Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #28,802 of 35,472
Short review : DZAT DF-10 WOOD.
I have been using the above for a few weeks now. I have let them burn in for approximately 10 hours.
Overall the dzat have a nice wide Soundstage, covering all scopes of the sound spectrum with ease and clarity.
My ears never got tired listening to these.
Mids and highs roll off smoothly and are detailed. No sibilance was heard.
Lows come through with depth and feeling. Lows have similar punch resembling that of the KZ Ed9s.
I am very impressed for the price of these at $22aud you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #28,803 of 35,472
OK Lurk, here's my brief Dolphin report after 2-3 hours listening today. Clear but bass is the prominent signature, vocals are front and center but bass notes linger with resonance which takes away from the mids. The design is neat looking and because of their all plastic makeup they are light and easy to wear but once again with the bass overtone you miss the finer detail in a lot of material. So to test them against my favorite in this price range they are veiled in comparison to my ED9 and not near as lively sounding, bass on the ED9 is sharp, precise with great punch but not over powering which is what I'm finding with the Dolphins
redface.gif
They almost have a hollow hall effect to them. Not going to shoot them down totally because Grand Funk came on and they really loved Mel and Don's bass/percussion on "Nothing is the same" but at the same time Mark's Gee-Tar licks became sibilant
blink.gif
I'll give them a little more time but these may be hitting the kids overflow box! Of course YMMV but they are not looking/sounding like my cup of tea
popcorn.gif
The ED9 were $6 less and it still was not even close to a fair contest, the box is badazz, looks just like an iPhone 6 box
ph34r.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #28,804 of 35,472
Also, they should have boosted low-bass and quite V-shaped signature according to ClieOS FR graph (that`s why I excluded them from my wish-list):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0VOjqY8dVYWQVozWG1Zb1g5dHc/view
http://www.head-fi.org/t/795851/the-craze-for-budget-hybrid-a-quick-comparison-work-in-progress

Though, sellers FR graph is totally different it seems (but still with ~3kHz peak):

@coil,@crabdog,@b9scrambler
I quite enjoy them, they have and V shape sound but well executed imo. Bass is felt from the go but is usually controlled with good subbass extension i wasnt expecting the punchiness they have. Mids are a bit recessed but not by much, clarity is rather good so vocals dont sound veiled and you can still hear the nuances we crave for. Highs get some sparkliness but i dont find them fatiguing(I believe i am not treble sensitive). Soundstage is above average and resolution and imaging are quite good. You can drive them easily as they are quite efficient. Cable seems similar to the one used in some Kz’s that i am not fan of. No driver flex and good looking shells that feel sturdy with good package.
So in all a bargain if you ask me af their current price.

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #28,805 of 35,472
  OK Lurk, here's my brief Dolphin report after 2-3 hours listening today. Clear but bass is the prominent signature, vocals are front and center but bass notes linger with resonance which takes away from the mids. The design is neat looking and because of their all plastic makeup they are light and easy to wear but once again with the bass overtone you miss the finer detail in a lot of material. So to test them against my favorite in this price range they are veiled in comparison to my ED9 and not near as lively sounding, bass on the ED9 is sharp, precise with great punch but not over powering which is what I'm finding with the Dolphins
redface.gif
They almost have a hollow hall effect to them. Not going to shoot them down totally because Grand Funk came on and they really loved Mel and Don's bass/percussion on "Nothing is the same" but at the same time Mark's Gee-Tar licks became sibilant
blink.gif
I'll give them a little more time but these may be hitting the kids overflow box! Of course YMMV but they are not looking/sounding like my cup of tea
popcorn.gif
The ED9 were $6 less and it still was not even close to a fair contest, the box is badazz, looks just like an iPhone 6 box
ph34r.gif

So then, is Twin going crazy?!

On that note, listened to my Maples then put in my TK13. 13 is more vocal forward, whereas the Maple is more neutral in that regard. I want to say I actually like the Maple vocals better, they also do the midbass punch better which leads to a better sound for Rock music. Hell I think even clarity/separation might be better on the Maples. Maybe I'm losing it now!

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #28,806 of 35,472
Kind of off topic here but I found this: 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gold-Rose-Silver-Final-Audio-Design-Piano-Forte-X-G-In-ear-Hifi-Earphone-Headset-LN004449/32345203592.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.30.egAEGM&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_2_10037_10033_507_10032_10020_10017_10021_10022_10009_10008_9999_10018_10019_101,searchweb201603_2&btsid=e0557a5a-a74b-4f41-8774-56e29c8708ab 

on AliExpress the other day and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts about it. I remember doing research on the FAD pieces and saw this one or one similar ( a bronze one ) going for ~2k. Why is it going for so cheap on there? Is it any good? Thanks

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #28,807 of 35,472
So then, is Twin going crazy?!

On that note, listened to my Maples then put in my TK13. 13 is more vocal forward, whereas the Maple is more neutral in that regard. I want to say I actually like the Maple vocals better, they also do the midbass punch better which leads to a better sound for Rock music. Hell I think even clarity/separation might be better on the Maples. Maybe I'm losing it now!

