Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #28,966 of 35,472
I have been using the boarseman cx98 s for a few days now... Not sure what to think.... The mods and highs are nice and detailed but lows are a little lacking. The headphones also seem to need some decent volume input from my players... Curious on other thoughts.....

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #28,967 of 35,472
A little off topic, but are there any Asian brands for other audio equipment?  Like speakers?  Probably some amazing deals out there to be had.

I'm sure there is, but based on the small amount of research I've made, the shipping costs tend to get pretty high, plus the fact that larger packages generally, based on my experience, get picked out in customs = import taxes. Seems to be less of a great deal because of this.. I'm sure others have more experience than me regarding this, though..

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #28,973 of 35,472

Really, can you point me in the direction of all the research out here that shows Xduoo X3 is better than FiiO X3ii? I pretty much have the iBasso on pretty even ground with the X3ii
wink_face.gif
But from that subjective point of view we all hear it just a little differently
beerchug.gif

It was tough but I went with the X3-ii. Got it delivered about 30 min ago, (Prime Same Day Shipping!). Listened briefly ootb with my TK13, using the HP out, very very good sound. Much better than the X1 had via the HP out. Haven't tried paired with my E12 yet. Just updated to FW 2.0. 

EDIT: Shipping my XDX3 back to Amazon. It's a very good player sound wise but the screen and UI just isn't for me. I have bad eyes. One thing that's a plus too is that the X3-ii is actually lighter than the XDX3, not by much but def noticeable. 

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #28,974 of 35,472
Other ghan the QKZ W1 Pro, are there any QKZ products people like? I'm a little curious about their new earbud, and only having experience with one of their products, not sure if the brand is worth taking a blind shot at.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #28,975 of 35,472
It was tough but I went with the X3-ii. Got it delivered about 30 min ago, (Prime Same Day Shipping!). Listened briefly ootb with my TK13, using the HP out, very very good sound. Much better than the X1 had via the HP out. Haven't tried paired with my E12 yet. Just updated to FW 2.0. Now to decide if I want to actually keep my Xduoo X3

For me, the real selling point of the X3 is the dual mSD slots, and rockbox is a nice bonus too. Then again I just got a 200GB mSD, so two cards isn't necessary anymore.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #28,976 of 35,472
For me, the real selling point of the X3 is the dual mSD slots, and rockbox is a nice bonus too. Then again I just got a 200GB mSD, so two cards isn't necessary anymore.

Oh yeah, you grabbed during the Amazon sale I posted right? Yeah, I have no need for the dual slots honestly. I have a ton of music but that would be a paint in the butt to deal with. Already hard enough to search through 265 songs on one card. 

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #28,977 of 35,472
Jun 4, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #28,978 of 35,472
It was tough but I went with the X3-ii. Got it delivered about 30 min ago, (Prime Same Day Shipping!). Listened briefly ootb with my TK13, using the HP out, very very good sound. Much better than the X1 had via the HP out. Haven't tried paired with my E12 yet. Just updated to FW 2.0. 

EDIT: Shipping my XDX3 back to Amazon. It's a very good player sound wise but the screen and UI just isn't for me. I have bad eyes. One thing that's a plus too is that the X3-ii is actually lighter than the XDX3, not by much but def noticeable. 

Hope you enjoy your X3ii Lurk, I love mine:smile:

Awesome review Twister, I have the #11 Carbon coming:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: was wondering just what the dual chamber would sound like:thumbsup:

:beers:

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #28,980 of 35,472
  Oh yeah, you grabbed during the Amazon sale I posted right? Yeah, I have no need for the dual slots honestly. I have a ton of music but that would be a paint in the butt to deal with. Already hard enough to search through 265 songs on one card. 

Having the 200GB card is almost makes me want to try out an X7, if I can justify the cost.  They seem to pop up on the for sale forums enough it shouldn't take long to find one if I really want to go that route.  Then again, I can just use my X5 with my Mojo and have excellent sound without having to spend any more.

On another note, I'm currently waiting on an RE-Zero (was quite surprised to see one pop up on the for sale forums) a Shozy Cygnus, and of course the Rose Puddin.  I'm curious to see how the Zero will sound on the HM-700 as well as how it sounds vs the RE-0, and later on the RE-00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back