Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #34,174 of 35,472
They are banned here and not allowed to talk about them now. Reason why you don't hear about them anymore

Ah that explains. I was also looking into some of the DIY 5 BA earphones on aliexpress. Some reviews say they outperform the Shure SE846. Anybody got experience with these low cost unknown 3-6 BA earphones? 

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #34,177 of 35,472
Hi there! 8m new in the forum and I want to buy my first ever Chinese iems... Which ones would you recommend in the 20-30$ price range? I'll be using them for commuting and public transport, so good isolation is a must. From the sound standpoint I prefer balanced headphones with present sub-bass but that don't compromise mid range at all, although if highs are slightly recessed it's not that big of a deal. Also which tips would you recommend that I can buy from AliExpress? I've been thinking about spinfits, but I don't know which size to order and I wouldn't like to waste 5 bucks in a pair of tips... Sorry for the long post and thanks for bearing with me!

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #34,178 of 35,472
Got the Vivo xe800s in.  They're a little bass light, but I'm coming from bassier earphones.  Haven't tried playing with EQ to see how they respond.  I like the slightly forward midrange, which is my preferred signature.  Soundstage is a little closer than I expected, which isn't a complaint as I like Grados in full sized cans.  A little brighter in treble than my preference. I literally just popped them in and haven't had a chance to develop any detailed first impressions. 

Wasn't excited about their build quality when I opened up the package.  The cable especially leaves a lot to be desired. 

I like the idea of the adjustable nozzles in theory, but they're another moving part and I could envision them becoming loose.  I was worried because they're a shallower fit than I typically like, but it doesn't look like I'll have a problem maintaining a seal with them.  

I'd been intending to wear them over-the-ear, but am wearing them down. 

Just under a month from China to Canada. Had to sign for them, which I thought was sorta odd.

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #34,179 of 35,472
Hi there! 8m new in the forum and I want to buy my first ever Chinese iems... Which ones would you recommend in the 20-30$ price range? I'll be using them for commuting and public transport, so good isolation is a must. From the sound standpoint I prefer balanced headphones with present sub-bass but that don't compromise mid range at all, although if highs are slightly recessed it's not that big of a deal. Also which tips would you recommend that I can buy from AliExpress? I've been thinking about spinfits, but I don't know which size to order and I wouldn't like to waste 5 bucks in a pair of tips... Sorry for the long post and thanks for bearing with me!

**** UEs with foam tips maybe? Or you could go **** 4in1 and use them over ear because the weight might be a problem for walking or public transport from what I have read

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #34,182 of 35,472
**** UEs with foam tips maybe? Or you could go **** 4in1 and use them over ear because the weight might be a problem for walking or public transport from what I have read

Well, I have the **** UEs and I agree with foam tips, as the treble is way too high for my liking and I come from the sound signature of Xiaomi Pistons 2. The vocals are clear but treble spike is crazy (due to the a higher frequency of the mid and upper range of this IEM), bass is least muddy and not too bassy like Xiaomi Pistons 2. I think i like the instrument separation of the **** UEs but needs the treble spike is too much for me hahahaha. Any IEM budget $50 which can hang the same league as **** UEs bro? 

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #34,184 of 35,472
V shaped and warm are opposites. Which would you prefer?

I wouldn't call them opposites, but yeah, they are generally different sound signatures. You can have a warm sound signature with boosted vocals and treble, which is sort of what I get the feeling he is asking for. In that case, hit up Thinksound. IMO, they have the best implementation of warm sound signatures to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back