soft sponge. It is a weird feeling at first.... like you are not really wearing anything. They defiinity need to be handled gently. You won't be throwing them in a bag.. and I doubt there is a case to fit them. They ship wrapped in bubble wrap inside the shipping box.

The bass is excellent.

for zx1 owners here, what is the soundstage of the zx1 compares to? is it like the fidelios x2?

I have never heard the fidelios but it is difficult to imagine a better soundstage. It seems speaker-like.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #4,975 of 7,153
No problem with glasses. There is no real clamp and no real seal... not needed as it is open anyway. The pads are a really huge soft sponge. It is a weird feeling at first.... like you are not really wearing anything. They defiinity need to be handled gently. You won't be throwing them in a bag.. and I doubt there is a case to fit them. They ship wrapped in bubble wrap inside the shipping box.

The bass is excellent.

Wonderful, thanks for the info. Will order a pair tomorrow

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #4,976 of 7,153
Nov 22, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #4,978 of 7,153
Great price

eBay had a 15% off coupon anything just a few days ago, that would have been even more epic!
That was yesterday, when the headphones were $39.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #4,980 of 7,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back