Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 20, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #4,951 of 7,153
Donald Trump do use them.... I 'm sure..

I think I could fit those inside my xb1000 :D IMG_20181121_021611.jpgIMG_20181121_022031.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #4,955 of 7,153
My OKCSC M2 arrived today, very nice vintage Aesthetic. I also managed to get the pads off safely and look at the drivers, pictures to come.
First impressions are positive, but I had heard people here say that they benefitted from burn in so I'll keep my mouth shut for a couple days before I say anything concrete.

Nov 21, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #4,958 of 7,153
Perhaps if somebody could photograph their ZX1 driver we could determine whether there is a difference in drivers used?

Normally I would but the ZX1 pads are very soft and spongy. I am afraid I might rip them if I try to take them off. If they ever need to be replaced I would then have to remove them. Maybe someone else is brave enough or curious enough.

Nov 21, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #4,959 of 7,153
Normally I would but the ZX1 pads are very soft and spongy. I am afraid I might rip them if I try to take them off. If they ever need to be replaced I would then have to remove them. Maybe someone else is brave enough or curious enough.
Same! Sorry! It just survived water. :)

Nov 21, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #4,960 of 7,153
IMAG2588.jpg
Received mine today. First impression is I think.... good light weight and comfy and hmzzz let's say strange design and materials.

It's Bass heavy and must listen more if I like it. It's not too muddy.

I was curious enough to open it. But the driver is glued in the plastic housing. So not much to see really. IMAG2587.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #4,961 of 7,153
I haven't worn them for that long, admittedly, I was just wondering what other people did with them. They're gonna be primarily used for gaming so I'm not too bothered about sound sig, I just want to be able to wear them for 2+ hours at a time which I can't do with my current pair (Logi UE6000s which have pleather cups) without my ears getting quite warm and some soreness around them. I'll give them a longer test and see how it goes

I know Brainwavz round pads fit on this headphone. So if you really have those good stock pads (see picture below) but still want to try something else, you might try BW round hybrids (link below)--though they may change the sound slightly.

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/headphone-memory-foam-earpads-round-hybrid

lyxpro.jpg

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #4,963 of 7,153
Just realized ibasso sr1 is chi-fi headphone, not a cheap one though at $499. But like many chi-fi it is actually good value. Sr1 has become one of My favorite headphones. Some people say it has dynamics comparable to focal utopia. . I don't know about that but it does make every headphone I've ever heard sound "lazy"in a way...dull even. True totl performance at a price that is a fraction of the price mainstream brands charge these days.

These look amazing. I love it when a headphone designer makes a visual statement...

I'm sufficiently interested to start reading the dedicated thread for these. So far people are saying very positive things about this HP.

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #4,965 of 7,153
I wouldn't use Hybrid BW pads, I did for a while and you lose out on bass. I have the Round Sheepskins on mine (I have BW Sheepskin on like 3 headphones lol) and they are the best IMO. Stock pads are really nice too, that SS just adds a bit of elegance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back