Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #27,346 of 35,472

cool.gif
You seem to be in a TINY Minority here. Most think these are great Earphones. Definitely NOT useless. Although I don't listen to much Metal.

Maybe it's your source.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I said useless for any heavier music, not everything. I've compared the sound with my iPhone 5 and the Realtek ALC892 integrated into my PC's motherboard and the hissy, unpleasant mid is noticeable on every one of them. 

well if his reference point is an iem from Vision Ears, I would agree 
tongue.gif

I've had multiple iems from Brainwavz and a pair of KZ's (ED10, and some other ones) before that. None of them had that unpleasantly sounding guitars like the UEs. Just my personal opinion.

May 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #27,347 of 35,472
I hope you realise the sources you have mentioned cannot take the complexity of metal and certain other genres that output a lot of fast transients and power. I am yet to find hissing on any of my iems from 5 usd to 200 but the only time i found hiss was due to a ground loop issue. I'd recommend a nicer source :)

May 11, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #27,348 of 35,472
I hope you realise the sources you have mentioned cannot take the complexity of metal and certain other genres that output a lot of fast transients and power. I am yet to find hissing on any of my iems from 5 usd to 200 but the only time i found hiss was due to a ground loop issue. I'd recommend a nicer source
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not talking about complex parts. I'm talking about simple power chords with subtle, slow drums (eg. Trivium Down from The Sky intro). The guitars there are just tearing into my ears and sound like pink noise to me (i was referring to that as hiss before, sorry for misunderstanding).

Adding to that, a weak source shouldn't make the music unlistenable, just less detailed IMO.

May 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #27,349 of 35,472
I listen to Metal and all types of genres, never noticed anything like you are describing. What tips are you using? Maybe you ended up getting a defective driver unit. 

May 11, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #27,351 of 35,472
Well once again my Fiio X1 froze again. Very disappointed. Ordered an Xduoo X3 from Amazon, will be here Friday. X1 will get shipped back then. Disappointed. My Fiio E07K from 2012 still works flawlessly and my E12 hasn't given me issues yet.

May 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #27,354 of 35,472
  I listen to Metal and all types of genres, never noticed anything like you are describing. What tips are you using? Maybe you ended up getting a defective driver unit. 

You asked me that when I said my first impressions before a burn in a couple days ago :)  Basically, I tried tips they came with including the memory foams and memory foams I bought separately from the KZ store on aliexpress. The "pink noisy" tone on the guitars appears on all of them.

May 11, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #27,355 of 35,472
Well once again my Fiio X1 froze again. Very disappointed. Ordered an Xduoo X3 from Amazon, will be here Friday. X1 will get shipped back then. Disappointed. My Fiio E07K from 2012 still works flawlessly and my E12 hasn't given me issues yet.

I had the X1 in the past. Have the X3 now. FWIW, I'm much happier with the X3. I think you will be also.

May 11, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #27,356 of 35,472
I'm so tempeted to get Xduoo X3. But from I've read in itsbthread, I don't know if it is worth it without rockbox.

Then Rockbox it?

Idk why it would even need RB though. Need to go thru the thread for it

May 11, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #27,358 of 35,472
I'm so tempeted to get Xduoo X3. But from I've read in itsbthread, I don't know if it is worth it without rockbox.

Yeah, check its thread. There is also a thread specially for rockbox in Xduoo X3.

I have never rockboxed anything since my Fiio X3II is the first and only decent player I've had. So rockbox scares me, I don't want to screw up things.

http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm

seems pretty straightforward, you just place a file and update like normal firmware.

May 11, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #27,359 of 35,472
I had the X1 in the past. Have the X3 now. FWIW, I'm much happier with the X3. I think you will be also.
Yeah, check its thread. There is also a thread specially for rockbox in Xduoo X3.

I have never rockboxed anything since my Fiio X3II is the first and only decent player I've had. So rockbox scares me, I don't want to screw up things.

Ahh, yeah I've Rockboxed my old Clip Zip and it was no biggie. Made loading from the SD card much faster

What are some good differences? The X3 has a Line Out correct?

May 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #27,360 of 35,472
kr0mka Message Easy and let him know you are not happy. May be able to work something out with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back