Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #29,026 of 35,472

Just ordered my BossHifi B8 cans from Ali, nice looks with mahogany cups.

I hope the reviewers are right ...

They look pretty awesome. Looking forward to impressions. More headphone finds are needed, especially with the Takstar Pro 80 being discontinued. Need something else in that price range alongside the Meizu HD50 to shine.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #29,028 of 35,472

Just ordered my BossHifi B8 cans from Ali, nice looks with mahogany cups.

I hope the reviewers are right ...

Nice! Looking forward to your impressions!

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #29,029 of 35,472
I'm looking forward to see those. Maybe there's someone else who needs to get their ears checked
wink.gif

RE-Zero vs 808

GR07 vs 808

VSD5 vs 808

TTPOD-T1E vs 808

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #29,030 of 35,472
Somewhat Chinese audio related, did a Google for headphone store in the Bay Area (Audio High in Mountain View) and what showed up is that Oppo Digital has a store with demo area in Menlo Park that is literally right down the street from where I worked as a security guard from 2008-2013. IDK how longs its been there! Gonna check out both stores and see what some higher end full size cans sound like

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #29,033 of 35,472
Well look who decided to show up, fell out of the sky I guess...came included with some black fibers which look like pubic hairs. Good thing I won't be using the stock tips lol. Threw some Auvios on and listened for a total of 30-45 secs. Out of my LG V10, meh, sounds pretty bad. Out of my Fiio X3ii with E12 the sound is much better. Holy bass, mids are veiled, highs are crisp. Will def throw these on the burner and see how they turn out. Gave in and did buy another single dynamic, the Letv Reverse since they were only $10 on Amazon Prime so I paid $4 for next day air. Will probably be my go to for working out since they are so cheap, don't want to sweat into my Easy UEs

Also, my Maples developed a slight tear on the 3.5 plug strain relief, probably b/c I leave them plugged in and wrapped around my rig so it tugs to one side, applied super glue all around the relief so hopefully it will hold up.

Jun 6, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #29,034 of 35,472
  Somewhat Chinese audio related, did a Google for headphone store in the Bay Area (Audio High in Mountain View) and what showed up is that Oppo Digital has a store with demo area in Menlo Park that is literally right down the street from where I worked as a security guard from 2008-2013. IDK how longs its been there! Gonna check out both stores and see what some higher end full size cans sound like

Hey I went to pick up my HA-2 here when I bought it directly from Oppo! Super nice guys. I was on my lunch break (work in Santa Clara), so I wasn't able to chat with them too much, but they were really friendly and you should definitely take a visit to the Menlo Park location.

-Collin-

Jun 6, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #29,035 of 35,472
  Hey I went to pick up my HA-2 here when I bought it directly from Oppo! Super nice guys. I was on my lunch break (work in Santa Clara), so I wasn't able to chat with them too much, but they were really friendly and you should definitely take a visit to the Menlo Park location.

-Collin-

Do they have Planars for listening? Def want to listen to a pair. Just to hear them

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #29,039 of 35,472
  I also have the black metal version from Easy. The bass quality of my unit is not good. 

In what way do you mean not good? My 808 have fairly good quantity of bass but is slightly muddied. What I find more unappealing is the coldness of the mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back