All I'm really sure of Lurk is that we all hear it differently, just a matter of what degree:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #28,808 of 35,472
@coil,@crabdog,@b9scrambler
I quite enjoy them, they have and V shape sound but well executed imo. Bass is felt from the go but is usually controlled with good subbass extension i wasnt expecting the punchiness they have. Mids are a bit recessed but not by much, clarity is rather good so vocals dont sound veiled and you can still hear the nuances we crave for. Highs get some sparkliness but i dont find them fatiguing(I believe i am not treble sensitive). Soundstage is above average and resolution and imaging are quite good. You can drive them easily as they are quite efficient. Cable seems similar to the one used in some Kz’s that i am not fan of. No driver flex and good looking shells that feel sturdy with good package.
So in all a bargain if you ask me af their current price.

Very interesting, thanks for that. Do you have the HLSX 808 or BK35? If they sound as good as either of those they would be a real bargain considering the accessories that come with them. Sounds like they're worthy of staying on my wishlist for the moment.

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #28,809 of 35,472
  Very interesting, thanks for that. Do you have the HLSX 808 or BK35? If they sound as good as either of those they would be a real bargain considering the accessories that come with them. Sounds like they're worthy of staying on my wishlist for the moment.

everything is on your wishlist mate 
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #28,811 of 35,472
You've probably heard me say it before but I think the K4 are stellar performers. Note that I don't use the stock tips. I use some large generic wide bores which sound better to me than the stocks. I do use the stock tips on the Shozy and they have better detail but aren't as bright. They both have a similar amount of bass though the Shozy's is a bit tighter. The k4 is also quite strong in the mids with less roll off on the highs. 

I've had the Maples on my list for weeks and if Akmola Lola is positive about them I'll pull the trigger as I've wanted to compare them with the K4 since they showed up. Lurk has been praising them with gusto.
ill properly audition both maple and tw1/t61 pffft tonight... last night i had some dinner with my bosses and all i think about is how i lost 1 night to really try em out.. i do listened to both for a brief moment with my oppo find 7 and what i notice is that they sounded better than my carbo tenore.. and i really liked the cable on maple..

disclaimer ; its not that i really mind seriously mind that theres no branding on maole, but having those would definnitely makes me feel happy as ive bought 5 musicmakers to date... personal satisfaction i guess?

and im not lying, its written as T61 on the splitter! (TW1)

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #28,812 of 35,472
  Also, they should have boosted low-bass and quite V-shaped signature according to ClieOS FR graph (that`s why I excluded them from my wish-list):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0VOjqY8dVYWQVozWG1Zb1g5dHc/view
http://www.head-fi.org/t/795851/the-craze-for-budget-hybrid-a-quick-comparison-work-in-progress

Though, sellers FR graph is totally different it seems (but still with ~3kHz peak):

....peaky "indeed"!
ksc75smile.gif

The two new earbuds I got are on the left, have the Mojito and Monk here for comparison.  It occurs to me after I took the pic that the difference in foam thickness could make the actual size difference not so apparent.  They'll be on the burner for a little bit, so I'm curious to see if I can notice any audible changes around 100 hours or so...  and of course I just now realized I didn't post this in the earbuds thread.

They look good.....but, I don't see the TY Hi-Z 
confused_face_2.gif

Though, my friends and I think the ROSE is tops! Has anyone here consider checking out the TY Hi-Z (by Tamrac)?

It has a similar housing as the ve monks! I have a pair and they are "explosively great" for the price! .....I will provide reviews within a few weeks.

Check them out!......
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-13354342823.21.Rn7TX5&id=529399390775

Main webpage.....
https://shop147984684.taobao.com/category-1184675142.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4010-13354342822.8.dwIxFv&search=y&catName=Hi-Z%C6%BD%CD%B7%C8%FB#bd

Oh boy! ....competition, competition! 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #28,814 of 35,472
The BK50 has completed production. Will sell soon on Magaosi store on Amazon. Or a seller on Ali.

NO it's too soon! 
tongue_smile.gif
 We haven't even heard about the bk35 yet. Ah no problem, if it's awesome I'll just replace 35 with 50 on my list ^_^
I don't recall if you mentioned the price of bk50 last time. Any idea?

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #28,815 of 35,472
....peaky "indeed"! :ksc75smile:

They look good.....but, I don't see the TY Hi-Z  :confused_face_2:

Though, my friends and I think the ROSE is tops! Has anyone here consider checking out the TY Hi-Z (by Tamrac)?

It has a similar housing as the ve monks! I have a pair and they are "explosively great" for the price! .....I will provide reviews within a few weeks.

Check them out!......
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-13354342823.21.Rn7TX5&id=529399390775

Main webpage.....
https://shop147984684.taobao.com/category-1184675142.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4010-13354342822.8.dwIxFv&search=y&catName=Hi-Z%C6%BD%CD%B7%C8%FB#bd

Oh boy! ....competition, competition!  :tongue_smile:

And all those buds are $5:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back