Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #30,676 of 35,472
They're a pretty decent little earphone. Amp them if you can. @audio123
 was on the mark when he said it helps. With the NX1 it really tightens up the midbass. They also sound pretty spacious for such a tiny thing.
cheers mate! :)

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #30,677 of 35,472

Hmm......

Wait, what? Some new wearing style that's in fashion that noone's told me about? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #30,680 of 35,472
  You should add the Vsonic VSD5.
Here is a thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/748594/vsonic-vsd5-impressions-thread-vsonics-answer-to-sonys-ex1000

o.0 that is very interesting. I will give them a look! The ex1000 if I am not mistaking are king of sound-staging.....very very interesting.
Hope I'm not too late to chime in. I own the Re-400, Havi B3, Macaw Gt100s, and the TK12 (similar to TK13 from what others are saying), so it looks like you and I have similar preferences and wants.

If you're driving them straight from a phone, I'd definitely prefer the TK12 over the other due to how easy they are too drive. They are incredibly airy with a wide soundstage IMO, and this was my second purchase that I do not have any sort of regrets. The first was RE-Zero, now discontinued. Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure to play around with my TK12 amped, so I will not pass any speculations as facts.

If you're planning to amp them, I'd vote for the B3 over the Macaw, as the Macaw was simply way too trebly for me (used to consider myself a treble-head until recently). The Macaw are also really heavy, so they tend to lean out of my ears, which doesn't help with the seal. The Macaw are more airy then the B3 (largely due to treble sparkle), but I believe the B3 has a wider soundstage. One big issue I find with the Macaw is that it sounds really binaural, as if there's a small sound dead zone between your head. The TK12 completely surrounds your head, and the B3 is no slouch either.

Overall, I loved my B3 to death before it died (cable degraded over time after I accidentally nicked it), but I can't say the same for the Macaw. It's really not bad by any means, but I felt the need to buy a new IEM to get away from the treble and also for a bigger soundstage, which ended up being my TK12. If you can justify the extra 30 USD, go for the TK12/13. If you already have a killer (portable) rig and want to save a bit of money, go for the B3.

Shout out to bhazard and baycode for suggesting the B3.

EDIT:

Soundstage: TK12 > B3 > Macaw
Airiness: Macaw > TK12 > B3

Thank-you for the extremely informative reply mate! What I do not like about the B3 is that the issue of channel imbalance and build quality. I've read that individuals mentioning that cable will disintegrate, cracks will form even with light use........

So guess I will have a look at the TK12 or Macaws.
Are the TK12's same as the TK13's?

Thank-you

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #30,681 of 35,472
http://www.head-fi.org/products/deggod-remax-610d-high-performance-earphones-in-ear-headphones-patent-designed-with-high-tensile-resistance-headsets-3-5mm-jack-earbuds-for-smartphones-tablets-mp3-mp4-players-black/reviews/16366

Jul 3, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #30,683 of 35,472
o.0 that is very interesting. I will give them a look! The ex1000 if I am not mistaking are king of sound-staging.....very very interesting.
Thank-you for the extremely informative reply mate! What I do not like about the B3 is that the issue of channel imbalance and build quality. I've read that individuals mentioning that cable will disintegrate, cracks will form even with light use........

Thank-you

13 is a refined sound. 12 is a more raw sound. Both have excellent SQ

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #30,685 of 35,472

Thank-you

TK13 = TO12
TK12 is just TK12.
TK13 is something a certain Aliexpress seller decided to call the TO12 instead of its real model name.

I thought it was awfully suspicious that for a company like Musicmaker who you could find their products so easily but the TK13 was only available one place... big red flags.

Buy the TO12 not the TK13 from that one store guys.

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #30,688 of 35,472
  @AudioNewbi3

Fair enough, since I wouldn't be surprised that my B3 dying isn't entirely my fault.

No, the TK12 is not the same as the TK13 - at least not from what I've read. Twin here has been saying that the TK13 is an upgraded version of the TK12 :)

13 is a refined sound. 12 is a more raw sound. Both have excellent SQ

TK13 = TO12
TK12 is just TK12.
TK13 is something a certain Aliexpress seller decided to call the TO12 instead of its real model name.

I thought it was awfully suspicious that for a company like Musicmaker who you could find their products so easily but the TK13 was only available one place... big red flags.

Buy the TO12 not the TK13 from that one store guys.

Thanks for the info guys!
Found this on music makers official Taobao Store. So is this the TK12 or TK13?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-12351263810.27.IZ4fTg&id=529476194798

Jul 3, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #30,690 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back