Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #35,086 of 35,472
No it's closed and one of my favorite IEMs

I think I got confused. I searched "MusicMaker TK13" on aliexpress and found this :
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-MusicMaker-TK13-BA-With-DD-3-Units-Headphone-HIFI-Fever-Music-Marker-T012-In/519064_32645678431.html

The title says it's TK13, but also TO12. And on the earphone in the picture, you can clearly see it's TO12. And it is an open-back iem.

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #35,087 of 35,472
Sep 17, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #35,088 of 35,472
  They're now on burn-in process and right out of the box i have listened music on them for about 30 minutes but how much I listened i think they are very well comparable with that very famous no name iem which also i have one. 

Yeah to my ears they are similar to the banned IEM, except with less sibilance and treble that doesn't kill my ears

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #35,089 of 35,472
Yeah to my ears they are similar to the banned IEM, except with less sibilance and treble that doesn't kill my ears

Foam tips or Kombi tips and/or Silver cable helps tremendously. My favorite IEM and I'm treble sensitive

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #35,091 of 35,472

Just a metal mesh doesn't automatically mean it is (heavily) vented. For example, some KZ models and the Simgot EN700 have the mesh just as a visual thing with the actual vents being smaller and of less quantity.

I see. But when I search "TO12" on taobao.com, like:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-2025773927.54.5AHEwy&id=529469999275

If you understand Chinese or google translate:
开放式一圈二铁3单元圈铁耳机
型号:TO12
It says it's open back.

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #35,094 of 35,472
Sep 17, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #35,095 of 35,472
No feedback is not proof as it is early and nothing has feedback this early so what does that really prove. Price isn't proof either since $18 XE800 are not fake. So less than $90 XE800's can be real so why not less than $60 LZ's. Let's here from LZ or some buyers that can compare perhaps. Otherwise we don't know just yet.

7 have ordered. Anyone on Head-fi??

Sep 17, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #35,096 of 35,472
I haven't read so much divisiveness in this forum probably ever? It's quite alarming reading so much bitterness. Because what? A few bit on highly regarded earphones and they turned out to disappoint you? Listen, I recently ordered the DQS* D2***, LZ-A2, and LZ-A3s because they were recommended not just in this thread, but the Discovery thread as well. That first unmentionable one by two extremely well regarded and respected members of head-fi. I bit. IMHO those turned out to be unlistenable to me. The treble was so spiky and hot, no manner of DAP or tip rolling (even the spiral dots!!!) could take that runaway treble. I had to get rid of them, and wonder what that hell these two guys were hearing?!?! Then the Lz's, once again recommended by seasoned and respected members, turned out to disappoint me. The LZ's treble are to my ears way too rolled off and smoothed over, like the Tenore treble, for me to enjoy them. Resolution and timbre was also sub par, and soundstage narrow. You know what? I'm not blaming those guys. An awful lot of folks seemed to love that LZ sound, like folks love that smooth dark Tenore treble and resolution. They dig it. It didn't play to my aural sensibilities, but I'm not gonna get mad at the people who recommended those earphones. I'm an adult, and I took the gamble on my own. Even the P1 was bought based on the combination of my gamble and recommendations. Turned out those dynamics disappointed me as well. Great soundstage, immaculate imaging, and lush mids, but rolled off treble and lack of resolution/timbre. I didn't cry because it didn't fit how the reviews came across. I just put them up for sale and tried again. I accepted the disappointment as on me. My bad. Then I got hyped (pun intended) for the **** 4in1, and wow! The sound signature hit the spot! I had to tip roll. The UE600/500 clear silicone tips with the Tingo silver cable made them almost perfect to my ears, and on that sweet sweet timbre. Are they perfect? Nope. Slight sibilance on some tracks, dry mids, and maybe a tad too much bass, but that's a back seat to timbre/resolution/treble extension/and airiness. So try and ease up on some of these Chi-fi reviewers, and just keep hunting. Your 4in1 is right around the corner! Happy hunting!

Sep 17, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #35,098 of 35,472
LZ Z03A's treble is so spiky and unbearable to me also. Sharp as a knife and hot treble that I hate in any IEMs or headphones. I've used to treble presentation like RE0 or ER4S. And dat bass which is overwhelming and Z03A was mentioned as having neutral bass in most reviews here. :confused_face_2: So I decided to sell my LZ Z03A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back