Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #35,026 of 35,472
Tip rolling can create a noticeable change in sound depending on a few factors like ease of seal, aperture size, distance from nozzle/driver, etc.  I'm generally one that does tip rolling for seal & comfort and not to try to change the sound, but at least in one circumstance there was a very noticeable change audibly, and not due to seal as both tips achieved in this respect.  It had more to do with distance to nozzle, allowing a better capability for bass production.

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #35,027 of 35,472
so what's the train hype now? bashing china diy iem hahaha
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #35,028 of 35,472
  Tip rolling can create a noticeable change in sound depending on a few factors like ease of seal, aperture size, distance from nozzle/driver, etc.  I'm generally one that does tip rolling for seal & comfort and not to try to change the sound, but at least in one circumstance there was a very noticeable change audibly, and not due to seal as both tips achieved in this respect.  It had more to do with distance to nozzle, allowing a better capability for bass production.

Very much in agreement with this. I have had instances wherein IEMs not sitting properly in my ears giving me an uncomfortable feel and in some scenarios, sounding way too thin and lacking bass. Using right sized tips for my ears have many times improved not just the fit but the overall coherency of the sound and bass slam.

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #35,029 of 35,472

That's true. For me I tip roll just for comfort and getting a good seal for isolation and bass,thats why I like my jvc spirals so much. What I meant in my post was that I find claims that tip rolling can solve certain problems like having bright sound signature, recessed mids etc ridiculous. Some head fiers told me to tip roll to get rid of the harshness in my original dqsm, which was caused by the peaks in 2.5 and 4.5 kHz frequencies.

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #35,030 of 35,472
I couldn't agree more. The DIY market is a big mess. Anyone who wants to spend more than 200$ for an unknown N-driver DIY iem should be very careful. The established brands in China are Vsonic, DUNU, Fidue, Soundmagic. Even they have quality issues.

Some iems have good reputation in China, like flc8s, iBasso it03, Oriolus black and Oriolus grey.

Well you forgot the legendary VE Electronics. :wink:

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #35,036 of 35,472
Their boss is so badass haha you should check our his reddit ama

You meant this post
Ehttps://m.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4jz3ip/hey_this_is_lee_the_ceo_of_venture_electronics/

It worth noting, he's indeed well-heralded of his for the bada**-ery;
Simply due to his kindness of setting a new line of entry-priced for monk plus and his badass reply in every interview and board.

Lol, check out his response to those bad mouth him in massdrop.
:drop-the-mic:

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #35,037 of 35,472
Well as far as the budget Chenese iem's in here most have been worth the hype based on price and that price includes materials, build quality and most importantly sound.

My attitude is hype away because the majority that are hyped here and under 50 bones are worth at least a little hype. Nothing taken away from the long term and established manufacturers as most of them don't need hype because most of us know whT we are getting:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #35,038 of 35,472
OK. Further using the 4in1 on a daily basis. It has easily bet the previous daily driver GR07. More revealing, better highs and lows. No sibliance.
Also done well against the new Japanese Ocharaku Co-Donguri.

Can't compete with my Cosmic Ears CIEM and misses some detail revealed by my Etymotic, but overall, has come through as my daily go to iem. Well done ****.

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #35,039 of 35,472
OK. Further using the 4in1 on a daily basis. It has easily bet the previous daily driver GR07. More revealing, better highs and lows. No sibliance.
Also done well against the new Japanese Ocharaku Co-Donguri.

Can't compete with my Cosmic Ears CIEM and misses some detail revealed by my Etymotic, but overall, has come through as my daily go to iem. Well done ****.

How does the 4in1 compare to your UE TF10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back